Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87491 times)

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #270 on: June 19, 2020, 07:23:35 AM »
So no trade request then?

Ok back to your originally scheduled programming

Or is it more likely Adams reps said we want a trade, and JD did something to smooth excrement over and buy time for negotiating? Who the freak cares. But keep Adams in Green and White (and Black)

You need to be more diligent when you read.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2020, 07:24:10 AM »
So no trade request then?

Ok back to your originally scheduled programming

Or is it more likely Adams reps said we want a trade, and JD did something to smooth excrement over and buy time for negotiating? Who the freak cares. But keep Adams in Green and White (and Black)
That's from January.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2020, 07:25:38 AM »
You need to be more diligent when you read.
That's from January.

Well never mind then

Let’s go backing to yesterday’s programming instead
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2020, 07:28:27 AM »
The funniest part about jamal Adam's insane expectations is that I dont think the jets could make a trade even if they wanted to. 

Players from outside the organization are not allowed to be at team facilities because of covid...

Would they really need him to be at the team facilities?

I mean he has no health issue or flags. and they can easily do a Skype interview and or take him out to dinner.

And theoretically any trade could be pending him passing a physical regardless.

I mean teams are going to sign and cut all kinds of guys during the offseason, surely that process will be applicable to vets like Jamal

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2020, 07:35:45 AM »
Would they really need him to be at the team facilities?

I mean he has no health issue or flags. and they can easily do a Skype interview and or take him out to dinner.

And theoretically any trade could be pending him passing a physical regardless.

I mean teams are going to sign and cut all kinds of guys during the offseason, surely that process will be applicable to vets like Jamal
You realize there are two sides to a trade right....

The jets are going to want a player back

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2020, 07:40:20 AM »
It sucks that he's trying to force his way out. But i trust big Joe to get maximum value if he does pull the trigger on a trade.  Use the picks to load up on offensive help for Sam next year (hello Jamar Chase).

What i want to see is the Jets FO to sit on this and not let a player bully them into submission.  Adams is an elite Safety, but he's out of line here. Especially since he's willing to forego a contract extension with the team he's willing to be traded to....that's freaking horseshit.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2020, 07:54:18 AM »
this honestly sucks but i feel is not as big of a deal as it's been made to be, and is getting blown up because nothing else sports wise is going on

we're all freaking out because we know these are the jets but i think this all dies down/nothing comes of it. the strangest part is the lack of dialogue which is unacceptable but i'm sure once they 'sit down' and speak relations will at the least start to improve. and there's no way the team/Joe D don't make an effort to speak to Jamal after all of this

just give it a few days

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2020, 07:59:07 AM »
this honestly sucks but i feel is not as big of a deal as it's been made to be, and is getting blown up because nothing else sports wise is going on

we're all freaking out because we know these are the jets but i think this all dies down/nothing comes of it. the strangest part is the lack of dialogue which is unacceptable but i'm sure once they 'sit down' and speak relations will at the least start to improve. and there's no way the team/Joe D don't make an effort to speak to Jamal after all of this

just give it a few days

The problem is Jamal is impatient, when he doesn't need to be.  He has 2 years left on his deal.  His stance is so premature, and his decision on how to approach it makes him look like whiny bitch.

The timing of all this is ridiculous. 

"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2020, 08:02:20 AM »
The problem is Jamal is impatient, when he doesn't need to be.  He has 2 years left on his deal.  His stance is so premature, and his decision on how to approach it makes him look like whiny bitch.

do we think jamal would have thrown a tantrum like this during any other offseason, or is this just another example of somebody going a little stir crazy during the coronavirus lockdown?

i agree the timing is obnoxious/ridiculous, but this is a guy that was told in january and then after the draft that this would be addressed. It wasn't, and he's been home for months thinking and stewing about it, and he was already a little gay before all of this

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2020, 08:08:04 AM »
I hope Doug does nothing and lets him know that he will get max fines for every day he doesn't show. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2020, 08:12:18 AM »
do we think jamal would have thrown a tantrum like this during any other offseason, or is this just another example of somebody going a little stir crazy during the coronavirus lockdown?

i agree the timing is obnoxious/ridiculous, but this is a guy that was told in january and then after the draft that this would be addressed. It wasn't, and he's been home for months thinking and stewing about it, and he was already a little gay before all of this

I'll dismiss what he was told in January, because i'm sure the Jets didn't bank on a pandemic happening in the spring.  As far as what he was told right after the draft, we're less than 2 months from the draft date.  Did Jamal expect a contract offer the day after the draft?

I think he needs to calm his funbags, and focus on preparing for the season.

I would have a completely different opinion and would sympathize with him more if he was entering his contract year.....but he's not.  He needs to STFU and be the leader he keeps telling everyone that he is.  He's going to get paid eventually (even if he does get injured), the guy is top 3 at his position. 

Also, asking for a trade and then telling potential teams that you're willing to wait on a contract extension is the biggest POS move i've seen from a player in a long time. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 08:22:36 AM by MBGreen »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2020, 08:12:34 AM »
I hope Doug does nothing and lets him know that he will get max fines for every day he doesn't show. 

agreed

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2020, 08:34:22 AM »

Jamal is being impatient because he has 2 years left on his deal. And then the tag. His first 3 years as a Jet he had a front row seat to the Mike Maccagnan and Adam Gase fiasco. Would you want to spend your prime years as a top safety, getting paid well under market value, playing for an organization that has shown that kind of dysfunction? We’ve gone more backwards than forward since he was drafted.

I don’t think we’re in this situation if the Jets were winning
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2020, 08:37:59 AM »
Jamal is being impatient because he has 2 years left on his deal. And then the tag. His first 3 years as a Jet he had a front row seat to the Mike Maccagnan and Adam Gase fiasco. Would you want to spend your prime years as a top safety, getting paid well under market value, playing for an organization that has shown that kind of dysfunction? We’ve gone more backwards than forward since he was drafted.

I don’t think we’re in this situation if the Jets were winning

Sure....but telling potential teams that you're willing to play without a contract extension wipes out any sympathy whatsoever.  Jamal can eat a excrement sandwich for all i care now.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2020, 08:38:36 AM »
NVM. Everybody beat me to it.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: