Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87589 times)

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2020, 03:10:18 PM »
Darrelle Revis was a pain in the derriere during his holdout, but Jamal Adams is acting like a baby boy bitch on social media. 

Mal is 100% worse. Revis was a pain in the derriere mostly because we were a championship caliber team at the time and obviously needed him coming off of the incredible 2009 year. Mal is valuable but not as much as Revis 2009, and the team is way worse, yet Mal is the one who is way more vocally complaining.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2020, 03:14:25 PM »
Mal is 100% worse. Revis was a pain in the derriere mostly because we were a championship caliber team at the time and obviously needed him coming off of the incredible 2009 year. Mal is valuable but not as much as Revis 2009, and the team is way worse, yet Mal is the one who is way more vocally complaining.

Darrelle Revis was also the clearcut best player at his position and corner is way more valuable than safety.

For all the talk of Adam's leadership abilities, he's showing his derriere with this one. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2020, 03:16:35 PM »
Damn, he's a whiny little bitch.  It sucks that he's such a great player.
He is annoying.  I understand though, he has very little leverage, which is basically just being a pain in the derriere until the Jets cave.  He's just playing his cards.  Probably won't work, but probably worth trying from his standpoint.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2020, 03:27:28 PM »
He is annoying.  I understand though, he has very little leverage, which is basically just being a pain in the derriere until the Jets cave.  He's just playing his cards.  Probably won't work, but probably worth trying from his standpoint.

I don't understand it at all.

He is handling this completely wrong.  He should know better too.  His dad played in the league.  It's not like he's playing for peanuts like Robby Anderson was. 

He's on his way to a $10M fifth year option. 

Bad teams overspend on players.  I want to keep him here forever because he's an awesome player, but not at an absurd cost.  That money can be used to help Sam Darnold right now.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2020, 03:33:29 PM »

He is handling this completely wrong.  He should know better too.  His dad played in the league.  It's not like he's playing for peanuts like Robby Anderson was. 

Bad teams overspend on players.  I want to keep him here forever because he's an awesome player, but not at an absurd cost.  That money can be used to help Sam Darnold right now.

I understand why he won't get paid this year now matter how much he bitches.  It's the uncertainty of the cap # next year with Covid.  Same reason why there are so many talented vets still available.  No team wants to pony up money with so much uncertainty. 

I wouldn't bitch like he is, but I'm not him.  Now if what he says is true and they promised him a proposal in January, then that's on the team.  They shouldn't have promised him any offer if they aren't going to sign him anyway.  Joe D will just let this fizzle out and deal with it next year.  Who knows if it's true anyway, Jamal knows the Jets aren't going to get in a pissing match online so he can say whatever he wants. 

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2020, 03:35:23 PM »
Cowboys first and Lamb for Adams

Yay or nay

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2020, 03:41:41 PM »

Yay or nay

They would never do that but also yes

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2020, 03:53:02 PM »

His dad played in the league, so he probably knows how the league works, but that also could mean he knows that this is a business and to get your money when you can. That's what Sean Gilbert taught Revis. Maybe if Instagram were around then, Revis would have been more angry online, too. He seemed to just let Geiger do his talking for him IIRC.

I just really hope the Jets don't screw this up. It's hard to know what side to be angry at. It's not a good look for Jamal to be whining on social media. It's not a good look for Joe Douglas if he's having issues with the team's best player.

The Jets have leverage in that they control Jamal's rights for a reasonable salary, but if Jamal wants to hold out and make this a big issue, he has leverage that way.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2020, 03:54:20 PM »

Yay or nay
Man. I always said I wanted two 1st-round picks at the minimum if we traded Adams.

I've never said yes to a trade, but I have a bad feeling where this is going, so I'll give a tentative Yay.

Cowboys would not do it though.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2020, 03:57:17 PM »
I don't really want Lamb. Maybe someone else.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2020, 04:29:30 PM »
I'm generally in favor of players doing whatever they need to do to get paid while they can.  Using the fist emoji and #staywoke in service of getting a multi-million dollar extension a year early seems remarkably tone deaf, however.  Tacky at best. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2020, 04:46:31 PM »

Yay or nay
2 firsts instead of Lamb and a first....and I’ll drive him to the airport myself
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2020, 04:49:02 PM »
I'm not willing to consider this question because I'm not yet ready to process the idea of our best player once again leaving in or before his prime to go and be a star somewhere else.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2020, 04:51:01 PM »
I'm not willing to consider this question because I'm not yet ready to process the idea of our best player once again leaving in or before his prime to go and be a star somewhere else.
Yeah, same here.  This will blow over like one of MB's farts at a landfill

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2020, 05:38:14 PM »
Yeah, same here.  This will blow over like one of MB's farts at a landfill
My landfill farts are forever.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: