Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 89012 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #405 on: June 22, 2020, 07:31:44 PM »
It's like he is trying to cause enough noise to get off the roster, yet still have everyone love him.

Instead all that's happening is he is pissing off literally everyone related to the organization.
Need a new one for a new board...

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #406 on: June 22, 2020, 07:42:27 PM »
Burning bridges while he's still on the island.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #407 on: June 22, 2020, 07:48:01 PM »
Burning bridges while he's still on the island.

This is a good way of putting it. If we don't ultimately trade him (which I still think is more likely than not), he's going to have to play the entire season with teammates and coaches he was all too ready to abandon.

That's how this kind of behavior should be rewarded IMO
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 07:55:42 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #408 on: June 22, 2020, 08:18:26 PM »
This is a good way of putting it. If we don't ultimately trade him (which I still think is more likely than not), he's going to have to play the entire season with teammates and coaches he was all too ready to abandon.

That's how this kind of behavior should be rewarded IMO
I don't really care how behavior should be rewarded or not.

I still want to keep him here long-term. If the bridges have been fully burned, trade him for the most value we can get. I don't care if it's Dallas or anyone else. If the offers are essentially identical, then maybe we can screw Jamal by sending him somewhere he wouldn't like, but the Jets should focus on what is best for the Jets.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #409 on: June 22, 2020, 08:21:54 PM »
Satisfying the trade request of a malcontent player is a dangerous precedent to set for the team. If we're presented an offer that's worth biting on, so be it, but there is a flip side to this.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #410 on: June 22, 2020, 08:26:10 PM »
I don't really care how behavior should be rewarded or not.

I still want to keep him here long-term.

Co-signed.

We don't get better by pissing off our best players and then trading them.

He's a kid who's badly advised and behaving like an idiot. Fix this excrement rather than just ditching the problem. Do the difficult thing, not the easy one.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #411 on: June 22, 2020, 09:26:37 PM »
Co-signed.

We don't get better by pissing off our best players and then trading them.

He's a kid who's badly advised and behaving like an idiot. Fix this excrement rather than just ditching the problem. Do the difficult thing, not the easy one.

You keep saying Joe Douglas has to fix this excrement.....what do you expect him to do?  I told you his only recourse from what he's doing right now, is to give in and pay Jamal his price....which is absolutely the wrong approach, especially now with how Jamal has been handled this.

Joe Douglas isn't ditching the problem, he's handling the situation EXACTLY the way he should be handling it given the cirucmstances.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #412 on: June 22, 2020, 09:48:49 PM »
Lol @ his reply to Maye. He’s already acting like him leaving is a done deal. Let him rot on the bench, freak compensation.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #413 on: June 22, 2020, 10:00:39 PM »
Satisfying the trade request of a malcontent player is a dangerous precedent to set for the team.

When have we not done that?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #414 on: June 23, 2020, 06:26:52 AM »
When have we not done that?

Teddy Bridgewater
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #415 on: June 23, 2020, 07:10:10 AM »
Teddy Bridgewater

I??? What? Is there some sarcasm that I’m missing here?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #416 on: June 23, 2020, 08:59:11 AM »
You keep saying Joe Douglas has to fix this excrement.....what do you expect him to do?  I told you his only recourse from what he's doing right now, is to give in and pay Jamal his price....which is absolutely the wrong approach, especially now with how Jamal has been handled this.

Joe Douglas isn't ditching the problem, he's handling the situation EXACTLY the way he should be handling it given the cirucmstances.

The way to handle it is to sit down with Jamal and figure out a plan of action for both sides, whatever that may be. He's talking on social media because there is no plan in place, or if there is it hasn't been communicated to him, so he's agitating. Your thinking is binary and unsophisticated and not how a professional executive should be handling things.

It is literally Douglas's job to build the best roster possible and creating a situation in which your best player is behaving like this is poor. This doesn't happen at well run clubs; do you think that that's because no other player is unhappy or egotistical?

There's no one person in the wrong here. Adams is behaving poorly as a result of being stuck with a club that has a losing culture that starts from the ownership and is perpetuated by the head coach, and the front office is failing to get control of it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #417 on: June 23, 2020, 09:33:51 AM »
The way to handle it is to sit down with Jamal and figure out a plan of action for both sides, whatever that may be. He's talking on social media because there is no plan in place, or if there is it hasn't been communicated to him, so he's agitating. Your thinking is binary and unsophisticated and not how a professional executive should be handling things.

It is literally Douglas's job to build the best roster possible and creating a situation in which your best player is behaving like this is poor. This doesn't happen at well run clubs; do you think that that's because no other player is unhappy or egotistical?

There's no one person in the wrong here. Adams is behaving poorly as a result of being stuck with a club that has a losing culture that starts from the ownership and is perpetuated by the head coach, and the front office is failing to get control of it.
Yes. Douglas is in charge. The vast majority of this problem goes beyond Douglas, but Adams felt like he was disrespected at the trade deadline, and he feels like the Jets have misled him this offseason.

If we end up selling low on the best player on the team because the organization failed to communicate the way Adams wanted to be communicated with, well, the Jets screwed up. We don't know how to divide the blame between Douglas, Gase, Johnson and Adams. But nobody with the Jets had done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt, including Douglas.

It's possible the Jets have handled everything the right way. Gauging Jamal's trade value is certainly defensible. And maybe the Jets have been upfront with Adams from the moment this offseason started, and Adams just wants so much money where it's not even worth discussing. But we don't know how Douglas has dealt with Adams this offseason, and we don't really know how he's dealing with him now.

I like Douglas. But I've seen a lot of coaches and GMs and players come through here that were supposed to be the answer. I'm optimistic Douglas can be the guy, but he hasn't proven a thing yet. People liked Maccagnan, too.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #418 on: June 23, 2020, 11:12:18 AM »

I like Douglas. But I've seen a lot of coaches and GMs and players come through here that were supposed to be the answer. I'm optimistic Douglas can be the guy, but he hasn't proven a thing yet. People liked Maccagnan, too.

Common denominator: the ownership

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #419 on: June 23, 2020, 11:15:15 AM »
#FireWoody
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: