Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87426 times)

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2020, 04:12:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1273723786198728707?s=19

A source also says there are certain teams Jamal Adams is willing to be traded to where he won't request a contract extension, at least right away.

If this is true then he can definitely freak off lol

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2020, 04:18:06 PM »
Joe Douglas basically ignoring this and hoping it would go away has fucked our leverage. Should have been traded before the draft if you didn’t intend on resigning him or even negotiating with him.
I was told Jamal had no leverage though.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2020, 04:19:17 PM »
Oh good, we’re in the process of running out another talented secondary player over money issues. I’m sure we will all be very happy with the eventual outcome.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2020, 04:19:17 PM »
We don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2020, 04:19:43 PM »
Delicious cap space babbie.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2020, 04:20:09 PM »
Anything less than 2 first round picks for Jamal is a failure.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2020, 04:20:27 PM »
Get to the season and start winning. He'll shut up.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2020, 04:21:15 PM »
Anything less than 2 first round picks for Jamal is a failure.
Not happening.  Maybe if we throw in Nickelback....

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2020, 04:21:30 PM »
Get to the season and start winning. He'll shut up.
Lol.  Winning.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2020, 04:21:41 PM »
Not sure anyone looks good in this, but if he's telling the truth about being told he was going to get an offer in January and then the Jets failing to make one, that's a pretty sloppy move on the team's part. Wasn't there a rumour a little while back that the Jets were cash strapped? (Not sure how that happens to one of the league's most valuable franchises, but still.) If it's true that we failed to deliver on a promised offer, then either Douglas has dropped the ball or the team has pulled the rug out from underneath him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2020, 04:22:02 PM »
Not happening.  Maybe if we throw in Nickelback....
Throw in some plain burgers too....
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2020, 04:23:47 PM »
Not sure anyone looks good in this, but if he's telling the truth about being told he was going to get an offer in January and then the Jets failing to make one, that's a pretty sloppy move on the team's part. Wasn't there a rumour a little while back that the Jets were cash strapped? (Not sure how that happens to one of the league's most valuable franchises, but still.) If it's true that we failed to deliver on a promised offer, then either Douglas has dropped the ball or the team has pulled the rug out from underneath him.

Both sides mentioned renegotiating his deal in January. Douglas and the Jets do not look good in this.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »
I think it's a combination of things.

- I think the Jets are being cheap and don't want to shell out a big contract right now.
- I think Joe Douglas got off on the wrong foot with Jamal Adams and has not communicated well with him.
- I think Jamal Adams wants to get paid immediately, and if the Jets are going to be a losing team that isn't willing to pay him, then he wants to get out of here.

Like Bo said, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. But that seems like the logical scenario to me.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2020, 04:26:16 PM »
He's been throwing a monthslong public tantrum while the team controls his rights for at least two more seasons. He needs to grow up.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2020, 04:27:01 PM »
Oh good, we’re in the process of running out another talented secondary player over money issues. I’m sure we will all be very happy with the eventual outcome.

This situation and the Revis situation are not the same.

He's been throwing a monthslong public tantrum while the team controls his rights for at least two more seasons.

This.

Tags: