Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87578 times)

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #750 on: July 25, 2020, 08:20:51 PM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #751 on: July 25, 2020, 08:22:36 PM »
The 2021 NFL Draft (even if there isn't a college football season) is loaded at premium positions that we have a need for.

OT, WR, CB, EDGE

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 08:24:18 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #752 on: July 25, 2020, 08:24:06 PM »
People screaming that Adams was a malcontent fail to realize that he was a model citizen until the trade deadline least year and a perfect football player that our inept franchise ruined. One of the few players worth keeping around within the last 10 years, and we couldn’t figure out how to make it work.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #753 on: July 25, 2020, 08:24:59 PM »
While I am disheartened that we had to trade away arguably our best pick in the past decade, the compensation was too good to pass up. I think Joe D did well here.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #754 on: July 25, 2020, 08:26:49 PM »
People screaming that Adams was a malcontent fail to realize that he was a perfect football player that our inept franchise ruined. One of the few players worth keeping around within the last 10 years, and we couldn’t figure out how to make it work.

Not sure how anyone can justify paying Jamal Adams north of $17M a season (before his rookie deal is up) when we have so many other holes on this roster.

He acted like an entitled punk the moment he didn't get his way.  He isn't the only one at fault here, but like I said right after the trade went down, as soon as that Manish interview posted, it was all over.

Adams did that on his own. 

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #755 on: July 25, 2020, 08:27:37 PM »
People screaming that Adams was a malcontent fail to realize that he was a model citizen until the trade deadline least year and a perfect football player that our inept franchise ruined. One of the few players worth keeping around within the last 10 years, and we couldn’t figure out how to make it work.

This is what the Jets do. Hoping beyond hope we don't ruin Darnold too...but always prepared for the worst with this franchise

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #756 on: July 25, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »
True, but based on the current reality, this was a great trade.  Duff would have flipped him for a 4th rounder and a punter.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #757 on: July 25, 2020, 08:29:19 PM »
People screaming that Adams was a malcontent fail to realize that he was a model citizen until the trade deadline least year

If he was a model citizen until the slightest of perceived insults and then became a vocal malcontent, he was never a model citizen.   

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #758 on: July 25, 2020, 08:29:28 PM »
Adam Gase would've traded him for much less too. 

Joe Douglas did extremely well here.  This wasn't the first time Jamal Adams threw him under the bus either.  He tried to after the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline.  That was the start of all of this. 

Entitled whiner with a loser's mentality.  It was time to move on.  He turned into a cancerous player, unfortunately. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #759 on: July 25, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »
Me-first

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #760 on: July 25, 2020, 08:31:18 PM »
Not sure how anyone can justify paying Jamal Adams north of $17M a season (before his rookie deal is up) when we have so many other holes on this roster.

He acted like an entitled punk the moment he didn't get his way.  He isn't the only one at fault here, but like I said right after the trade went down, as soon as that Manish interview posted, it was all over.

Adams did that on his own. 

He started acting like a punk after he met with team leadership and they told him that he was part of their long term plans, and then a week later he heard from someone outside of the organization that he was being considered in a trade. The Jets didn’t have any loyalty to Jamal and at that point I can’t say I blame him for losing his patience with and loyalty to a poorly run organization that he had given his all for.

After the contract extension excrement, I don’t blame him for forcing his hand. Joe Douglas is an absolute clown for uttering the words “Jet for life” and then going about negotiations the way he did.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #761 on: July 25, 2020, 08:34:44 PM »
He's not opting out.  That team is built to make a run.
Can we get someone to convince him God wants him to sit out this year?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #762 on: July 25, 2020, 08:37:22 PM »
Can we get someone to convince him God wants him to sit out this year?

We might be able to get Future to kneecap him

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #763 on: July 25, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »
Joe Douglas is an absolute clown for uttering the words “Jet for life” and then going about negotiations the way he did.

"The plan is for Jamal to be a Jet for Life"

Jamal then proceeds to excrement on JD, his head coach, and the multi-billionaire that owns the franchise that he wants a record-setting contract from. 

Maybe the plan was to extend Jamal Adams eventually...he just didn't handle things the right way and it never got to that point.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 08:40:54 PM by Heismanberg »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #764 on: July 25, 2020, 08:40:23 PM »
"The plan is for Jamal to be a Jet for Life"

Jamal then proceeds to excrement on JD, his head coach, and the multi-billionaire that owns the franchise that he wants a record-setting contract from. 

Maybe the plan was to extend Jamal Adams eventually...he just didn't handle things the right way and it never got to that point.

Lmao that’s not what happened.

You skipped ahead like 4 months in the story.

Tags: