Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87490 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #975 on: September 13, 2020, 04:43:40 PM »
Please, elaborate on how the Jets have helped to develop Sam Darnold.
They've done a excrement job putting talent around him, no argument from me there. But young players should be on an upward trajectory regardless. If you're only as good as the talent around you, then you're probably not that good.

I expect Darnold to bounce back, but this was alarming.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #976 on: September 13, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »
Well, you should. Because if you want us to actually be able to sign good FAs without having to overpay, or to keep our own drafted players without them agitating to leave or insisting on such a big new contract that we have no choice but to trade them, then we need to not be seen as the toilet of the league.
That's all irrelevant. Win games and the reputation of the Jets will improve. The Jets have to overpay for free agents because they haven't made the playoffs in a decade. If the Jets win, none of the rest matters.

If the Jets somehow bounce back and go 12-4 this year, it's not like free agents will be like "Oh, Jamal was upset, so I won't sign with the Jets." And if we had Jamal and went 7-9 instead of 5-11 this year, that wouldn't have made a difference either.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #977 on: September 13, 2020, 04:48:22 PM »
They've done a excrement job putting talent around him, no argument from me there. But young players should be on an upward trajectory regardless. If you're only as good as the talent around you, then you're probably not that good.

I expect Darnold to bounce back, but this was alarming.

Maybe Darnold will never be great. Drafting a QB high, hanging him out to dry, and then giving up on him halfway through is destined to fail, every time.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #978 on: September 13, 2020, 04:52:39 PM »
Maybe Darnold will never be great. Drafting a QB high, hanging him out to dry, and then giving up on him halfway through is destined to fail, every time.
I agree that the Jets have done a miserable job surrounding him with talent, and that makes things a lot harder for Darnold to develop.

And bringing this back to the Adams trade, that's why we need to use those extra draft picks to finally build up the offense. Build up the offensive line. Get a couple receivers in here. Give Darnold or whoever replaces Darnold a better chance to succeed.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #979 on: September 13, 2020, 04:56:53 PM »
I agree that the Jets have done a miserable job surrounding him with talent, and that makes things a lot harder for Darnold to develop.

And bringing this back to the Adams trade, that's why we need to use those extra draft picks to finally build up the offense. Build up the offensive line. Get a couple receivers in here. Give Darnold or whoever replaces Darnold a better chance to succeed.

I’m aware we need to use draft picks to build up the offense, let the front office know. I was screaming when we picked back to back safeties and Nathan Shepherd Jachai polite and Blake Cashman and Davis/Zuniga/Morgan.

And we wonder why we are here and our franchise QB is struggling

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #980 on: September 13, 2020, 04:57:15 PM »
Even if Darnold is destined to suck, drafting a new QB would be retarded. Coming here with a excrement OL, no offensive weapons would doom them to immediately fail

Stack the OL, stack the wideouts, if Darnolds still trash you can bring the new QB to a good landing spot

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #981 on: September 13, 2020, 04:58:06 PM »
That's all irrelevant. Win games and the reputation of the Jets will improve. The Jets have to overpay for free agents because they haven't made the playoffs in a decade. If the Jets win, none of the rest matters.

If the Jets somehow bounce back and go 12-4 this year, it's not like free agents will be like "Oh, Jamal was upset, so I won't sign with the Jets." And if we had Jamal and went 7-9 instead of 5-11 this year, that wouldn't have made a difference either.

Damn, football must work differently to literally every single other professional sport in the world, because in those players talk to each other and make their decisions based upon a variety of factors, including what their peers say about clubs that they might choose to join. Good to know that in football players purely look at a team's win/loss record in the previous season.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #982 on: September 13, 2020, 05:00:35 PM »
Damn, football must work differently to literally every single other professional sport in the world, because in those players talk to each other and make their decisions based upon a variety of factors, including what their peers say about clubs that they might choose to join. Good to know that in football players purely look at a team's win/loss record in the previous season.
Okay, but that has nothing to do with the trade. Jamal was angry at the Jets and ripped the franchise constantly in the media. Your solution would have been to keep him and everything would have been fine?

The damage was already done before the trade.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #983 on: September 13, 2020, 05:01:32 PM »
Okay, but that has nothing to do with the trade. Jamal was angry at the Jets and ripped the franchise constantly in the media. Your solution would have been to keep him and everything would have been fine?

The damage was already done before the trade.

My solution would have been to pay him, because watching that $30M+ of cap space on the field today was no fun at all.

Still, jam tomorrow, eh?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #984 on: September 13, 2020, 05:01:47 PM »
I’m aware we need to use draft picks to build up the offense, let the front office know. I was screaming when we picked back to back safeties and Nathan Shepherd Jachai polite and Blake Cashman and Davis/Zuniga/Morgan.

And we wonder why we are here and our franchise QB is struggling
We're on the same page there. But at some point, the quarterback needs to show more signs of development than he has.

Some of the plays he was missing today were alarming and had nothing to do with his supporting cast.

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #985 on: September 13, 2020, 05:02:43 PM »
My solution would have been to pay him, because watching that $30M+ of cap space on the field today was no fun at all.

Still, jam tomorrow, eh?

Jamal Adams wouldn't have changed a damn thing on the scoreboard today.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #986 on: September 13, 2020, 05:04:24 PM »

Given how badly the defense played I'm not entirely sure that that's true, but still. Not my point.

Think how good we're going to be in 2022!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #987 on: September 13, 2020, 05:06:06 PM »

I mean, you saw how our defense played against the Bills in 2019 vs 2020 but go off

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #988 on: September 13, 2020, 05:07:31 PM »
i'd still have traded jamal for the 2 first. theres so much wrong with us even if jamal had the greatest game of his career, our offense is still god awful and we'll still lose

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #989 on: September 13, 2020, 05:09:08 PM »
I mean, you saw how our defense played against the Bills in 2019 vs 2020 but go off

The whole team was excrement today, offense, defense and specials all the way to coaching. Dunno how much a disgruntled SS would've helped. Maye basically had a similar role and game as Adams had last year.

Tags: