Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 89037 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #810 on: July 26, 2020, 03:33:08 PM »
I get that you're upset but there's no way you can turn down this offer.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #811 on: July 26, 2020, 03:47:43 PM »
I get that you're upset but there's no way you can turn down this offer.

My point is, and has been, and will continue to be, that there should never have been an offer in the first place, because we should never have been living through this idiocy that Gase caused and Douglas allowed to escalate.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #812 on: July 26, 2020, 03:52:40 PM »
My point is, and has been, and will continue to be, that there should never have been an offer in the first place, because we should never have been living through this idiocy that Gase caused and Douglas allowed to escalate.

Why are you still blaming Gase for this?

Also, why are you okay with paying a safety $17M a year?
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #813 on: July 26, 2020, 03:53:23 PM »
Sheer lunacy
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #814 on: July 26, 2020, 03:58:28 PM »
2 things I'd love to know, but never will:

A) Did Doug actually have another discussion with Adams (as he said he would) and tell him honestly that a deal couldn't happen this year, leading to Adams throwing a excrement fit. Or did he just avoid the situation altogether, which I would blame Doug for regardless of his intentions.

B) Did Doug (privately) think the entire time that it is bad business to pay a safety, no matter how good as he is, top of the market on a rebuilding team with holes everywhere.  Think putting new rims on a rusted out 1982 Datsun.

If B is true, it's a masterful job by big Doug, however if A is true, he should have at least said they couldn't do a deal and told him to his face, assuming Adams is telling the truth about hearing nothing.

Either way, I'm fine.  We got a haul, got rid of a player who didn't want to be here. And it was a replaceable position.

I'll end with this.  Winning fixes everything.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 04:00:04 PM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #815 on: July 26, 2020, 04:41:42 PM »

Also, why are you okay with paying a safety $17M a year?

It's going to be extremely interesting when next year comes around and Seattle has to give him a new contract.

After giving up what they did, they basically have to extend him.

I'm most interested in one or those extreme salary cap reduction scenarios. It'll make extending him a nightmare and our draft picks more valuable

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #816 on: July 26, 2020, 04:52:01 PM »
A lot of people overlooked the "we need more dogs" tantrum, but that was our first real look into Jamal Adams' me first mindset.

He was always pointing fingers at his teammates, but never at himself. 

He was a part of those teams that failed to make the playoffs, but it was never his fault.

The dude is soft. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #817 on: July 26, 2020, 04:52:07 PM »
Let's not forget this very plausible theory from December

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/07/boomer-esiason-jerry-jones-tampering-jamal-adams-jets/

“I don’t trust Jerry Jones,” Esiason said. “He recruits players that are under contract with other teams by leaking potential trades to the media. That’s just plain wrong. He did it with Earl Thomas when he was with the Seattle Seahawks and I believe he did it with Jamal Adams and the Jets. It put the Seahawks and the Jets in a bad spot. Then the players react because they’re emotional and they don’t get it. Suddenly social media is all over them.”

Esiason accused Jones of leaking reports that the Jets were shopping Adams to the media. The Jets have said that they were merely listening to offers, which reportedly included ones from the Cowboys. With that information in circulation, Adams became upset and took to social media to show his displeasure. The Jets were forced to do damage control and have now since amended a strained relationship.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #818 on: July 26, 2020, 04:55:59 PM »
This team needs an edge rusher, a #1 corner, and a #1 receiver much more than it needs an elite safety making $17 million a year. Now we might actually have the resources to fill those needs.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #819 on: July 26, 2020, 05:12:22 PM »
the only trade that really hurt the Jets/and pissed me off....over the last decade, was the Cotchery trade.

-Revis wasn't going to sign here
-the haul we got for Adams outweighs his position and what he brings to the table here.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #820 on: July 26, 2020, 05:28:52 PM »
We never actually negotiated with him so there's no real telling what the final number would have been, or how it would have paid out re: guarantees, bonuses, incentives, and actual yearly split.

The fact that this resulted out of a refusal to come to the table rather than a failed attempt to negotiate - after they told him in the beginning of the year that they would rework his contract, mind you - is what really led me to lose faith in the ownership and in somewhat in Joe Douglas.

We'll see what he gets from Seattle in a year or two.

the only trade that really hurt the Jets/and pissed me off....over the last decade, was the Cotchery trade.

-Revis wasn't going to sign here
-the haul we got for Adams outweighs his position and what he brings to the table here.

The picks don't mean anything unless they turn into good players and I'm done giving new GMs the benefit of the doubt right off the bat. If we actually get to see the rookies this season and they perform I'll be a lot more optimistic about the draft picks we got from Seattle.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 05:31:19 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #821 on: July 26, 2020, 05:32:33 PM »

Why are you still asking this question when it has been answered multiple times?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #822 on: July 26, 2020, 07:04:48 PM »
A lot of people overlooked the "we need more dogs" tantrum, but that was our first real look into Jamal Adams' me first mindset.

He was always pointing fingers at his teammates, but never at himself. 

He was a part of those teams that failed to make the playoffs, but it was never his fault.

The dude is soft. 

I agreed with Jamal’s comments. A lot of times it looked like he was the only player on the field that gave a excrement.

He still shoulda kept his mouth shut.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #823 on: July 26, 2020, 07:20:53 PM »
I agreed with Jamal’s comments. A lot of times it looked like he was the only player on the field that gave a excrement.

He still shoulda kept his mouth shut.

I think we'd be stupid not to agree that our defense and overall team as a whole lacked talent after 2018, and still does...

What he didn't understand is that you can't turn around a bad team overnight and he alienated a bunch of his teammmates with that comment.  He grew up in a home where he didn't have to struggle at all whatsoever, he played at a powerhouse private high school, and then SEC power LSU.  He couldn't handle losing because he never experienced it, in life or on the football field. 

Yelling and playing hard isn't leadership.  He's an awesome player and one of the best we've ever had on defense, but he was a part of those losing teams.  He was a part of those defenses that got Todd Bowles fired.  Sounds to me like Darron Lee and Jamal Adams are just immature and didn't bring much to the locker room in terms of leadership.  Not that we expected that from Lee, but it was certainly expected from Adams.

Le'Veon Bell calling him a liar is pretty damning. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 07:23:26 PM by Heismanberg »

casman02

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #824 on: July 26, 2020, 07:30:06 PM »
walterfootball gave the Jets a D for the trade. That should tell you all you need to know.

Tags: