Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87463 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #855 on: July 27, 2020, 06:21:57 AM »
Nice speculation. Still haven't seen someone negotiate with him.

why does someone need to negotiate with him? there's still 3 (1 being the franchise tag) years left of control on his contract.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #857 on: July 27, 2020, 06:59:39 AM »
why does someone need to negotiate with him? there's still 3 (1 being the franchise tag) years left of control on his contract.

Not the point.

The argument was over how much he was going to get per year, not how many years were left on the contract.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #858 on: July 27, 2020, 07:00:25 AM »
I’m sure it won’t happen, but man it would be fun to watch Adams if we end up with a better record than Seattle this year.
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #859 on: July 27, 2020, 07:05:54 AM »
Not the point.

The argument was over how much he was going to get per year, not how many years were left on the contract.

it's a moot point now anyway.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #860 on: July 27, 2020, 07:23:47 AM »
Not the point.

Why didn't Jamal just post how much he wanted on Twitter?

That's the proper way for a nfl player to communicate with his franchise

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #861 on: July 27, 2020, 07:29:26 AM »
Why didn't Jamal just post how much he wanted on Twitter?

That's the proper way for a nfl player to communicate with his franchise
$20 million.  Luv.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #862 on: July 27, 2020, 07:57:54 AM »
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1287707819085631489?s=19

Cant wait for the Jamal Adam's show to begin in Seattle, just fair warning if he does not get paid all of a sudden your GM will be a liar and coach will be the issue
-Jets fan

For some reason you guys just seem to forget why he wanted to leave your franchise. Hint: it's the same reason loads of your fans are upset lol.
-Chiefs fan

Lol indeed
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #863 on: July 27, 2020, 08:03:34 AM »
If as reported there's a possibility of there being a 70 million dollar reduction in the salary cap over the next year or two, then any deal that involves making Jamal the highest paid safety of all time 3 years before he becomes a free agent is a bad deal for the team.

When there's historical uncertainty why the freak would you absolutely cripple any degree of financial flexibility making a guy the highest paid player of all time at his position?

We literally might not be able to go out and make sure we have an offensive line next season because of cap restraints, yet Jamal wants to be freaking Scrooge McDuck

Who gives a freak about his position? The resources should be allocated based upon the player's importance to the team, I don't care if they're listed as a safety or a full back or a water boy. Jamal Adams was the best and most important player on the defensive side of the ball (Mosley might become that but until he demonstrates an ability to stay on the field he's ineligible for consideration).
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #864 on: July 27, 2020, 08:05:28 AM »
Who gives a freak about his position? The resources should be allocated based upon the player's importance to the team, I don't care if they're listed as a safety or a full back or a water boy. Jamal Adams was the best and most important player on the defensive side of the ball (Mosley might become that but until he demonstrates an ability to stay on the field he's ineligible for consideration).

Your overvaluing of the SS position is noted.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #865 on: July 27, 2020, 08:19:44 AM »
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1287707819085631489?s=19

It's almost like there was something more than just money at play. Can't think what it might be.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #866 on: July 27, 2020, 08:21:12 AM »
It's almost like there was something more than just money at play. Can't think what it might be.
Adams being a selfish, entitled queynte?

Don’t know how they missed that either.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #867 on: July 27, 2020, 08:35:26 AM »
it's a moot point now anyway.
Exactly.  Jamal's agreed to play this year under the terms of his current contract so the negotiating an extension fun begins in 2021. 

Question: what if there's no season, do the current contracts carry over to the next year, i.e. would Seattle theoretically have control over Adams through 2022 (plus a tag year)?

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #868 on: July 27, 2020, 08:41:54 AM »

I get your point but that doesn't hold true in a salary cap league.  Hood players at premium positions cost more than hood players at other positions.  If you pay too much at safety you dont have that money for qb, lt, cb

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #869 on: July 27, 2020, 08:43:48 AM »
Hood players at premium positions cost more than hood players at other positions. 

Racist
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: