Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87571 times)

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #630 on: July 24, 2020, 09:20:58 AM »
I'd still rather see Adams paid and Gase fired fwiw

I agree with this message

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #631 on: July 24, 2020, 09:21:46 AM »
I'd rather trade Adams and move on from Gase at this point

I want no part of Jamal Adams on this team anymore. 

Welcome aboard...we've been expecting you

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #632 on: July 24, 2020, 09:43:44 AM »
I can tolerate one poopchute on the team if he has elite talent.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #633 on: July 24, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »
It is if your starting point is "how can I make sure that Gase and Douglas are held absolutely blameless in this mess they've made?" As has been discussed ad nauseam in this thread, if the team were well run and/or successful then Adams probably wouldn't have started asking for a new contract at this stage. His position is that if he's going to be stuck on this shambles of a franchise working for these clowns, then he wants big money to do so - hence the story about him being willing to play out his rookie deal for the right team.

So yes, if he got his big contract then he probably wouldn't be complaining about Gase, because he'd be getting paid to put up with him. Gase isn't an excuse for wanting out, he's one of the main reasons.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #634 on: July 24, 2020, 11:40:39 AM »

Well.... yeah. That's pretty much exactly my point.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #635 on: July 24, 2020, 12:04:59 PM »

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #636 on: July 24, 2020, 12:07:00 PM »
I can tolerate one poopchute on the team if he has elite talent.

If the coach is actually doing his job we wouldn't even hear about dirty laundry like this publicly. Tomlin was able to reign in Brown for years and we didn't see what a circus he really was till he went to Oakland.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #637 on: July 24, 2020, 12:13:10 PM »
Also, let's not ignore the fact that the Jets apparently have cashflow issues that are influencing contract decisions.

It's one thing to be so clueless about football that you're incapable of hiring good staff, but to be so excrement at running a business that you can't make money from owning an NFL team? Just freaking sell already.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #638 on: July 24, 2020, 12:16:36 PM »
Imagine defending Gase when he cucked Mike Maccagnan after working with him for 3-4 months. He saw that he was incompetent and did what he had to do to save his own derriere. This is the same thing.

Id really like if Adams didn’t have to go through the media to make his point, but his alternative is shutting up and playing football for the next 2 years for a losing team with a shithead of a coach with serious doubts of a long term future here. Joe Douglas exacerbated this via the trade deadline last year and then saying Jamal would be a “Jet for life”, that they were opening contract negotiations, and then ghosting him for months and re-neging on the contract negotiation.

A lot of us thought/think that Gase is a excrement person and a excrement coach. Jamal confirming it isn’t mindblowing unless you’re a Jets homer.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:18:47 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #639 on: July 24, 2020, 12:29:23 PM »
mAnIsH iS mAkInG iT uP

https://twitter.com/prez/status/1286661205868908546?s=21

You clearly hacked Adam's Twitter account and made that post to perpetuate your anti-Gase agenda

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #641 on: July 24, 2020, 12:44:51 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #642 on: July 24, 2020, 12:52:20 PM »
Who said that?

He’s lost his sources ever since Maccagnan left the building. He hasn’t really been right since.

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #643 on: July 24, 2020, 01:02:42 PM »
Also, let's not ignore the fact that the Jets apparently have cashflow issues that are influencing contract decisions.

It's one thing to be so clueless about football that you're incapable of hiring good staff, but to be so excrement at running a business that you can't make money from owning an NFL team? Just freaking sell already.

I'm pretty sure Chris Johnson just had enough with over paying for talent and getting back nothing in return for it. Look at the awful shitty contracts Maccagnan gave out in his short time here. Wilkerson, Trumaine Johnson, Bell, Mosley, Enunwa all got paid and we got nothing out of any of them. So I understand his limiting what the team is spending these days. Unfortunately Chris Johnson doesn't know much about making good decisions for a football team so it seems so him putting the kill on paying Jamal will probably cause a rift between Jamal and the organization which will never be repaired, especially when you consider Adams has the maturity of a preteen.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #644 on: July 24, 2020, 01:03:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure Chris Johnson just had enough with over paying for talent and getting back nothing in return for it. Look at the awful shitty contracts Maccagnan gave out in his short time here. Wilkerson, Trumaine Johnson, Bell, Mosley, Enunwa all got paid and we got nothing out of any of them. So I understand his limiting what the team is spending these days. Unfortunately Chris Johnson doesn't know much about making good decisions for a football team so it seems so him putting the kill on paying Jamal will probably cause a rift between Jamal and the organization which will never be repaired, especially when you consider Adams has the maturity of a preteen.

"Sorry Jamal, but Trumaine had your money".

Tags: