Author Topic: Clowney  (Read 1747 times)

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
Clowney
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:44:40 AM »
Not really sure where to post this...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/houston-texans-owner-bob-mcnair-gushes-jadeveon-clowney-225207116--nfl.html?vp=1

Team owner Bob McNair was quite revealing when speaking with the Texans team website and when the name of South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. When asked about the mercurial Gamecock prospect, McNair — a South Carolina grad — didn't hold back.

“He is a remarkable player," McNair said. "He’s one of these players that’s really a once-in-every-10-years kind of physical specimen that comes along.”

McNair oversaw and approved the drafting of Mario Williams a decade ago (over the much ballyhooed Reggie Bush, mind you), so it would be no surprise if the owner can get behind drafting Clowney, even if he's far from the consensus top pick.

The Texans have a need a quarterback, and it's pressing. New head coach Bill O'Brien likely has figured this out by now. Matt Schaub will go elsewhere, per all indications, and holdover Case Keenum might not be who O'Brien envisions as his future leader under center. So that leaves the still-strong possibility that the Texans would take one first overall.

Incredibly, McNair even discussed such a scenario happening.

"One of the things I said to J.J. was, 'I don't know what will happen, if we get Clowney, I want you to instill the same kind of work habits that you have," McNair said. "He said, 'If he's in the same room as me, he'll have them.'"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Clowney
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:42:40 AM »
If I'm Houston, I would take Jadeveon Clowney and then the best available QB in the second round.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 01:17:19 PM »
You guys are all stupid. I was reading at some place called PatsFans.com and they told me Houston is trading their first overall pick for Ryan Mallet.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 05:22:07 PM »
You guys are all stupid. I was reading at some place called PatsFans.com and they told me Houston is trading their first overall pick for Ryan Mallet.

Not Kirk Cousins?

Tags: