Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87560 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #690 on: July 25, 2020, 03:36:55 PM »
JE may kill himself over a strong safety. Amazing.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #691 on: July 25, 2020, 03:39:10 PM »
Another jersey moving to the back of my closet

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #692 on: July 25, 2020, 03:39:30 PM »
The trade sucks, this entire organization sucks and needs to be burned to the ground. They did everything wrong here an I am kind of sick of them. I would have rather kept a homegrown superstar player than trade him for 2 back end 1st round picks that the team is going to freak up anyway. From what I have gathered the Jets did most everything wrong here, not that JA was in the right to not spout off. He brought a swagger to the team.

To be clear:
He should look for a new contract, players don't last long and have every right to look for due compensation, so I am ok with that. I am not ok with how either side handled matters, they were both wrong but the Jets handled this about as bad as I ever saw. Good for them, maybe this is the bottom. I would say it can't get worse but with the absolute worst coach in the NFL, it probably will go further south.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #693 on: July 25, 2020, 03:40:18 PM »
The trade sucks, this entire organization sucks and needs to be burned to the ground. They did everything wrong here an I am kind of sick of them. I would have rather kept a homegrown superstar player than trade him for 2 back end 1st round picks that the team is going to freak up anyway. From what I have gathered the Jets did most everything wrong here, not that JA was in the right to not spout off. He brought a swagger to the team.

To be clear:
He should look for a new contract, players don't last long and have every right to look for due compensation, so I am ok with that. I am not ok with how either side handled matters, they were both wrong but the Jets handled this about as bad as I ever saw. Good for them, maybe this is the bottom. I would say it can't get worse but with the absolute worst coach in the NFL, it probably will go further south.
Considering the return we got, this absolutely could have gone worse

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #694 on: July 25, 2020, 03:41:25 PM »
We got two 1st-round picks, a replacement starter, and an upgraded other pick for a guy who didn't want to be here anymore.

The Jets weren't good enough to win a title this year barring everything going right. This sets us up great for the future if we can draft well.

The best way to build around a young QB is to win in his rookie contract. We aren't quite ready for that. The next-best way is to have a lot of young cost-controlled talent around him. If we draft well, we can get that. It gives us a ton of flexibility going forward, too.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #695 on: July 25, 2020, 03:43:41 PM »
It does suck and our team is considerably worse than it was yesterday. We still have a horrible owner and a horrible coach. That’s absolutely true and it’s very depressing. Now, Douglas could be a good one. Yeah, he probably fucked up the Adams situation, and I hope he learns from the experience, but he got a great haul from a very malcontent strong safety and kept with the idea of building a strong culture.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #696 on: July 25, 2020, 03:43:58 PM »
Considering the return we got, this absolutely could have gone worse
Seriously. When we shopped Jamal Adams at the trade deadline last year, this was the type of return that I would have been satisfied with. I still didn't want to do it then, but times have changed.

Since then, Adams has done everything he could to torpedo his trade value and try to take leverage away from the Jets. Instead, we got just as good a deal as I was willing to settle for 9 months ago before Jamal asked out and torched the organization and before a pandemic that could mess up the salary cap.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #697 on: July 25, 2020, 03:44:21 PM »
Texted my dad about the deal. "Great deal. freak him."

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #698 on: July 25, 2020, 03:45:14 PM »
It does suck and our team is considerably worse than it was yesterday. We still have a horrible owner and a horrible coach. That’s absolutely true and it’s very depressing. Now, Douglas could be a good one. Yeah, he probably fucked up the Adams situation, and I hope he learns from the experience, but he got a great haul from a very malcontent strong safety and kept with the idea of building a strong culture.
Bingo
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #699 on: July 25, 2020, 03:47:30 PM »
Seriously. When we shopped Jamal Adams at the trade deadline last year, this was the type of return that I would have been satisfied with. I still didn't want to do it then, but times have changed.

Since then, Adams has done everything he could to torpedo his trade value and try to take leverage away from the Jets. Instead, we got just as good a deal as I was willing to settle for 9 months ago before Jamal asked out and torched the organization and before a pandemic that could mess up the salary cap.
Every twitter putz was saying the starting bids should’ve been a 1st rounder and a 3rd pick....

Been saying since day 1 that 2 first rounders was the floor. Joe Douglas did well here...lets continue to build that offense in the draft.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #700 on: July 25, 2020, 03:49:06 PM »
Time to hope Russell Wilson gets a ruptured Achilles

And Jamal gets covid and aids

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #701 on: July 25, 2020, 03:49:22 PM »
Seattle is on our schedule this season too

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #702 on: July 25, 2020, 03:50:45 PM »
This relationship was unrepairable it is stupid to think otherwise.  No amount of money was going to fix this. 
Given the situation I couldn't be happier with the return.

Hate to see him go, but love to watch him leave...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #703 on: July 25, 2020, 03:50:55 PM »
Another jersey moving to the back of my closet
It would be a prime burning candidate if there were games this year.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #704 on: July 25, 2020, 03:51:25 PM »
On the flip side the 1st rounder from Seattle this year is truly going to be a lottery ticket with how fucked up football will be at both the nfl and college level

Tags: