Author Topic: MIMS WATCH  (Read 44329 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: MIMS WATCH: Denzelta Variant
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2020, 10:28:38 AM »
True.  Between crowder, quincy, and perriman we have 1.75 wr
Crowder is one of the best slot WRs in the NFL.  Highly underrated.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2020, 12:40:33 PM »
Traditionally it is a difficult position to learn. First year WR's typically have trouble.

Not compared to other positions. If you execute a handful of routes correctly in a game you can be productive and help your team, especially with his speed and size. It's not like O line where any mistake can get your QB killed, or D where you can give up a big play or a TD.

I'm sure there are routes or blocking techniques he needs to work on, but there's no reason he can't be an impact player this year on this team.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2020, 01:40:04 PM »
Crowder is one of the best slot WRs in the NFL.  Highly underrated.
Crowder = 1 wr
Perriman = .7 wr
Quincy = .05 wr

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2020, 02:35:25 PM »
Crowder = 1 wr
Perriman = .7 wr
Quincy = .05 wr
Math checks out

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2020, 03:12:03 PM »
Not compared to other positions. If you execute a handful of routes correctly in a game you can be productive and help your team, especially with his speed and size. It's not like O line where any mistake can get your QB killed, or D where you can give up a big play or a TD.

I'm sure there are routes or blocking techniques he needs to work on, but there's no reason he can't be an impact player this year on this team.

No, Puck is right.

Most receiver prospects do not take off until their third season.

Coverage at the NCAA level is very vanilla and most offenses (especially Baylors) do not use complete route trees. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2020, 03:30:32 PM »
The "receivers break out in Year 3" used to be the rule of thumb among wide receivers. I used to target 3rd-year receivers in fantasy for that reason. Braylon Edwards might have been my biggest hit out of that group.

I don't think that's as big of a deal as it used to be 15 years ago. Mims needs to make an impact in year 1 and year 2. I'm not expecting 1,000 yards, but if he can have 500-600 yards and 5-6 touchdowns, that would be fine, as long as Perriman and Crowder do their jobs.

There will be a learning curve for sure, but even if Mims is used in a bit role like a Tre'Quan Smith, he needs to make some plays this season. Smith had 28 Rec, 427 yds, 5 TD as a rookie in 15 games.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2020, 03:54:56 PM »
No, Puck is right.

Coverage at the NCAA level is very vanilla and most offenses (especially Baylors) do not use complete route trees. 

I'm sure there's room for improvement but there's no reason he can't be a contributor while he learns the ropes. It's not like a QB who has to learn the whole offense. Start him with a few simple things he can do in games to take advantage of his physical skills.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2020, 04:51:49 PM »
Smith had 28 Rec, 427 yds, 5 TD as a rookie in 15 games.

That would be terrible production for a player that might be expected to be our #2 receiver. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2020, 05:52:16 PM »
If Mims doesn't have 8 catches for 237 yards week 1, cut Doug and open the country cuz my dawter deserves her prom!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2020, 12:20:58 AM »
No, Puck is right.

THis year is going to be pretty tough on all young players. As of now there's no hands on coaching.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2020, 03:29:12 AM »
That would be terrible production for a player that might be expected to be our #2 receiver. 
Perriman is our #1 receiver. Crowder will probably lead us in catches. Mims is third on the WR totem pole entering the year. If he exceeds that, great. We also have Herndon/Griffin and Bell to get catches.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 03:32:53 AM by Derek Smalls »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2020, 04:24:14 AM »
Perriman is our #1 receiver. Crowder will probably lead us in catches. Mims is third on the WR totem pole entering the year. If he exceeds that, great. We also have Herndon/Griffin and Bell to get catches.

Considering all things I wouldn't even expect Mims to be 3rd in production this year for just wideouts. Factor in tight ends and backs and i could easily see him being 6th or so in catches/yards this year.

Rookies are going to struggle mightly across the board. Especially ones who are dependent on practices.

I think there's a fairly solid chance Perine is our most productive rookie this year outside of the punter. Becton included.

Maybe Davis depending on how often he actually gets to see the field

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2020, 07:34:58 AM »
#Jets second round pick Denzel Mims confirms he will be wearing number 11, the Jets have replaced Robby Anderson’s number quickly

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2020, 08:53:41 AM »
Replaced who?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2020, 10:29:17 AM »
#Jets second round pick Denzel Mims confirms he will be wearing number 11, the Jets have replaced Robby Anderson’s number quickly

Switched from 15 to 11 because 11 receivers were picked ahead of him

He mad

Tags: