Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87435 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #600 on: July 24, 2020, 08:16:06 AM »
I did. I buy 50% of it. He says a lot of bullshit in general. He’s obviously immature and doesn’t know how to handle emotions. He’s not even got to his fourth year. I’m not discharging Douglas and Gase of blame, but Adams is the biggest problem in this situation.

This is how I feel.

He is making this a bigger problem than it needs to be. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #601 on: July 24, 2020, 08:16:33 AM »
No, it's not. 

Free Agency and the NFL Draft were his first tests. 

Given we don't yet know how well he did in those, this is the first one upon which we can judge him. He's getting an F.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #602 on: July 24, 2020, 08:17:03 AM »
I did. I buy 50% of it. He says a lot of bullshit in general. He’s obviously immature and doesn’t know how to handle emotions. He’s not even got to his fourth year. I’m not discharging Douglas and Gase of blame, but Adams is the biggest problem in this situation.

You also thought Manish was making it up, and you were wrong then as well.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #603 on: July 24, 2020, 08:18:41 AM »
Friendly Reminder:  the reporting structure in this franchise is retarded.  Gase being on the same level as Douglas with both reporting directly to the Johnsons isn't ideal...and i think this comes into play when laying blame.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #604 on: July 24, 2020, 08:19:37 AM »
You also thought Manish was making it up, and you were wrong then as well.
As well? As well of what?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #605 on: July 24, 2020, 08:22:45 AM »
Jamal Adams questioning someone's leadership after acting like a child all offseason is incredibly ironic.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #606 on: July 24, 2020, 08:23:18 AM »
As well? As well of what?

I buy 50% of it.

Player sits down with journalist and tells him, in his own words, exactly what has happened and not happened, why he's pissed off and why he wants out. "Yeah well I only believe 50% of it."

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #607 on: July 24, 2020, 08:24:13 AM »
Here, let me help you along the journey:

He’s lost his sources ever since Maccagnan left the building. He hasn’t really been right since.

I judge cases in a case to case basis. Our FO has usually sucked but that’s irrelevant with this. On this particular one I don’t see how the hell the Jets are guilty of anything. He has 2 more years in his contract FFS. The season hasn’t even started. There was a freaking pandemic around. Sorry but it just doesn’t hold.

I don’t know how anyone in this world can think that this is somehow the Jets’ fault. We’re months away from the beginning of the season, the guy has two years on his contract and he’s been crying and whining in social networks for months now. His attitude is just ridiculous.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #608 on: July 24, 2020, 08:25:23 AM »
I’ve worked in sports for more than 20 years now and only in extremely rare occasions successful teams have leaders that complain to the press about their personal and contract issues thus muddling the ambiance of the teams. The good ones do it surgically and know when and how to get reactions. Of course I also know that usually teams that constantly have excrement coaches win anything, so there’s that, but leaders and captains just act differently. He doesn’t. He doesn’t give a freak about anyone but himself. Those players are toxic, as good as they can be on the field. In my ideal scenario both Adams and Gase are gone. We get a real coach and real leaders.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #609 on: July 24, 2020, 08:27:25 AM »
Here, let me help you along the journey:

I stand with what I said. Douglas could have handled it better but, for me, is Adams who has been in the wrong all this time. Ah, and Manish said that Gase was THE reason why Adams wanted out. He’s not, he wouldn’t have cared about Gase if he got paid. And that paints him entirely.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #610 on: July 24, 2020, 08:27:51 AM »
Jamal Adams questioning someone's leadership after acting like a child all offseason is incredibly ironic.

It's funny that you love putting the boot into Adams for failing to be a leader despite him being a player still on his rookie contract, and yet continue to excuse Gase for the same failing despite him being a veteran coach whose actual job it is to be a leader.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #611 on: July 24, 2020, 08:32:32 AM »
It's funny that you love putting the boot into Adams for failing to be a leader despite him being a player still on his rookie contract, and yet continue to excuse Gase for the same failing despite him being a veteran coach whose actual job it is to be a leader.

Boom

headshot
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #612 on: July 24, 2020, 08:36:36 AM »

It's also not Adam Gase's job to handle contract situations. 

Jamal Adams calls himself a leader and a captain all the time, but when has he acted like one this offseason?  He's acted selfishly since the season ended.

No one has excused Gase or Douglas from this situation, but Adams is more at fault than anyone.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #613 on: July 24, 2020, 08:40:47 AM »
Darrelle Revis is 1000% the player Jamal Adams will ever be and I don't remember him ever going to the press to throw his front office or coaches under the bus. 

Adams wants things his way and he doesn't deserve that.  He's literally complaining about Adam Gase not making speeches at halftime.  That's not how football actually works.  You meet with your position coaches to fix the problem and get back out there. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #614 on: July 24, 2020, 08:41:03 AM »
It's also not Adam Gase's job to handle contract situations. 

No, that's Douglas's, and you're defending him as well. It is Gase's job as head coach though to manage player psychology, and he hasn't spoken to the best player on the team since his exit interview in January.

Jamal Adams calls himself a leader and a captain all the time, but when has he acted like one this offseason?  He's acted selfishly since the season ended.

Has he been on the field or in the locker room this offseason? Because that's where he's expected to be a leader, and he has yet to fail at that. He's getting treated like excrement by a shambolic club staffed by imbeciles who are all apparently incapable of delivering on the most basic requirements of their role. I don't give a freak what he calls himself on Twitter, stringing him along with promises of a contract offer that don't materialise and failing to even pick up the phone to talk to him are inexcusable failures.

Tags: