Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 89026 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #960 on: September 13, 2020, 04:19:01 PM »
Jamal is going to talk. He'll take digs at us all year. All we can do is hope they lose for the draft picks.

Honestly, I think today helped validate the Adams trade. We desperately need talent at premium positions. Maye was great without Adams, and McDougald was fine, too. We aren't winning anything with or without a safety making a shitload of money.

I never wanted to trade Adams unless we got two 1sts, and I still feel that way, but now that we have them, I'm excited to hopefully makeover the offense.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #961 on: September 13, 2020, 04:20:20 PM »
Jamal is going to talk. He'll take digs at us all year. All we can do is hope they lose for the draft picks.

Honestly, I think today helped validate the Adams trade. We desperately need talent at premium positions. Maye was great without Adams, and McDougald was fine, too. We aren't winning anything with or without a safety making a shitload of money.

I never wanted to trade Adams unless we got two 1sts, and I still feel that way, but now that we have them, I'm excited to hopefully makeover the offense.

Imagine Adams' post game presser if he still played here today.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #962 on: September 13, 2020, 04:22:37 PM »

I agree with your premise.

But, largely this was the same defense as last year. Are there any other big additions/subtractions I’m missing?

So why did we get our excrement pushed in by Josh freaking Allen? Can’t say how embarrassing it is to be the team that allows him to pass for 300 yards
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #963 on: September 13, 2020, 04:26:39 PM »

But, largely this was the same defense as last year. Are there any other big additions/subtractions I’m missing?

So why did we get our excrement pushed in by Josh freaking Allen? Can’t say how embarrassing it is to be the team that allows him to pass for 300 yards
Had they not pulled their starters, we'd have gotten abused week 17 also. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #964 on: September 13, 2020, 04:29:12 PM »

He did throw it 46 times (6.8 yds per att), so when you throw that often, you expect 300 yards.

The defense did get better after they benched Desir, but it was also a blowout at that point.

Last year in Week 1, the Bills had 370 yards. This year, they had 404. Last year, the defense shut them down until Mosley went down. This year, Mosley was already out, and we lost Cashman in the game. We had Harvey Langi playing constantly. And they added Diggs.

This is a bad roster. Defensive line is solid and safeties are solid, but the LBs and CBs are bad.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #965 on: September 13, 2020, 04:30:13 PM »

Sure. In isolation, if we look at it like a game of Madden, it was a good trade. But if we look at it in the context of what it says to the league, it was a freaking disaster. Adams told the entire league that the team doesn't know how to win and they aren't prepared to reward good players, and that if you're any good you're best off not being on the Jets. And then both he and the Jets went out today and proved him 100% correct.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #966 on: September 13, 2020, 04:32:42 PM »
The holes this team has were put on display today.  This team is a rebuild (as usual). We need linebackers, corners, and WRs. We need draft picks and to hit on them. Darnold was the surprise today.  He sucked derriere.  I didn't expect that.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #967 on: September 13, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »
The holes this team has were put on display today.  This team is a rebuild (as usual). We need linebackers, corners, and WRs. We need draft picks and to hit on them. Darnold was the surprise today.  He sucked derriere.  I didn't expect that.

You say you’re surprised. Why did you expect Darnold to be better? Because he’s a year more experienced? Is that it?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #968 on: September 13, 2020, 04:37:13 PM »
You say you’re surprised. Why did you expect Darnold to be better? Because he’s a year more experienced? Is that it?
Yes.  Also no scheme change for once and he's healthy. I didn't expect Pro Bowl, but not this.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #969 on: September 13, 2020, 04:38:53 PM »
Sure. In isolation, if we look at it like a game of Madden, it was a good trade. But if we look at it in the context of what it says to the league, it was a freaking disaster. Adams told the entire league that the team doesn't know how to win and they aren't prepared to reward good players, and that if you're any good you're best off not being on the Jets. And then both he and the Jets went out today and proved him 100% correct.
I don't care "what it says to the league." That's meaningless to me. They got two 1st-round picks for him when nobody thought they would get that. It's not like they sold low on him.

Adams was already saying things about the Jets when he was here. He demanded a trade and then went scorched earth. That was the message to the league. The damage was done well before the trade (if there was any long-term damage).

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #970 on: September 13, 2020, 04:39:23 PM »
a full year of running and extra study time and then practice and its still a terrible freaking scheme

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #971 on: September 13, 2020, 04:40:49 PM »
Because Darnold played like a below average starting quarterback in 2018 and 2019, and the natural progression of a 3rd-year quarterback entering his 2nd year in a system should be to get better.

If the expectation for a 23-year old player is to not get better, then why are we even bothering to develop him? Of course a 3rd-year quarterback should expect to improve over his 2nd year, especially when his 2nd year wasn't very good.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #972 on: September 13, 2020, 04:41:41 PM »
Because Darnold played like a below average starting quarterback in 2018 and 2019, and the natural progression of a 3rd-year quarterback entering his 2nd year in a system should be to get better. If the expectation for a 23-year old player is to not get better, then why are we even bothering to develop him?

Please, elaborate on how the Jets have helped to develop Sam Darnold.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #973 on: September 13, 2020, 04:42:20 PM »
Please, elaborate on how the Jets have helped to develop Sam Darnold.

we are really excited about his weapons

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #974 on: September 13, 2020, 04:42:51 PM »
I don't care "what it says to the league."

Well, you should. Because if you want us to actually be able to sign good FAs without having to overpay, or to keep our own drafted players without them agitating to leave or insisting on such a big new contract that we have no choice but to trade them, then we need to not be seen as the toilet of the league.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: