Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 87619 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2020, 10:13:38 PM »
What could they possibly want to wait and see about?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2020, 10:32:08 PM »
What could they possibly want to wait and see about?
The Johnsons are tightening their wallet in fear of future Biden's progressive tax hikes on the wea-hahahahaha yeah right

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2020, 10:57:50 PM »
The only thing I can think of is “maybe he’ll get injured so we can pay him less.” Seriously we extended Ryan Griffin already. Right now Jamal is the only one on the team that deserves a new, better contract.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2020, 07:22:41 AM »
The only thing I can think of is “maybe he’ll get injured so we can pay him less.” Seriously we extended Ryan Griffin already. Right now Jamal is the only one on the team that deserves a new, better contract.
Could be that Joe Douglas wants to set a precedent with the team regarding early contract talks. Everyone wants Jamal here but the team still has two-three more years of control. He was the 6th overall pick, not a UDFA, he’ll be fine.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2020, 09:42:28 AM »
I’d also like to point out that Douglas mentioned a couple weeks ago that at some point THIS OFFSEASON he would sit down with Jamals agents. Guess what it’s still this offseason, it’s only been a few weeks since the draft and the entire country is in turmoil.

Perhaps JD is taking his time here when he’s clearly got 50 million things to worry about
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2020, 10:03:56 AM »
"If you two wanna turn yourselves into a greasy spot on a country road somewhere, go right ahead. I don't give a excrement and I don't think anybody else does, regardless what they say to your face. But you two monkeys are not going to do it on my racetrack. Now y'all heard of a "Japanese Inspection?" Japanese Inpsection, you see, when the Japs get in a load of lettuce they're not sure they wanna let in the country, why they'll just let it sit there on the dock 'til they get good and ready to look at. But then of course, it's all gone rotten... ain't nothing left to inspect. You see, lettuce is a perishable item... like you two monkeys. You trade paint one more time, you so much as touch, I'm gonna Black Flag the two of you, and take apart your racecars for three-hundred laps. Then, if you pass inspection and you put your cars back together, I might let you back into the race. Now, just to show there's no hard feelings we're all gonna go out to dinner together."

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2020, 05:49:53 PM »
Everyone but him says the Jets have no interest in trading him and are just disagreeing on timing because of the uncertainty from coronavirus next year.

Not gonna hang my hat on Gary freaking Myers.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2020, 06:37:55 PM »
Joe Douglas should be coughed on for anything less than 2 first round picks for Jamal.

Having said that, I think Jamal eventually re-signs here anyway.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2020, 06:46:13 PM »
Joe Douglas should be coughed on for anything less than 2 first round picks for Jamal.

Having said that, I think Jamal eventually re-signs here anyway.
The only leverage Jamal has is to be a complete asshat distraction to the point the Jets just bail.  He likes football too much to risk sitting out.  I can't blame him and his agent for trying to push all the buttons they can, but Big Doug knows he has a Royal Flush in this game.

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2020, 06:58:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/garymyersny/status/1263892442660646912?s=21

Naaaaaahhh....

If there is any legitimacy to this, the starting point should be CeeDee Lamb and next year's 1st.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2020, 07:17:45 PM »
@fishsports: The #jets want a 1 and a 3 in trade. @michaelirvin88 reported it via @1053thefan ... We've confirmed that's the range. And we've confirmed some NY execs are pissed that it's leaked. TRUE.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2020, 07:24:38 PM »
@fishsports: The #jets want a 1 and a 3 in trade. @michaelirvin88 reported it via @1053thefan ... We've confirmed that's the range. And we've confirmed some NY execs are pissed that it's leaked. TRUE.

TRUE.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2020, 07:31:27 PM »
Incarceratedbob confirm yet?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh