Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87561 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2020, 04:28:28 PM »
Not sure anyone looks good in this, but if he's telling the truth about being told he was going to get an offer in January and then the Jets failing to make one, that's a pretty sloppy move on the team's part. Wasn't there a rumour a little while back that the Jets were cash strapped? (Not sure how that happens to one of the league's most valuable franchises, but still.) If it's true that we failed to deliver on a promised offer, then either Douglas has dropped the ball or the team has pulled the rug out from underneath him.
I agree, that's really the only possible thing the Jets did wrong, if that is even true.  Not sure why people can't just talk to each other.  "Hey, you promised me an offer in January, why haven't I heard from you yet?".  Instead we have silence and Instagram diarrhea.  Who knows.  I guess he's just at a point where he'd rather play somewhere else unless he gets offered a truckload of cash by the Jets.  That's fine.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2020, 04:29:39 PM »
He's been throwing a monthslong public tantrum while the team controls his rights for at least two more seasons. He needs to grow up.
This

Mahomes hasn’t been paid yet either....not a peep from that guy. Yet, he plays a premium position and won a super bowl.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2020, 04:32:10 PM »
This

Mahomes hasn’t been paid yet either....not a peep from that guy. Yet, he plays a premium position and won a super bowl.

Well... that's kinda the point. Not being paid and playing on a excrement team is considerably worse. Garrett is a better comparison. I'm not saying we necessarily should be paying Adams this summer, but it does rather sound like the Jets have once against Jetsed it up by simply not communicating with him properly.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2020, 04:34:49 PM »
This

He also plays for a good organization. The Jets have not earned Jamal's respect.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2020, 04:35:23 PM »
He's an elite player that plays a non-premium position. 

I'm fine with paying him because he shows up every week and plays his heart out, but if he wants out and we can get fair value for him, so be it.

His entire act this offseason has been beyond annoying. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2020, 04:35:52 PM »
The Jets have not earned Jamal's respect.

And he's doing everything he can to lose theirs. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2020, 04:36:27 PM »
This situation and the Revis situation are not the same.

What does it matter as a fan when the result is the same? I don’t care about the front office and I sure as hell don’t trust them to build a team. This team hasn’t given me much of a reason to do so in the last decade.

They said in January they were going to renegotiate his deal. After that, Douglas kept making public, “We’ll get to that after the next thing,” comments. If they weren’t going to renegotiate his deal then Douglas shouldn’t have said it. The front office does not

The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2020, 04:36:29 PM »
By the way, I want you to all be aware that I have already managed to concoct a narrative in which this is Adam Gase's doing. When I've properly fleshed it out I will unveil it.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2020, 04:37:04 PM »
He's an elite player that plays a non-premium position. 

I'm fine with paying him because he shows up every week and plays his heart out, but if he wants out and we can get fair value for him, so be it.

His entire act this offseason has been beyond annoying.
Yep.  I'm fine either way.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2020, 04:37:19 PM »
I think Jamal feels that, as the team's best player and emotional leader, he deserves to be compensated for having suffered through this team's ineptitude for the last three seasons. Unfortunately, the real world and business doesn't work that way. He's under contract for at least two more seasons so the team has no incentive to rush his deal or to give in to his unreasonable demands.

I genuinely believe this wouldn't be happening if the team hadn't been a dumpster fire for his first three seasons in the league. That combined with apparently poor communication on the part of the front office and dangling him at last year's trading deadline has inflamed this situation considerably.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2020, 04:37:21 PM »
By the way, I want you to all be aware that I have already managed to concoct a narrative in which this is Adam Gase's doing. When I've properly fleshed it out I will unveil it.

I’m in.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2020, 04:41:05 PM »
Unfortunately, the real world and business doesn't work that way. He's under contract for at least two more seasons so the team has no incentive to rush his deal or to give in to his unreasonable demands.

If he winds up playing for a new contract on a new team, something we have all agreed is a real possibility and a few are actively rooting for at this point, it apparently does work like that.

The Jets don’t win if they trade away Jamal. The team actively gets worse.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »
Hopefully the relationship hasn't been broken beyond repair but no franchise is going to crumble simply because it lost a safety, no matter how talented that safety might be.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2020, 04:42:12 PM »
I’m in.

It hinges primarily around two things: his dislike and fear of someone who is more listened to and respected than him in the locker room, and the need to add more offensive players to cover up his inability to build a competent offense without elite players figuring it out for him on the field. If we trade Jamal for a good offensive player I will consider that proof that my wild theory made up on the hoof is correct.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2020, 04:43:11 PM »
Joe Douglas basically ignoring this and hoping it would go away has fucked our leverage. Should have been traded before the draft if you didn’t intend on resigning him or even negotiating with him.

He's under team control for 3 years

He can bend over cuz Douglas got da leverage

Tags: