Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87595 times)

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2020, 12:08:10 PM »
While in sure this data is true. How much will viewership increase? Sure there's an unknown of the impact of a highly polifitical nfl putting off some viewers depending on which direction excrement goes the next few months and an election making everything drastically more polarizing and contentious. But at the same time people will be bored out of their freaking minds and there will have been a tremendous ongoing sport hiatus. Plus a ton of TV shows are getting postponed or delayed for their fall lineups, so TV competition could be the weakest ever.

Not to mention there's surely an extremely high probability that college football gets canceled. And if that's the case not only has the nfl explored the possibility of having games all weekend long, but viewership should be at record levels.

If there's no NBA MLB hockey or whatever the freak else even more people could get shuttled towards NFL.

I'm not saying it's very likely to happen, but I don't think it's completely unreasonable that the nfl could actually have all time record high revenues. Especially if the competition falters as much as it could
Increase in viewership does not equate to an increase in advertising revenue.  Not on television anyway.

They could make more money from gamepads though, but I'm sure that's a very small portion of their revenue.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2020, 03:11:00 PM »
A 3rd round rookie probably isn't playing at an All-Pro level his rookie year
Thank you for your insight.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2020, 04:56:33 PM »
Are you familiar with the concept of opportunity cost

He’s the best player in the league at his position and he makes a noticeable difference on the field. If you give me an actual player he will cost us I’ll listen. Until then I really don’t feel like dealing in hypotheticals. The world as it is is vexing enough.

If the Jets told him they were going to send him a contract offer or negotiate with him and are now ghosting him, he has a right to be pissed.

Here’s the argument that I’d be willing to entertain. The problems that Jamal has had with this team:

-JD: We’re not going to trade you, Jamal.
-Cowboys: We want Jamal Adams.
-JD: How much?

-Jamal: I want a new contract.
-JD: We’ll talk about it.
-Jamal: When?
-JD: *crickets*

Back to my original point:

Who gives a flying freak about how Jamal expresses his displeasure with the team over his contract?

He hasn’t demanded to be traded. He hasn’t said he’ll sit out training camp or the season. He said he won’t do skype workouts. Holy. excrement. The. Worst.

Why should I, as a fan, care about what he posts on IG regarding his contract?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:01:57 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2020, 06:31:49 PM »
He’s the best player in the league at his position and he makes a noticeable difference on the field. If you give me an actual player he will cost us I’ll listen. Until then I really don’t feel like dealing in hypotheticals. The world as it is is vexing enough.

Demaryius thomas
Vinny curry
Logan ryan

If we pay jamal an extra $10M maybe we get one of those players.  I understand jamal is much better than those players combined but there is literally no reason to pay him right now.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2020, 06:39:31 PM »
Demaryius thomas
Vinny curry
Logan ryan

If we pay jamal an extra $10M maybe we get one of those players.  I understand jamal is much better than those players combined but there is literally no reason to pay him right now.

Literally freak all of those players besides Jamal
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2020, 06:45:04 PM »
Demaryius thomas
Vinny curry
Logan ryan

Replaceable, easily
Nothing special
Highest TD allowed by a nickel

Not a single one of them is worth more to this team than Jamal. We also haven't been in financial straights yet we still haven't signed any of them. Nor has any of the other 31 teams. Try again.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2020, 06:56:14 PM »
I listened to the OTC podcast (fag, I know).  Mentioned maybe throwing him a few bucks forward this year from next year's cash as a peace offering for shutting up and waiting until next year.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2020, 07:33:51 PM »
Replaceable, easily
Nothing special
Highest TD allowed by a nickel

Not a single one of them is worth more to this team than Jamal. We also haven't been in financial straights yet we still haven't signed any of them. Nor has any of the other 31 teams. Try again.
But that's not the comparison.

Jamal is under contract for two more years. And we have control of him for a 3rd.

Why am I willingly going to pay more for him when I dont need to?
Why wouldn't I spend that money on positions I need?
Why would i set a precedent that contracts mean excrement with my players?

I'm sorry, but there is literally no reason to pay him more money this year.  You want to argue for next year in all for it, but this year he plays on his contract.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2020, 07:37:43 PM »
Hey I just heard Sam Darnold wants more money we should probably pay him.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2020, 08:03:21 PM »
excrement quinnen just asked for a new contract too now

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2020, 08:43:31 PM »

Paaaancakes...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2020, 08:46:50 PM »

Jamal is under contract for two more years. And we have control of him for a 3rd.

Why am I willingly going to pay more for him when I dont need to?

Because otherwise, he will likely hold out. And because in theory, this would be a great time to sign Jamal because we might not have to pay quite as much as we would in a year or two. If he wants to talk extension, fine, we have the leverage at this point.

If we can't get a contract done because Jamal and his representatives don't recognize that, then that's fine, we'll wait. We don't know what negotiations have gone on, if any. All we heard was JD say that he'll talk to Jamal sometime after the draft, and now we've heard Jamal say that hasn't happened yet.

Why wouldn't I spend that money on positions I need?

Sure, why pay the best safety in the NFL when we can sign Demaryius Thomas because we need a WR? I would argue that the biggest position of need for the Jets are IMPACT players. Jamal is an impact player.

Why would i set a precedent that contracts mean excrement with my players?

Contracts don't mean excrement. You know that. The players know that. The owners know that. freak a precedent - that's just common knowledge. Players can get cut at any time for not performing to their contract. So I can't argue with Jamal for wanting more money for obviously exceeding his contract.

Look, I'm not saying the Jets have to sign Jamal Adams. But the board turning on Jamal because of a couple of social media posts is freaking stupid. He's a great player, and he's done nothing wrong. I don't care what he posts on Instagram.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2020, 07:40:44 AM »
Jamal has been a bitch on twitter/social media for most of his time here. That's certainly not going to change (even if he does get his new deal).

Adams is a big time star in the league, and a stellar locker room guy. I don't give a freak about his 'twitter game.' We need to pay the guy, and it's basically that simple. If his demands are sane he needs to be a Jet. If he wants to reset the market at S by 20% or something, that is a very different thing that needs to be discussed/handled. But until we hear that is his demands, I expect Douglas to pay him. It might not be as quickly as Adams wants, but I fully expect it will happen.
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2020, 08:04:02 AM »
Contracts don't mean excrement. You know that. The players know that. The owners know that. freak a precedent - that's just common knowledge. Players can get cut at any time for not performing to their contract. So I can't argue with Jamal for wanting more money for obviously exceeding his contract.

Look, I'm not saying the Jets have to sign Jamal Adams. But the board turning on Jamal because of a couple of social media posts is freaking stupid. He's a great player, and he's done nothing wrong. I don't care what he posts on Instagram.

THIIIIS.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
There is a difference between saying you want a new contract and complaining about it every other week.

Its freaking June.
We're entering a recession
Our country is in turmoil
The season may not even happen
Next years salary cap will likely decrease for the first time in 15 years

It's just completely tone deaf to consistently be complaining about his contract to the public right now and it shows where his priorities are.

It's the same thing as people at my company asking for bonuses and raises while most companies are firing and furloughing people.  People on town halls asking if we can expense meals after the CEO tells the company they're doing everything in their power to not have to fire a single employee.

If myles garrett gets a new contract I'll eat my hat, but no one is getting a huge contract extension right now given the climate of everything that is going on, especially someone under contract.

I have no interest in trading jamal, but if hes doing this now he will do it again 2 years after he signs his contract.  And you best believe he wants to be played like a top 10 defensive player in the league 16m+ a year

Tags: