Author Topic: MIMS WATCH  (Read 44354 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: MIMS WATCH: Denzelta Variant
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2020, 09:41:21 AM »
He came into the NFL to be coached by Sanjay Lal and Tony Sparano. It's not a huge shocker that he struggled to figure things out - they knew he was raw when he was drafted and he didn't come into the best environment, that receivers room was a mix of assholes and scrubs.

Robby was raw too and didn’t get any help from his coaches. Hill was a complete waste of physical gifts
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2020, 09:41:46 AM »
Mims' twitter game will be a massive downgrade from Robby.

Biggest loss tbh

Becton is p cool

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2020, 09:44:28 AM »
Robby was raw too and didn’t get any help from his coaches. Hill was a complete waste of physical gifts

Robby was just told to do the one thing he knew how to do - beat your man downfield. Robby is also much better at tracking the ball over his shoulder than not just Hill, but quite a lot of receivers.

Hill was asked to learn a bunch of routes and never had a clue how to do it. Several plays every game would finish with him looking around confused as to where he was and whether he was supposed to be there.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2020, 09:59:29 AM »
Robby was just told to do the one thing he knew how to do

That's really all he can do. 

Elite deep threat ability will be missed but I'd prefer a more well rounded receiver. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2020, 10:27:45 AM »
That's really all he can do. 

Elite deep threat ability will be missed but I'd prefer a more well rounded receiver. 

Vyncynt Smyth's deep threat ability says hi.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2020, 10:56:01 AM »
Vyncynt Smyth's deep threat ability says hi.
Vynynsyty Symythy

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2020, 02:09:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/mattwaldman/status/1256295078999535616?s=21

50 minute film breakdown on Mims detailing his evolution as a route runner from 2017 > 2018 > 2019.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2020, 02:14:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/mattwaldman/status/1256295078999535616?s=21

50 minute film breakdown on Mims detailing his evolution as a route runner from 2017 > 2018 > 2019.
Would appreciate a summary once someone's watched it.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2020, 10:21:06 PM »

I watched the first 5 minutes and it was enough for me to put him in the Hall of Fame

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2020, 07:32:30 PM »

Watched the whole thing over a couple of days. Main points:
1. He got significantly better at getting into and out of breaks over three years, cuts became sharper, he routinely gets reasonable separation from the cuts he makes.
2. He has very strong catching fundamentals, even when he has to contort his body/fight through contact his hands are regularly in good position, goes up to meet the ball with hands together.
3. Shows relatively strong awareness on the boundary, but inconsistent about getting both feet in, room for improvement at the NFL level.
4. Has several strong releases and varies them within the course of the game. Often will try to use plays where he knows he's not getting targeted to set up a release for later in the game - shows that he's thinking and adjusting as the game goes on.
5. Very, very strong blocker downfield, transitions from routes into blocking well and will finish blocking assignments even when he doesn't know the play is developing behind him. Likewise, will occasionally get open by faking blocks and then transitioning into a route.
6. Has the speed and cutting to get away from one-on-one coverage. The guy who was doing the analysis basically didn't specifically talk about the quarterback play at all, but from what I observed, even on plays that Mims beat his coverage, he often had to slow down because the QB didn't lead him down the field. He was also regularly open on quick hitch routes but the quarterback wouldn't throw until after Mims had made his cut, allowing the CB to recover and close.
7. Thoughtful route runner, understands how to get guys to bite on fakes.
8. Quick to turn his head and get up field after the catch, doesn't spend time dancing around/moving backwards.

Basically a lot of praise. The guy said that regardless of the results he was getting, Mims has a really solid process. He doesn't rely on one skill, he's technically sound and improving every year, reliably gets open against all sorts of coverage, plays smart, and is athletic enough to beat anybody and make just about every catch.

Also he really just goes on and on about blocking, makes it seem like Mims could start at RG tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:35:05 PM by ons »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2020, 01:09:19 PM »
Manish Mehta
@MMehtaNYDN
·
28m
Source: Jets have agreed to terms on a 4-year, $5.4M deal with second-round WR Denzel Mims. $3M guaranteed.

Some positive news....
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2020, 01:10:00 PM »
Good.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2020, 01:13:06 PM »
Good.

in b4 his holdout next season

just kidding.

well...maybe not.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2020, 02:07:58 PM »
in b4 his holdout next season

just kidding.

well...maybe not.

Extend everyone except Winters.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2020, 03:37:20 PM »
Watched the whole thing over a couple of days. Main points:
1. He got significantly better at getting into and out of breaks over three years, cuts became sharper, he routinely gets reasonable separation from the cuts he makes.
2. He has very strong catching fundamentals, even when he has to contort his body/fight through contact his hands are regularly in good position, goes up to meet the ball with hands together.
3. Shows relatively strong awareness on the boundary, but inconsistent about getting both feet in, room for improvement at the NFL level.
4. Has several strong releases and varies them within the course of the game. Often will try to use plays where he knows he's not getting targeted to set up a release for later in the game - shows that he's thinking and adjusting as the game goes on.
5. Very, very strong blocker downfield, transitions from routes into blocking well and will finish blocking assignments even when he doesn't know the play is developing behind him. Likewise, will occasionally get open by faking blocks and then transitioning into a route.
6. Has the speed and cutting to get away from one-on-one coverage. The guy who was doing the analysis basically didn't specifically talk about the quarterback play at all, but from what I observed, even on plays that Mims beat his coverage, he often had to slow down because the QB didn't lead him down the field. He was also regularly open on quick hitch routes but the quarterback wouldn't throw until after Mims had made his cut, allowing the CB to recover and close.
7. Thoughtful route runner, understands how to get guys to bite on fakes.
8. Quick to turn his head and get up field after the catch, doesn't spend time dancing around/moving backwards.

Basically a lot of praise. The guy said that regardless of the results he was getting, Mims has a really solid process. He doesn't rely on one skill, he's technically sound and improving every year, reliably gets open against all sorts of coverage, plays smart, and is athletic enough to beat anybody and make just about every catch.

Also he really just goes on and on about blocking, makes it seem like Mims could start at RG tomorrow.
Wow great praise and even better write up.  Appreciate it

Tags: