Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87579 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #765 on: July 25, 2020, 08:41:06 PM »
Lmao that’s not what happened.

You skipped a giant plot line in the story.

Aside from Yannick Ngakoue arguing with Shad Khan on Twitter, whens the last time we've seen a player on a rookie deal publicly whine and bitch as much as Adams has in the last year? 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #766 on: July 25, 2020, 08:41:17 PM »
Me-first

Le'Veon Bell's latest tweets seem to paint that picture too, behind the scenes.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #767 on: July 25, 2020, 08:43:40 PM »
True, but based on the current reality, this was a great trade.  Duff would have flipped him for a 4th rounder and a punter.

It was a good trade. Maybe we’re better off. It was still an absolute dumpster fire of a timeline to go from the 2019 trade deadline to today.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #768 on: July 25, 2020, 08:44:42 PM »
Aside from Yannick Ngakoue arguing with Shad Khan on Twitter, whens the last time we've seen a player on a rookie deal publicly whine and bitch as much as Adams has in the last year? 

Odell Beckham, Jalen Ramsey

Also bitches

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #769 on: July 25, 2020, 08:48:48 PM »
Le'Veon Bell's latest tweets seem to paint that picture too, behind the scenes.

He still gets a pass from me for trying to get the Jets to sign Kliff Kingsbury (huge douche) over Adam Gase (talentless and incompetent coach)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #770 on: July 25, 2020, 08:52:51 PM »
I would have started bitching on social media to get out of NY the minute the Jets were foolish enough to announce Gase as HC 🤷

NFL careers are short and I would have no desire playing my prime years for a coach you know is terrible and a team that has shown zero ability to improve

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #771 on: July 25, 2020, 08:53:34 PM »
Great return for a great player who purposely wore out his welcome.

Awful that it ever got to this point. This organization is poorly run apart from (possibly) Douglas.

Gase has to go. Then we can start talking about "rebuilding."
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #772 on: July 25, 2020, 08:55:02 PM »
I would have started bitching on social media to get out of NY the minute the Jets were foolish enough to announce Gase as HC 🤷

NFL careers are short and I would have no desire playing my prime years for a coach you know is terrible and a team that has shown zero ability to improve

Remember how Adams, who posts on Twitter practically every day, went silent for days after Gase's hire?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #773 on: July 25, 2020, 08:56:49 PM »
We actually got more than Oakland got for Khalil Mack. 

Chicago gave up two firsts, a third, and a sixth for Mack, a future second, and a future fifth. 

Seattle gave up two firsts, a third, and Bradley McDougald for Adams and a future fourth. 

When you factor in how early/late in the first the draft picks will be, it's very likely Oakland got more than us by quite a bit

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #774 on: July 25, 2020, 09:46:59 PM »
When you factor in how early/late in the first the draft picks will be, it's very likely Oakland got more than us by quite a bit

Well, those first rounders weren’t that high, they were 24 and 19 of their respective drafts. We might get the same or a bit worse, but not too much.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #775 on: July 25, 2020, 10:15:05 PM »
i don't even have the time to take all of this in right now. i think it's a good deal, but good deal or not i will always vehemently disagree with excrement like this

it reeks something awful when you foster an environment where your best/most talented players, players that you've helped develop and are home grown no less, do not wish to stay with the team for the long term. it doesn't matter who is part of the regime or in charge, this continually happens to us, this isn't the first time, it happens with every regime. it happens every 2-4 years. it starts from the top

it's a good deal, but i don't care about the picks. i don't care who the picks will be or what they will become. jamal adams was one of those 'picks' in 2017. he turned into something great. jamal was 'a character guy at every level', 'a winner', etc blah blah blah who turned sour because of the culture and environment present around this franchise. i don't care about the picks. the end product of these picks 5 years from now will likelier be a trade away from us than it will be a super bowl. a competent organization doesn't let excrement get this bad once; it keeps happening to us and it's going to keep happening.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #776 on: July 25, 2020, 10:17:56 PM »
Well, those first rounders weren’t that high, they were 24 and 19 of their respective drafts. We might get the same or a bit worse, but not too much.

True but barring extremely bad luck id imagine we end up with like 26 and 30 or something like that

Of course this coming year is a ultimate crapshoot

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #777 on: July 25, 2020, 10:46:24 PM »
It reeks something awful when you foster an environment where your best/most talented players, players that you've helped develop and are home grown no less, do not wish to stay with the team for the long term. it doesn't matter who is part of the regime or in charge, this continually happens to us, this isn't the first time, it happens with every regime. it happens every 2-4 years. it starts from the top

This is one if the points that has stuck with me through my years of rooting for the team. I remember Kareem McKenzie saying this explicitly after he signed with the Giants. The one common thread I can find is the Johnson family. Woody and Christopher Johnson are far too meddling as owners and are just generally some shady motherfuckers. I really want them out as owners.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #778 on: July 25, 2020, 11:44:04 PM »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau

Tags: