Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 89087 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2020, 12:36:57 PM »
It sucks that trading him to the Cowboys is giving this petulant little bitch exactly what he wants, but they do seem to be the team that best matches up in terms of assets.

I'm still not trading him unless its an insane overpay. He has zero leverage.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2020, 12:45:21 PM »
i dont see how dallas is expected to be able to pay him even eventually. theyre gonna pay dak 35-40 million bucks next year, contract or not(unless he absolutely shits the bed and they cut him loose, which they wont). coupled with an expected lower salary cap and their already shitty deals they have, how can they pay him?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2020, 12:45:55 PM »
It sucks that trading him to the Cowboys is giving this petulant little bitch exactly what he wants, but they do seem to be the team that best matches up in terms of assets.

I'm still not trading him unless its an insane overpay. He has zero leverage.

I don't really see how any trade makes sense, because next year's draft is going to be a mess. Are we even going to have a college season? If not, does that mean that players all get an extra year of eligibility? What about players who have redshirted their first year, then played last season, and now declare? How can you judge a player with one season under their belt from over a year ago?

If I'm the Jets I am refusing to even enter trade conversations with anyone unless they're starting with a ludicrous offer including a quality player in their prime with a good contract, because draft picks are worth less this coming year than they ever have been. If Jamal is really going to be hardheaded about it he can sit the season out and we'll just kick his contract down the road.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #393 on: June 22, 2020, 12:50:51 PM »
I don't really see how any trade makes sense, because next year's draft is going to be a mess. Are we even going to have a college season? If not, does that mean that players all get an extra year of eligibility? What about players who have redshirted their first year, then played last season, and now declare? How can you judge a player with one season under their belt from over a year ago?

If I'm the Jets I am refusing to even enter trade conversations with anyone unless they're starting with a ludicrous offer including a quality player in their prime with a good contract, because draft picks are worth less this coming year than they ever have been. If Jamal is really going to be hardheaded about it he can sit the season out and we'll just kick his contract down the road.

I think next year's draft being a complete mess will be the reason that Jamal's asking price would have to start at two 1sts.

Unless players come into play in which case anything is fair game

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #394 on: June 22, 2020, 12:58:46 PM »
Jane Slater
@SlaterNFL
·
33m
A few additional notes on the Jamal Adams situation as it relates to the #Cowboys according to a source close to the situation. A thread...
1. There is a trust issue with the Jets now. He felt like he has been a team first guy even with coaching changes.  (Cont)
Jane Slater
@SlaterNFL
·
32m
2. He was told they would redo his contract and haven’t. Making him wonder how committed they are to him.
3. He’s willing to bend, as suggested on the contract, and has even considered the money he can make up for whatever he bends on in the Dallas market.
Jane Slater
@SlaterNFL
4. I’m told off the field he’s the type of guy that puts family first, one of the first to leave a party early.
5. Dallas, his hometown, is desired destination.
6. not much new here but worth nothing the “bend” part bc #Cowboys haven’t been overly interested in giving up much

#6 is why he won't end up in Dallas.  Go to the highest bidder, Big Doug.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #395 on: June 22, 2020, 01:00:15 PM »
I want the best deal too....but Dallas knows Jamal wants to play there. They're gonna lowball the excrement out of JD because of that, and because they're in cap hell.

That's why he think he goes elsewhere.  Plus, i want to see him go anywhere but the Cowboys or an AFC East division rival, out of spite.

EDIT:  Send him to Detroit for Kenny Golladay, 1st and a 4th (that can escalate to a 3rd)

Detroit is the exact team we should target. Patricia and that Front Office are about to be excrement canned if they don’t win right now. So lost draft capital is a hurdle they either cross later (if they win) or it’s somebody else’s problem. Patricia is also a defensive minded coach, meaning he is more likely to over value a defensive star.

That said they won’t give us any offensive talent. It would be a straight picks payment. But I could see something like a 2021 1st and a 2022 2 and 4.
Need a new one for a new board...

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #396 on: June 22, 2020, 02:17:55 PM »
He stays

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #397 on: June 22, 2020, 05:49:57 PM »
We have no idea if Joe Douglas is a good GM or not. I hope he is. We all hope he is.

It's like with Darnold.  We HOPE they are the answers. Both have showed some signs. But the grade for both is incomplete.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #398 on: June 22, 2020, 05:53:26 PM »

STFU already
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #399 on: June 22, 2020, 06:12:15 PM »
It's all luv

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #400 on: June 22, 2020, 06:13:44 PM »
Haha that’s hilarious. Adams telling people he’s desperate to get out, but like I promise I’ll miss the dudes I’m shafting on my way out
Need a new one for a new board...

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #401 on: June 22, 2020, 06:24:16 PM »
he is definitely not as retarded as AB but this is now reaching AB-level mockery with the excrement he is saying

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #402 on: June 22, 2020, 06:30:09 PM »
Just leave him on the roster out of spite.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #403 on: June 22, 2020, 06:40:19 PM »
What a goddamn crybaby

If we were in camp, Steve McLendon would have beaten his derriere by now
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #404 on: June 22, 2020, 07:29:13 PM »
To be a fly on Joe Douglas' office wall right now...

Tags: