Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87531 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #555 on: July 12, 2020, 10:52:36 PM »
No one knows for sure what Jamal is asking for in a contract and no one one knows for sure what the Jets' stance is on extending him. It's all speculation.

My personal theory is that the front office fully intended on offering Adams a contract extension following the draft but then the pandemic happened forcing the team to revise/delay those plans. Joe Douglas then either communicated this to Adams or didn't (I'm more inclined to believe that he did because I don't think he's incompetent), leading Adams to become upset (believing he was misled) and to throw a tantrum on social media (ultimately requesting a trade to demonstrate just how upset he was). Douglas then spoke to him again to calm him down (as did some of his teammates apparently) and that's why he's been relatively quiet ever since.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:16:58 AM by Andrew Ryan »

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #556 on: July 14, 2020, 02:06:00 PM »
With Mahomes and now Garrett signing extensions it is going to be harder to tell Adams he can't get an extension this year.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #557 on: July 14, 2020, 02:26:55 PM »
With Mahomes and now Garrett signing extensions it is going to be harder to tell Adams he can't get an extension this year.

i don't think it should be harder given that those 2 players play at more premium and important positions than jamal does, but i still want him to get re-signed

i believe it was JE that said it initially; despite the tantrum he's thrown, it wouldn't set a poor precedent to give jamal his money. our organization unfortunately comes across a player of jamal's calibre once every 10-15 years, and if any other player tries to pull this excrement, it will likely be much easier to cut ties with them than it will be with jamal, given that that player will likely not be as good as jamal

if sam comes good and deserves a payday then we won't be fvckin around with the face of our organization like that anyways RE contractual negotiations, and we don't have a premium pass rusher to worry about paying. we haven't had one of those in 15 years

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #558 on: July 14, 2020, 02:34:45 PM »

A former #1 overall pick that plays a premium position and an NFL MVP and Super Champion QB getting extensions has nothing to do with Jamal Adams. 

If he thinks so, he's delusional. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #559 on: July 14, 2020, 03:57:04 PM »
A former #1 overall pick that plays a premium position and an NFL MVP and Super Champion QB getting extensions has nothing to do with Jamal Adams. 

If he thinks so, he's delusional. 

If the reasoning Jamal has gotten from the Jets is that they can’t do a deal because Covid might screw with the cap, then it does.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #560 on: July 14, 2020, 05:27:52 PM »
If the reasoning Jamal has gotten from the Jets is that they can’t do a deal because Covid might screw with the cap, then it does.
Correct, that was my point

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #561 on: July 14, 2020, 06:17:46 PM »
If I'm understanding this correctly, Garrett signed an extension. That means he's still playing out the fourth year of his rookie contract, he's just got a excrement ton of money waiting for him the year after. I'm sure that some of it will be accelerated, but why wouldn't we want to do this with Jamal?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #562 on: July 15, 2020, 12:58:33 AM »
If I'm understanding this correctly, Garrett signed an extension. That means he's still playing out the fourth year of his rookie contract, he's just got a excrement ton of money waiting for him the year after. I'm sure that some of it will be accelerated, but why wouldn't we want to do this with Jamal?

Because he's under team control for the next 3 years.

I don't know if you remember the last two mega contracts we gave to home grown best players on the team. But both of them worked out incredibly poorly for us.

So there's a very clear and obvious precedent that suggests that there is and can be a great deal of risk in giving out huge contracts. Especially to do so years in advance

The potential downsides of such a contract for Adams are numerous (overpaying, injury risk, him being a malcontent, butt hurt about losing, losing motivation etc)

The potential upsides? It strokes his penis and makes him feel better?

From a football standpoint the only freaking reason you extend Jamal right now is if it's on very favorable terms for the tem.

To give him a huge apology contract for no obvious other reason is just being a bad GM
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 01:01:33 AM by dcm1602 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #563 on: July 15, 2020, 07:28:20 AM »
Because he's under team control for the next 3 years.

I don't know if you remember the last two mega contracts we gave to home grown best players on the team. But both of them worked out incredibly poorly for us.

So there's a very clear and obvious precedent that suggests that there is and can be a great deal of risk in giving out huge contracts. Especially to do so years in advance

The potential downsides of such a contract for Adams are numerous (overpaying, injury risk, him being a malcontent, butt hurt about losing, losing motivation etc)

The potential upsides? It strokes his penis and makes him feel better?

From a football standpoint the only freaking reason you extend Jamal right now is if it's on very favorable terms for the tem.

To give him a huge apology contract for no obvious other reason is just being a bad GM

I'm often not sure whether you post what you do simply to fulfil the online caricature you've invented for yourself, or if you're actually that dumb.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #564 on: July 15, 2020, 07:35:16 AM »
Protect the Cap at all costs
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #565 on: July 15, 2020, 07:40:30 AM »
I'm often not sure whether you post what you do simply to fulfil the online caricature you've invented for yourself, or if you're actually that dumb.

Good argument on why we should set a precedent with mostly downside and little upside

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #566 on: July 15, 2020, 08:20:14 AM »
Good argument on why we should set a precedent with mostly downside and little upside

I've already made it very clear why we should pay Adams, but there's no point rehashing the argument with someone who apparently doesn't watch football.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #567 on: July 15, 2020, 08:35:09 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he held out until week 10 and came back to get an accrued season.  Especially with the virus stuff.  Then again, he'd pay so much in fines for missed time it might cancel out his salary.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #568 on: July 16, 2020, 04:03:44 AM »
It wouldn't count as an accrued season anymore. The rules changed. He won't hold out

Yet another disincentive to skip training camp for players would be the league’s ability to strip players of an accrued season if they fail to show up for training camp on time or if they leave for more than five days. This is a huge difference from the rule currently on the table, which only requires that a player under contract show up within 30 days of the team’s first game.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #569 on: July 16, 2020, 04:12:10 AM »
It wouldn't count as an accrued season anymore. The rules changed. He won't hold out
I didn't know that.  Thanks.

Tags: