Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 88961 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2020, 09:27:05 AM »
Sure....but telling potential teams that you're willing to play without a contract extension wipes out any sympathy whatsoever.  Jamal can eat a excrement sandwich for all i care now.

i think that part of it may have more to do with our losing and dysfunction since he's been here as opposed to any contract he wants. there are probably a couple of fronts that jamal is mad with RE the team, one being the constant losing and the other being the poor movement/communication over a contract despite Jet claims that it would be addressed.

as has been mentioned, he'd probably feel okay with an L on one of those fronts but not both. a winning team with him playing under his rookie contract, or a losing excrement organization but still getting paid. i'm not defending him but it's probably hard for somebody who's been as good and as competitive as he's been at his craft his entire life to endure swallowing both.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2020, 09:54:14 AM »
Jamal is being impatient because he has 2 years left on his deal. And then the tag. His first 3 years as a Jet he had a front row seat to the Mike Maccagnan and Adam Gase fiasco. Would you want to spend your prime years as a top safety, getting paid well under market value, playing for an organization that has shown that kind of dysfunction? We’ve gone more backwards than forward since he was drafted.

I don’t think we’re in this situation if the Jets were winning

Dudes young enoguh that he could easily play another 10 years, capable of being a top 5 safety for the next 6 to 8.

And I'd imagine because of the cap implications of covid19 it his options are probably to either get a deal now or try to wait two years for the cap situation from a potentially verydown year to work itself out.

I think he's just freaking delusional and obscenely overvalues what he brings to the team

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2020, 09:56:57 AM »
You realize there are two sides to a trade right....

The jets are going to want a player back

The issue there isn't trading Jamal its compensation. And there's numerous ways to get compensated

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2020, 09:58:40 AM »
The guy is two years outside of free agency (or being tagged) and wants a market defining contract. If Jeremy Fowler is correct, he's looking for over 20 million a year.

freak that. He can play out the year and then get dealt.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2020, 10:20:41 AM »
i think that part of it may have more to do with our losing and dysfunction since he's been here as opposed to any contract he wants. there are probably a couple of fronts that jamal is mad with RE the team, one being the constant losing and the other being the poor movement/communication over a contract despite Jet claims that it would be addressed.

as has been mentioned, he'd probably feel okay with an L on one of those fronts but not both. a winning team with him playing under his rookie contract, or a losing excrement organization but still getting paid. i'm not defending him but it's probably hard for somebody who's been as good and as competitive as he's been at his craft his entire life to endure swallowing both.

You can't bitch about money, and then turn around and tell potential teams that you're willing to play under the contract you're currently bitching about.

There's no excuse for that, i don't care if it's a winning team or not.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2020, 10:25:08 AM »
Adams has a loser's mentality.  For all the talk about changing culture and turning the franchise around, he hasn't done that. 

It's like he looked at the NFL standings for 2019 and made a list. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2020, 10:29:48 AM »
Adams has a loser's mentality.  For all the talk about changing culture and turning the franchise around, he hasn't done that. 

It's like he looked at the NFL standings for 2019 and made a list. 

He comes across as a loud mouth.  All talk no action.

Granted, dude's a baller....but he couldn't lead a horse to water with that attitude.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2020, 10:31:37 AM »
He comes across as a loud mouth.  All talk no action.

Granted, dude's a baller....but he couldn't lead a horse to water with that attitude.

If he's really asking to be the highest paid player on the team, it has to be a slap in the face to someone like CJ Mosley (who is the highest paid VETERAN on the team).

Finish out your deal and then ask for the money. 

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2020, 10:58:02 AM »
If he's really asking to be the highest paid player on the team, it has to be a slap in the face to someone like CJ Mosley (who is the highest paid VETERAN on the team).

Finish out your deal and then ask for the money. 

Yes

Like i said in an earlier post, i could get on board if he was in his contract year....but he's not.  This is a terrible look for him.  I hope JD doesn't budge at all.

I hate this because he's one of my favorite players.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2020, 11:04:00 AM »
I wonder what the rest of the team is thinking about this. Self proclaimed leader now only wants to go to a playoff team (most of which have no space for the massive contract he's demanding).

What a freaking bitch. Making the Jets seem like bad guys because a system like the rookie wage scale exists. Oh and add in the massive uncertainty surrounding the season next year.

He has absolutely no pulse on the situation.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2020, 11:09:09 AM »
I think this is more about wanting off the team because he can't control that they have been losing. 

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2020, 11:12:17 AM »
I'll dismiss what he was told in January, because i'm sure the Jets didn't bank on a pandemic happening in the spring.

Also what the hell did he think was going to happen in January?  That's the beginning of the playoffs

As far as what he was told right after the draft, we're less than 2 months from the draft date.  Did Jamal expect a contract offer the day after the draft? 

This.  Either he is an idiot or he isn't negotiating in good faith.  Dak & the cowboys have been doing this for over a year, and you don't hear this from his camp.  Sprinkle Covid on top of this and its just pure idiotic.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

To plays devils advocate, how would you feel if Joe Douglas gave Joe $5MM to Jamal this year to reward him for his play?  I don't think you can do that now that Jamal has had a excrement show, but what do you think about this as a precedent?

On one hand he clearly outplayed his contract and as a sign of good faith for the future you're giving him some more money.
On the other hand it sort of deems contracts as meaningless and could indicate that all players are worthy of unexpected bonuses.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #297 on: June 19, 2020, 11:15:16 AM »
I think this is more about wanting off the team because he can't control that they have been losing.

I understand that perspective and I think that makes the most sense, but then do that before the draft.
If that was his biggest issue, what happened between before the draft and now that made him think we're more likely to lose?

insanity

• Shaun Ellis

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #299 on: June 19, 2020, 12:18:44 PM »
Where did the highest paid player part come from? I’ve never seen that wording outside of this board.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: