Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87516 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #840 on: July 26, 2020, 10:01:53 PM »
85 Kylin Hill - RB - Mississippi State

69 Tamorrion Terry - WR - Florida State -

37 Rashod Bateman - WR - Minnesota

21 Shaun Wade -  CB - Ohio State

5 Gregory Rousseau - EDGE - Miami

A haul
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #841 on: July 26, 2020, 10:06:07 PM »
the first sentence of your post is 'it's not about "finding the money"' and then you proceed to type an entire post talking about where the jets would be able to find the money to pay jamal and pay everybody else

This is the greatest period of cap uncertainty in the history of the league, because of a global pandemic where we are still uncertain if there will even be a season.

I'm arguing about flexibility. I didn't argue we could pay all the other guys or couldn't, because none of us know what the future is going to hold.

It's floated that the cap could decrease by 70 million next year. If that's the case and we had to move all of Jamals money back, he could be looking at a 30 million dollar cap hit years down the road when Sam would be nearing his peak and or new contract.

This is a team sport and Jamals precious little ego is not worth more than the flexibility of JD to maintain a successful team

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #842 on: July 26, 2020, 10:25:33 PM »
This is a team sport and Jamals precious little ego is not worth more than the flexibility of JD to maintain a successful team

The only way in which to maintain a successful team is to actually build one in the first place, and losing your most talented and important players seems like a not good way to do that. But hey, we've been trying it all these years, maybe this is the time it finally works out, right?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #843 on: July 26, 2020, 10:29:10 PM »
The only way in which to maintain a successful team is to actually build one in the first place, and losing your most talented and important players seems like a not good way to do that. But hey, we've been trying it all these years, maybe this is the time it finally works out, right?

So we make Jamal the highest paid safety of all time, there's a monstrous reduction to the cap over the next 2 seasons.

How do you fill the holes all over the roster without pushing back astronomical cap charges for Jamal to the future?

Are we building this team around Jamal Adams or Sam Darnold?

But hey we've drafted young promising QB's before and let the talent on the offense deteriorate around them. Maybe this is the time it works out right?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 10:30:47 PM by dcm1602 »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #844 on: July 26, 2020, 11:09:25 PM »
Why are you assuming we’re giving Jamal the worst deal possible for the team?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #845 on: July 26, 2020, 11:13:31 PM »

If as reported there's a possibility of there being a 70 million dollar reduction in the salary cap over the next year or two, then any deal that involves making Jamal the highest paid safety of all time 3 years before he becomes a free agent is a bad deal for the team.

When there's historical uncertainty why the freak would you absolutely cripple any degree of financial flexibility making a guy the highest paid player of all time at his position?

We literally might not be able to go out and make sure we have an offensive line next season because of cap restraints, yet Jamal wants to be freaking Scrooge McDuck
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:15:35 PM by dcm1602 »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #846 on: July 26, 2020, 11:17:07 PM »
If as reported there's a possibility of there being a 70 million dollar reduction in the salary cap over the next year or two, then any deal that involves making Jamal the highest paid safety of all time 3 years before he becomes a free agent is a bad deal for the team.

When there's historical uncertainty why the freak would you absolutely cripple any degree of financial flexibility making a guy the highest paid player of all time at his position?

We literally might not be able to go out and make sure we have an offensive line next season because of cap restraints, yet Jamal wants to be freaking Scrooge McDuck

Why are you assuming the team wouldn’t take this into account during contract negotiations?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #847 on: July 26, 2020, 11:18:21 PM »

I think it's fair to assume he was going to ask for as much possible, especially because we weren't winning.

There's nothing about him that tells me he'd take a team friendly deal.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #848 on: July 26, 2020, 11:22:47 PM »
I think it's fair to assume he was going to ask for as much possible, especially because we weren't winning.

There's nothing about him that tells me he'd take a team friendly deal.

I mean the dude was willing to forgo an extension if we traded him.

That tells you all you need to know about his priorities

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #849 on: July 26, 2020, 11:34:30 PM »
I mean the dude was willing to forgo an extension if we traded him.

That tells you all you need to know about his priorities

Not really since we never negotiated with him. It tells me what would have happened once the situation became untenable to both sides. An earlier negotiation might have yielded different terms.

I also think it’s unrealistic to assume that Douglas would have shown up offering anything but settled for “my derriere is hanging out and I’m completely restrained, do whatever you want!” as a tactic.

We’ve seen multiple players deemed “the highest paid [position] over the years and watched them never collect the full value of the contract. We’ve also known multiple players agree to a yearly split they know they will never actually achieve, but pick because it makes them they highest paid [position] for that season.

It was a bad look that he trash talked both his coach and his GM to the media, I’m not denying that. But to assume he would have only agreed to a prohibitive contract despite us never actually offering him a contract to begin with is just asinine.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #850 on: July 27, 2020, 12:03:39 AM »
Not really since we never negotiated with him. It tells me what would have happened once the situation became untenable to both sides. An earlier negotiation might have yielded different terms.

I also think it’s unrealistic to assume that Douglas would have shown up offering anything but settled for “my derriere is hanging out and I’m completely restrained, do whatever you want!” as a tactic.

We’ve seen multiple players deemed “the highest paid [position] over the years and watched them never collect the full value of the contract. We’ve also known multiple players agree to a yearly split they know they will never actually achieve, but pick because it makes them they highest paid [position] for that season.

It was a bad look that he trash talked both his coach and his GM to the media, I’m not denying that. But to assume he would have only agreed to a prohibitive contract despite us never actually offering him a contract to begin with is just asinine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-jamal-adams-could-want-more-than-20m-per-year-on-future-extension-per-report/amp/

According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, at least one team that's looked into Adams, presumably as a potential trade acquisition, believes the All-Pro eventually wants to be paid more than $20 million per season -- or the equivalent of the top defensive players in the NFL.

If a team just interested in trading for him found that out, what do you think Joe Douglas could have found out?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:05:44 AM by dcm1602 »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #851 on: July 27, 2020, 03:12:07 AM »
85 Kylin Hill - RB - Mississippi State

69 Tamorrion Terry - WR - Florida State -

37 Rashod Bateman - WR - Minnesota

21 Shaun Wade -  CB - Ohio State

5 Gregory Rousseau - EDGE - Miami

A haul
Part of me wants to trade a pick for a veteran just to shut people up. Maybe we trade that 3rd-round pick for A.J. Green as an example, though that would be risky.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #852 on: July 27, 2020, 05:31:57 AM »
Nice speculation. Still haven't seen someone negotiate with him.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #853 on: July 27, 2020, 06:11:18 AM »
I think Doug didn't think having the highest paid safety in the league was a good idea for a rebuilding team.  He didn't value putting that much money towards that position.  You can certainly argue that he could have gone about the process better, assuming what you hear from Jamal's camp is true. 

I'll miss Jamal on the field, but he can freak off with all the twitter/instagram excrement and posting "luv" every 5 minutes.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Tags: