Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87470 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #420 on: June 23, 2020, 11:16:01 AM »
Common denominator: the ownership

Wasn't everyone blowing Chris Johnson up until the Gase hiring?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #421 on: June 23, 2020, 11:18:02 AM »
Common denominator: the ownership

No disagreement from me on that one. As I said previously, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Douglas had told Jamal that they'd sit down and talk contract, and then ownership told him they wouldn't risk giving anyone a pay rise for a season that doesn't get played or has reduced revenues. There was a rumour a while back, although it may have been just Manish noise, that the Jets were running cash poor.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #422 on: June 23, 2020, 11:19:38 AM »

His approach to the players kneeling was much more open and reasonable than his Trumpster brother, and many of their peers in the owners' club; he treated the players like adults and was rightly applauded for it. I think it's possible though to separate the man's principles and his ability to run a football team, and judge those things individually.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #423 on: June 23, 2020, 11:21:11 AM »
The way to handle it is to sit down with Jamal and figure out a plan of action for both sides, whatever that may be. He's talking on social media because there is no plan in place, or if there is it hasn't been communicated to him, so he's agitating. Your thinking is binary and unsophisticated and not how a professional executive should be handling things.

It is literally Douglas's job to build the best roster possible and creating a situation in which your best player is behaving like this is poor. This doesn't happen at well run clubs; do you think that that's because no other player is unhappy or egotistical?

There's no one person in the wrong here. Adams is behaving poorly as a result of being stuck with a club that has a losing culture that starts from the ownership and is perpetuated by the head coach, and the front office is failing to get control of it.

The pandemic has torched any plans the Jets had, because everything (including the season, the salary cap etc) is up in the air.  I know you don't want to hear that (because of your opinions on this pandemic), but it's the truth.  It's nice that the NFL is saying they're on schedule to play, but i'll believe it when i see it.  In regards to Adams, he needs to read the room a little better, the situation has changed...what he was told in January and around draft time, may have changed over the last 2 months.  The Jets are well within their right to do that.  Remember, Adams isn't in a contract year, and has zero leverage.

Joe Douglas has gone on record saying Adams was gonna be made a Jet for life, obviously not right away most likely because the world isn't a good place healthwise.

The kid has been a warrior for this team, but he should show a little patience...and start acting like the leader he makes himself out to be. 

Joe Douglas shouldn't have to hold Adams' hand through this...he's a grown man.  There's nothing to smooth over other than a player acting like an entitled bitch literally at the worst  possible time
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:22:44 AM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #424 on: June 23, 2020, 11:23:53 AM »

Everyone was tired of Woody at that point in time. 
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #425 on: June 23, 2020, 11:29:36 AM »
Adams is trying to force his way out and has acted unprofessionally. 

The Jets don't owe him a damn thing right now. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #426 on: June 23, 2020, 11:33:01 AM »
No disagreement from me on that one. As I said previously, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Douglas had told Jamal that they'd sit down and talk contract, and then ownership told him they wouldn't risk giving anyone a pay rise for a season that doesn't get played or has reduced revenues. There was a rumour a while back, although it may have been just Manish noise, that the Jets were running cash poor.

I think that's complete nonsense. Between Adams obscene contract demands and the fact it's extremely rare for a player to get extended thst early. I don't think any good GM would be extending him at this time

I also kinda doubt Douglas would have came here if he had no power to do his job

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #427 on: June 23, 2020, 11:33:14 AM »
Adams is trying to force his way out and has acted unprofessionally. 

The Jets don't owe him a damn thing right now. 

Wait...you don't think Joe Douglas should suck Adams' rooster, hold his hand, and ask if there's anything else he can do for him in his time of need?

maybe we should fire him.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #428 on: June 23, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »
If Joe Douglas hasn't communicated with Jamal Adams or his agent since the draft and at least told him they aren't signing him this year or at least explained the change in situation, that is the Jets' fault. Doug may have talked to him and Jamal is bullshitting about no contact regarding a deal, I don't know.  I just don't understand why no one talks to each other unless they have and the media doesn't know.

The Jets are a bit hamstung in the media because they can't just come out and call him out in the media if they are in the right.  That would blow up what little chance there is of fixing this.

Jamal is being an poopchute, but hopefully someone has at least talked to him since the draft.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 12:08:40 PM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #429 on: June 23, 2020, 11:56:45 AM »
The pandemic has torched any plans the Jets had, because everything (including the season, the salary cap etc) is up in the air.  I know you don't want to hear that (because of your opinions on this pandemic), but it's the truth.  It's nice that the NFL is saying they're on schedule to play, but i'll believe it when i see it.  In regards to Adams, he needs to read the room a little better, the situation has changed...what he was told in January and around draft time, may have changed over the last 2 months.  The Jets are well within their right to do that.  Remember, Adams isn't in a contract year, and has zero leverage.

Joe Douglas has gone on record saying Adams was gonna be made a Jet for life, obviously not right away most likely because the world isn't a good place healthwise.

The kid has been a warrior for this team, but he should show a little patience...and start acting like the leader he makes himself out to be. 

Joe Douglas shouldn't have to hold Adams' hand through this...he's a grown man.  There's nothing to smooth over other than a player acting like an entitled bitch literally at the worst  possible time

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-714-midweek-manish-part-1-will-jets-actually/id1236901698?i=1000479195875

I hadn't heard this till now, but it's also a Manish thing. Around the 10 minute mark they discuss how Joe Douglas was told before the pandemic that he would be limited on actual cash to spend this offseason. And thst it likely played a huge role in our free agency moves (ie how they were mostly one year contracts, or disguised one year contracts)

I don't think this has anything to do with the Jamal situation to be honest as he just wasn't due. But it's certainly something that makes a lot of sense in regards to the offseason

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #430 on: June 23, 2020, 12:11:01 PM »
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-714-midweek-manish-part-1-will-jets-actually/id1236901698?i=1000479195875

I hadn't heard this till now, but it's also a Manish thing. Around the 10 minute mark they discuss how Joe Douglas was told before the pandemic that he would be limited on actual cash to spend this offseason. And thst it likely played a huge role in our free agency moves (ie how they were mostly one year contracts, or disguised one year contracts)

I don't think this has anything to do with the Jamal situation to be honest as he just wasn't due. But it's certainly something that makes a lot of sense in regards to the offseason

I don't believe the Johnsons cash strapped Douglas because of being short on cash.  Maybe they did because of the pandemic and uncertainty with the future cap, but I don't know that I believe that either.  You can like or dislike the Johnsons, but they have never been cheap.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #431 on: June 23, 2020, 12:14:19 PM »
I don't believe the Johnsons cash strapped Douglas because of being short on cash.  Maybe they did because of the pandemic and uncertainty with the future cap, but I don't know that I believe that either.  You can like or dislike the Johnsons, but they have never been cheap.

According to them the mandate came out before covid19. But I haven't seen it reported by anyone other than Manish. Although the Jets free agency moves would seem to support his claim

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #432 on: June 23, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »
As much as we hate Manish when it comes to internal issues he's usually right.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #433 on: June 23, 2020, 01:41:44 PM »
As much as we hate Manish when it comes to internal issues he's usually right.

I'm still waiting for Logan Ryan's introductory press conference at Florham Park.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #434 on: June 23, 2020, 01:48:01 PM »
I'm still waiting for Logan Ryan's introductory press conference at Florham Park.

They’ll introduce him with Andre Dillard
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: