Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87440 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #660 on: July 24, 2020, 01:55:48 PM »
great...now i'm annoyed AND erect.

A good anger jerk never hurt anyone.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #661 on: July 24, 2020, 01:57:29 PM »
He's been saying this for weeks now.  He's taking it to the next level. 

I'm not saying it's true or not true...I'm not in the room.  I'm just saying I believe Adams is at the point where he'll join the klu klux klan if it meant a trade out of new york.
I agree.

He has come out and asked for a trade through the media. That hasnt worked. So now he is trying other things, through tweets on social media and now by throwing Gase under the bus. If that doesnt work, he will probably go after Douglas or the ownership.

Really disappointed Adams did this, but if he is going to be a malcontent, we might have to get rid of him, which would be a real shame.

It does put even more pressure on Gase. Between his mediocre track record, fan sentiment, and now this, he probably has an unofficial playoff mandate at this point.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #662 on: July 24, 2020, 02:01:39 PM »
I agree.

He has come out and asked for a trade through the media. That hasnt worked. So now he is trying other things, through tweets on social media and now by throwing Gase under the bus. If that doesnt work, he will probably go after Douglas or the ownership.

Really disappointed Adams did this, but if he is going to be a malcontent, we might have to get rid of him, which would be a real shame.

It does put even more pressure on Gase. Between his mediocre track record, fan sentiment, and now this, he probably has an unofficial playoff mandate at this point.

i posted this gif a few pages back...it's the perfect illustration of where Adams is at in this situation

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #663 on: July 24, 2020, 02:55:59 PM »
When are we going to accept that multiple things can be true?

Adams has handled this about as poorly as one could. He's almost certainly ruined his leadership status with the Jets locker room and needs to be traded at this point--both for his sake and ours.

Douglas should've handled this better. He's handled it very poorly. But the one thing I'll give him is that he's clearly hamstrung by the Johnsons.

Adam Gase is garbage. Both as a coach, and as a person. Let's stop with the giving him any benefit of the doubt at this point. Benefit of the doubt comes with either being completely new in a situation or having bought yourself clout in the past. Gase fits neither qualification.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #664 on: July 24, 2020, 02:56:19 PM »
The endgame here should be Adams is traded for as much value as we can get, Gase is fired before the season, promote Greg Williams to interim coach, and allow Douglas to choose his own guy come January.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #665 on: July 24, 2020, 02:59:08 PM »
I agree.

Doesn't that lead to a rather obvious conclusion? Taking the best player from a poor team and putting additional pressure on an already poor coach to achieve even more than he already looks like he's going to be able to do leads us to the inevitable point of next April, where we have a new head coach and the picks that we got in exchange for Jamal, which won't be enough to get us a player as good as Jamal.

Or, we could just pay Jamal and fire Gase now, and then we'll go into the 22 season with Jamal Adams and a head coach who has already had a year to get things moving in the right direction.

Keeping Gase based upon your probably pretty reasonable surmise is the classic gambler's fallacy.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #666 on: July 24, 2020, 03:18:39 PM »
i posted this gif a few pages back...it's the perfect illustration of where Adams is at in this situation

I call bullshit. George is dragging a championship trophy behind him.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #667 on: July 24, 2020, 03:32:39 PM »
Here's the biggest issue with our team:  the best player is a strong safety in an offensive-minded league

Our best player needs to be Sam Darnold or we're likely going to suck.  We need to get him all the help possible, and if trading Adams does that, so be it.

This team sucks because we can't block and we can't score points.

We've had solid defenses for as long as I can remember, and the team still usually sucks. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #668 on: July 24, 2020, 03:37:49 PM »
He's been saying this for weeks now.  He's taking it to the next level. 

I'm not saying it's true or not true...I'm not in the room.  I'm just saying I believe Adams is at the point where he'll join the klu klux klan if it meant a trade out of new york.

I said this a page or two ago...

Adams publically pissing on Gase and Woody Johnson are only going to influence those guys to want him out of the building. When the head coach and the owner come knocking on Douglas' door and say "get this guy the hell out of here" it's going to happen. Adams is absolutely making the play to get out of NY.

Whether he truly believes the things he is saying, no one can be sure, but he's definitely airing it publically to try and get the hell out of dodge. That much is definitely true.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #669 on: July 24, 2020, 03:45:25 PM »
I think Jamal needs to be benched for the season opener.

Douglas runs this team not freaking Jamal and someone needs to remind him or that. This isn't about Gase, this isn't about winning. This is about Jamal and his fragile little ego

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #670 on: July 24, 2020, 03:53:54 PM »

I stopped reading after this stinknugget.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #671 on: July 24, 2020, 07:55:38 PM »

Douglas runs this team not freaking Jamal and someone needs to remind him or that. This isn't about Gase, this isn't about winning. This is about Jamal and his fragile little ego

If we are going to keep him on the roster, then he needs to be on the field, that's the only benefit to Jamal Adams being a Jet right now.

I suspect that once TC begins, Jamal will be 'all football' / 'all business' and won't be bitching in the media. If that's true, by the time week 1 rolls around, it's not going to be at the forefront of the minds of people and he should be on the field.

Also Douglas doesn't 'run this team.' Like it or not, that's Gase's job. Douglas job is to build the team. Gase has to manage the players/egos and everything else and turn them into a cohesive unit. 
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #672 on: July 24, 2020, 08:05:36 PM »
CJ Mosley needs to break Jamal's jaw
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #673 on: July 24, 2020, 08:16:22 PM »
I stopped reading after this stinknugget.

Yet somehow you're still reading this thread currently on page 14

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #674 on: July 25, 2020, 08:18:38 AM »
CJ Mosley needs to break Jamal's jaw

He might re-injure his groin doing that.

Tags: