Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87436 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #930 on: July 28, 2020, 10:01:27 AM »
This team is failing to/choosing not to retain 1st rounders because they either suck or the rest of our drafts suck so bad that we need to hock them for help elsewhere.

The Jets need to have a STRING of solid drafts, not just good first rounders.  Otherwise Jamal Adamses will just get traded for other parts every year.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #931 on: July 28, 2020, 10:11:55 AM »
The Jets stunk with Jamal Adams. 

He most definitely wants more money than Eddie Jackson.  The Jets were not in a spot to fork over that kind of cash, especially in a situation where the cap will probably be seriously impacted due to COVID-19.  The team has the money to pay him, but it's not the best allocation of resources when we have so many other holes and we are a ways away from competing. 

We can add two quality starters at other positions with the money saved not extending him.  We also got at worst, a replacement level starter at the same position in Bradley McDougald.

This franchise moves as far as Sam Darnold will take it.  Jamal Adams wasn't taking this team anywhere.  We have to protect the QB and get him some weapons. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #932 on: July 28, 2020, 11:58:20 AM »

He most definitely wants more money than Eddie Jackson.  The Jets were not in a spot to fork over that kind of cash, especially in a situation where the cap will probably be seriously impacted due to COVID-19.  The team has the money to pay him, but it's not the best allocation of resources when we have so many other holes and we are a ways away from competing. 

We can add two quality starters at other positions with the money saved not extending him.  We also got at worst, a replacement level starter at the same position in Bradley McDougald.

This franchise moves as far as Sam Darnold will take it.  Jamal Adams wasn't taking this team anywhere.  We have to protect the QB and get him some weapons. 

Tough to argue with anything in this post.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #933 on: July 28, 2020, 01:11:49 PM »
Tough to argue with anything in this post.
McDougald is a stupid last name, it's either McDonald or McDougal not this in-between crap. I hate this trade now.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #934 on: July 28, 2020, 01:40:56 PM »
This team is failing to/choosing not to retain 1st rounders because they either suck or the rest of our drafts suck so bad that we need to hock them for help elsewhere.

The Jets need to have a STRING of solid drafts, not just good first rounders.  Otherwise Jamal Adamses will just get traded for other parts every year.

i don't have any strong arguments with any of the stuff in these posts, i agree with this stuff.

i hope we build a solid, well-rounded team with an emphasis on protecting and supporting sam. i hope we become a good team. drafting well rounds 1-7 will have a big part in that, and I feel like JD is that sort of GM

i just wonder how contract negotiations will go in the future if/when we actually have a solid team with a bunch of keepers and we're tasked with trying to keep the best of the best and still make them happy, while ensuring the rest of the team remains solid. right now all we had was jamal adams and sam and we still couldn't find a way to keep jamal. maybe jamal was asking for way too much money, but our history in general shows that we have not been good with that. but honestly, there is no point in opening up that can of worms until we're actually good. i just want us to be good

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #935 on: July 28, 2020, 02:08:28 PM »
McDougald is a stupid last name, it's either McDonald or McDougal not this in-between crap. I hate this trade now.

wow you are so racist. he had nothing to do with the slave owners that gave his family that name. 0.2 off your marxism rating

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #936 on: July 28, 2020, 02:11:28 PM »
It gets insanely demoralizing to put just how bad the Jets have been at drafting and managing the roster. So many "no-brainer" picks in the first round have been traded or cut. Maye is the last member of the 2017 draft class still on the team.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #937 on: July 28, 2020, 02:16:04 PM »
It gets insanely demoralizing to put just how bad the Jets have been at drafting and managing the roster. So many "no-brainer" picks in the first round have been traded or cut. Maye is the last member of the 2017 draft class still on the team.

How many guys are still on our roster from the 2014-2018 drafts? Like 3? Sam, Maye and Herndon?

Our drafting is the reason we are a laughingstock. Hopefully Douglas rights the ship in that department
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #938 on: July 28, 2020, 02:21:34 PM »
wow you are so racist. he had nothing to do with the slave owners that gave his family that name. 0.2 off your marxism rating
I'm deducting a corner from his black card for keeping it

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #939 on: July 28, 2020, 05:09:04 PM »
"That's the culture there in Seattle, they empower their players to be adults and to have opinions......
Jamal Adams will not be subtle; you saw that in NY when he wanted out and he pushed his way out...
and I'm excited to see the NFC. West, it's going to be wild"
Michael Silver's a dickbag

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1288194020943044609

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #940 on: July 28, 2020, 05:51:59 PM »

Welp, today was the first time I actually read his name correctly

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #941 on: July 28, 2020, 06:04:01 PM »
Welp, today was the first time I actually read his name correctly

ngl, badge's post was the first time i noted it too

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #942 on: July 28, 2020, 06:06:54 PM »
Bradley McLoggains

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #943 on: July 28, 2020, 06:15:47 PM »
Bradley McToughshopd
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #944 on: July 28, 2020, 06:31:04 PM »

https://www.houseofnames.com/mcdougald-family-crest
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: