Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 89429 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #721 on: July 25, 2020, 04:38:47 PM »
Manish Mehta
Jets have traded away five consecutive first-round picks from 2013-2017. Jamal Adams becomes the latest. None of those players got a second contract from NYJ.

July 25, 2020 5:12pm EDT

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #722 on: July 25, 2020, 04:44:25 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #723 on: July 25, 2020, 04:51:26 PM »
The original reason Adams was upset at the tram was because he wanted to remain on the team for the rest of his career and the listened to trafe offers right after telling him they wanted him here forever.

When they didn't follow up on a co tract extension he got mad and posted about it on the internet. I didn't like seeing it but the amount of vitriol that followed it from the fan base was in no way in proportion.

The argument that he was being selfish by asking for an extension while under a rookie deal seems null when multiple players received extensions from the same draft class this off-season at different positions.

The ultimate point I cannot get passed is the anger expressed toward him because he wanted to get paid what he thought was his value and stay on this team his whole career.

We don't know for sure what he was asking for but we know that Adams said the team never even tried to negotiate with him and the front office has done little to refute this, only making public statements that seemed to kick the can further down the road.

This smacks of ownership meddling, something that has wasted this team's few opportunities at success since Woody Johnson purchased this team. I have no reason to think Joe Douglas was on board with the ownership plan but I have no reason to be unequivocally loyal to a guy who has been here for only one season after the cycle of hope to despair to anger back to hope we've had since Bradway was first demoted and then allowed to stay with the team for another decade. The last time we traded off a stellar secondary player we ultimately got nothing back for him in return. I don't see a reason to think that this won't happen again.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #724 on: July 25, 2020, 05:01:42 PM »
The original reason Adams was upset at the tram was because he wanted to remain on the team for the rest of his career and the listened to trafe offers right after telling him they wanted him here forever.

When they didn't follow up on a co tract extension he got mad and posted about it on the internet. I didn't like seeing it but the amount of vitriol that followed it from the fan base was in no way in proportion.

The argument that he was being selfish by asking for an extension while under a rookie deal seems null when multiple players received extensions from the same draft class this off-season at different positions.

The ultimate point I cannot get passed is the anger expressed toward him because he wanted to get paid what he thought was his value and stay on this team his whole career.

We don't know for sure what he was asking for but we know that Adams said the team never even tried to negotiate with him and the front office has done little to refute this, only making public statements that seemed to kick the can further down the road.

This smacks of ownership meddling, something that has wasted this team's few opportunities at success since Woody Johnson purchased this team. I have no reason to think Joe Douglas was on board with the ownership plan but I have no reason to be unequivocally loyal to a guy who has been here for only one season after the cycle of hope to despair to anger back to hope we've had since Bradway was first demoted and then allowed to stay with the team for another decade. The last time we traded off a stellar secondary player we ultimately got nothing back for him in return. I don't see a reason to think that this won't happen again.

Except you know, he didn't want or need an extension to get traded. Nor will Seattle be giving him one this season

Jamal wanted a record setting contract as a strong safety, while under team control for 3 years, while there's talks about the salary cap getting slashed 70 million next year

Jamals a prissy bitch

Also you can't get the anger? Jets fans went through this exact freaking scenario pretty recently. It's the Revis situation all over. Best player on team, becomes delusional thinking they shouldn't be paid what their position is worth but views themself as a player that transcends the game. Starts acting like a premadonna and forces the team to trade them.

It's the Revis excrement all over again, fans can and should be angry towards Jamal.  There's literally zero freaking reason Joe Douglas should have extended him, unless he wanted to bend over and take a team friendly deal. Instead he viewed himself as Tom Brady, Aaron Donald, and Khalil Mack
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 05:04:58 PM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #725 on: July 25, 2020, 05:07:34 PM »
Sucks it went this way, but good haul.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #726 on: July 25, 2020, 05:07:49 PM »

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #727 on: July 25, 2020, 05:08:32 PM »
Good fuckin riddance. The compensation is also out of this world. JE's comments about this being Douglas' first real test as a GM, I'd say he has passed with flying colors given the hand and dance partner he has had to deal with. The only negative part is that this happened after the draft, but again, it's not like it was in Douglas' hands.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #728 on: July 25, 2020, 05:16:05 PM »
When they didn't follow up on a contract extension he got mad and posted about it on the internet. I didn't like seeing it but the amount of vitriol that followed it from the fan base was in no way in proportion.

The ultimate point I cannot get past is the anger expressed toward him because he wanted to get paid what he thought was his value and stay on this team his whole career.

I hated this, when the situation still seemed salvageable in the fall, a vocal portion of the fan base just started going REEEEE freak YOU to Adams which probably didn't help. In general I don't like to pin things on people who don't have any control over the situation, but deluging a 24 year old's social media with so much hate was just incredibly stupid.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #729 on: July 25, 2020, 05:18:02 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #730 on: July 25, 2020, 05:22:39 PM »
We got a huge hall with the trade. There is no denying that. I'm honestly over the whole Adams part of it. I don't trust this team to get any better with Woody Johnson & trust owning and running it. I have no faith in this team.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #731 on: July 25, 2020, 05:25:06 PM »
I hated this, when the situation still seemed salvageable in the fall, a vocal portion of the fan base just started going REEEEE freak YOU to Adams which probably didn't help. In general I don't like to pin things on people who don't have any control over the situation, but deluging a 24 year old's social media with so much hate was just incredibly stupid.

Exactly. I really don't get why the fans at any point decided to turn on him when he ultimately wanted to stay here for his career.

Great goodbye tweet from him. Better than a lot of Jets fans deserve.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #732 on: July 25, 2020, 05:36:28 PM »
I’ve already moved on.  Let’s use those picks and build around Sam.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #733 on: July 25, 2020, 05:38:16 PM »
Not to get too hopeful

But Russell Wilson just had a new born child this week and has been extremely critical of the NFLs response to covid. If he opts out or something, this could turn into a helluva trade

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #734 on: July 25, 2020, 05:43:43 PM »
I really don't get why the fans at any point decided to turn on him when he ultimately wanted to stay here for his career.

He was annoying on social media for most of this offseason, but I didn't want to see him traded until the Manish Mehta interview. 

That was completely unprofessional and leaders should not go out of their way to smear their franchise. 

It couldn't be fixed after he took shots at both Gase and Douglas.  People overlooked the first tantrum he threw when someone leaked the Jets shopping him at last years deadline.  He whined about Douglas then too. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: