Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87515 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #990 on: September 13, 2020, 05:09:37 PM »
We are a worse defense without Jamal Adams. I don't know how anyone can try and argue against that.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #991 on: September 13, 2020, 05:10:14 PM »
My solution would have been to pay him, because watching that $30M+ of cap space on the field today was no fun at all.

Still, jam tomorrow, eh?
I would have been fine keeping him and signing him before all the excrement went down. Granted, that also would send a message to the league - whine about your contract with the Jets, and you'll get a raise. We don't know how much money Jamal wanted.

But there's no guarantee that would made made everything better, especially once he demanded the trade.

Once he goes public with the trade demands, we don't know if he would have resigned. He demanded a trade. Those don't always get immediately resolved with a contract. Some do, some don't. If the place is as bad as you (and he) say it is, why would he resign?

Second of all, even if we did sign him, why would we expect him to all of a sudden fall in line? If we went 6-10 this year, he'd probably still try to force his way out in a trade in March. He tried to get to Dallas last year at the deadline. What would stop him from trying to get to Dallas next offseason?

I wanted to make it work with Jamal. But when you can get two 1st-round picks, a quality replacement, an upgraded mid-round pick, tons of extra cap space, and you alleviate your roster of a headache, I think you had to do it.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #992 on: September 13, 2020, 05:13:18 PM »
We are a worse defense without Jamal Adams. I don't know how anyone can try and argue against that.
Who is arguing that?

The argument is that we're a 4-8 win team with Jamal and without Jamal, and the biggest reasons why are our deficiencies at some of the most important positions on the football field (OL, EDGE, WR, CB).

Adams definitely would have helped today, but Maye didn't miss much of a beat in Adams' role.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #993 on: September 13, 2020, 05:14:13 PM »
The whole team was excrement today, offense, defense and specials all the way to coaching. Dunno how much a disgruntled SS would've helped. Maye basically had a similar role and game as Adams had last year.

Re: disgruntled - I think he would have had the best year of his career.

Agree with everything else you said which brings to mind the question, why are we so much worse? What changed? Or, what stayed the same?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #994 on: September 13, 2020, 05:15:49 PM »

Agree with everything else you said which brings to mind the question, why are we so much worse? What changed? Or, what stayed the same?
We sucked last year. We sucked today. I don't think we can judge how much better or worse we are than last year after one game.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #995 on: September 13, 2020, 05:17:23 PM »
We sucked last year. We sucked today. I don't think we can judge how much better or worse we are than last year after one game.

Our defense was worse, our coach was worse, our QB was worse, our WRs are worse. Our OL is hopefully a bit better.

Today. Agree on the sample size
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #996 on: September 13, 2020, 05:17:48 PM »

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #997 on: September 13, 2020, 05:18:37 PM »

Agree with this.

Today's game was similar to last year's Cincinnati, first Miami or Jacksonville game. The team was just flat across all facets off the game.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #998 on: September 13, 2020, 05:26:28 PM »
He never should have been hired and he's been here longer than he deserves.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #999 on: September 13, 2020, 05:47:14 PM »
Ugh

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1000 on: September 14, 2020, 12:43:34 PM »
I posted this on Twitter yesterday, and I'm going to repeat it here.

I think Maye is a more overall talented safety than Adams. My only concern with him is that he's had trouble staying healthy.

That said, the Jets defense would be better with both Adams and Maye in the secondary.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1001 on: September 14, 2020, 12:45:27 PM »
I think Maye is a more overall talented safety than Adams. My only concern with him is that he's had trouble staying healthy.
Now that is a hot take. I like Maye a lot, but let's slow down.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1002 on: September 14, 2020, 12:50:03 PM »
I'm just glad Maye is healthy and looks good, so there's not a gaping hole where Adams used to be. And we have two years to hope for Seattle's luck to turn bad and land us a higher #1.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1003 on: September 14, 2020, 01:03:22 PM »
Adams has more talent. It’s not even close.

Maye is still a good to great player. If he stays healthy he should be able to produce in the role Adams played last season.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1004 on: September 14, 2020, 01:35:00 PM »
Maye is probably a better player with the ball in the air, but I'll take Adams over him every day of the week.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: