Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87569 times)

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #870 on: July 27, 2020, 09:22:21 AM »
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1287748780708769800?s=20

Ian Rapoport: The tense relationship between the #Jets and Jamal Adams began to crumble when he reached out to #Cowboys players during the trade deadline in an effort to convince Dallas brass to deal for him. The culmination of all of that landed him in Seattle instead.

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #871 on: July 27, 2020, 09:47:38 AM »
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1287748780708769800?s=20

Ian Rapoport: The tense relationship between the #Jets and Jamal Adams began to crumble when he reached out to #Cowboys players during the trade deadline in an effort to convince Dallas brass to deal for him. The culmination of all of that landed him in Seattle instead.
So in other words Jamal himself tried to set up a trade outta here and then when Douglas picked up the phone, he lost his marbles? Are you freaking kidding me?! This is some AB level psychoshit.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #872 on: July 27, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »
So in other words Jamal himself tried to set up a trade outta here and then when Douglas picked up the phone, he lost his marbles? Are you freaking kidding me?! This is some AB level psychoshit.

I'm pretty sure Adam Gase is just making all of this up. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #873 on: July 27, 2020, 10:05:34 AM »
Who gives a freak about his position? The resources should be allocated based upon the player's importance to the team, I don't care if they're listed as a safety or a full back or a water boy. Jamal Adams was the best and most important player on the defensive side of the ball (Mosley might become that but until he demonstrates an ability to stay on the field he's ineligible for consideration).

Ever notice how different positions have different average salaries?

It's almost like there's a correlation between average salary for a position and how important that position is to the team. And then his good a player is determining which end of the scale a player is..

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #874 on: July 27, 2020, 10:11:30 AM »
Ever notice how different positions have different average salaries?

It's almost like there's a correlation between average salary for a position and how important that position is to the team. And then his good a player is determining which end of the scale a player is..

If you spent more time watching football and less time playing Madden you might understand my point.

Heismanberg's view that in itself it's a problem that we use him that way is a reasonable one, if arguable, but yours is the thinking of a simpleton.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #875 on: July 27, 2020, 10:13:15 AM »

That’s some serious freak you bullshit from Adams if it’s true.

The more that comes out the more it seems he is a gigantic douchenozzle who only cares about himself. I hope he throws a bitch fit in Seattle next offseason when he doesn’t get $20 million a year and demands a trade to Dallas.
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #876 on: July 27, 2020, 10:17:00 AM »
Heismanberg's view that in itself it's a problem that we use him that way

I'm just saying that a consistent edge rusher is much more valuable than a safety that's only true impact against the passing game is pass rushing.

Williams had to take a defender out of the defensive backfield and use him as a pass rush threat to generate pressure because our edge depth chart is devoid of talent.  That is not an ideal situation. 

Adams did not make enough plays in the passing game.  That's why I don't consider him worth the money he supposedly wants. 

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #877 on: July 27, 2020, 10:20:46 AM »
85 Kylin Hill - RB - Mississippi State

69 Tamorrion Terry - WR - Florida State -

37 Rashod Bateman - WR - Minnesota

21 Shaun Wade -  CB - Ohio State

5 Gregory Rousseau - EDGE - Miami

A haul

Plus the added bonus that Gase should be long gone if we are picking at 5

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #878 on: July 27, 2020, 10:22:37 AM »
If Maye/McDougald/Davis all stay healthy, I don't think there's that much of a drop off at safety for us. 

Obviously the loss of Adams limits what Gregg Williams was doing with safeties in the box last season, but Ashtyn Davis is a very versatile player too.  He isn't as good against the run at Jamal, no one in the NFL is.  But Davis lined up at linebacker at Cal and is a sure-tackler. 

McDougald is no slouch either. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #879 on: July 27, 2020, 10:23:00 AM »
Plus the added bonus that Gase should be long gone if we are picking at 5

Should be, yes

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #880 on: July 27, 2020, 10:25:23 AM »
I'm just saying that a consistent edge rusher is much more valuable than a safety that's only true impact against the passing game is pass rushing.

Williams had to take a defender out of the defensive backfield and use him as a pass rush threat to generate pressure because our edge depth chart is devoid of talent.  That is not an ideal situation. 

Adams did not make enough plays in the passing game.  That's why I don't consider him worth the money he supposedly wants. 

I think that his value is not as any one thing, but in his flexibility to allow him to play multiple roles in the same scheme. I don't like the comparisons with Polamalu or Reed or anyone else (lol Eric Smith) because they don't really provide any contextual value. I think the problem you're describing isn't a failure of Jamal Adams, it's one of our roster and the fact that Williams had to use him in the box more than is optimal simply because of our complete lack of pass rush, but it's the versatility that he brings that enabled Williams to do it so successfully and with a better roster, that versatility just becomes even more valuable. He's the best spur we've seen in years and I think Carroll is going to be able to do a lot of things with him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #881 on: July 27, 2020, 10:26:48 AM »
If you spent more time watching football and less time playing Madden you might understand my point.

Heismanberg's view that in itself it's a problem that we use him that way is a reasonable one, if arguable, but yours is the thinking of a simpleton.

You call it simpleton thinking

I call it recursive partioning

But I see it's hard to understand when you have Gase derangement syndrome

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #882 on: July 27, 2020, 10:28:14 AM »
85 Kylin Hill - RB - Mississippi State

69 Tamorrion Terry - WR - Florida State -

37 Rashod Bateman - WR - Minnesota

21 Shaun Wade -  CB - Ohio State

5 Gregory Rousseau - EDGE - Miami

A haul
Every time I see the name Tamorrion Terry I hear it in a Key & Peele East-West Bowl voice in my head

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #883 on: July 27, 2020, 10:55:29 AM »
You call it simpleton thinking

I call it recursive partioning

But I see it's hard to understand when you have Gase derangement syndrome
Correct why pay 17m for a safety who can rush the passer when you can pay 10m to a pass rusher who could get the same results and 7m for a good safety

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Tags: