Author Topic: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams  (Read 89856 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Blitz Boi Jamal Adams
« Reply #1020 on: November 09, 2020, 11:01:59 AM »
We could be 0-8 with him here bitching, complaining and wanting to be paid more.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1021 on: November 09, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »
Jamal Adams now ranks No. 78 out of 92 safeties in PFF's coverage grade

My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1022 on: November 09, 2020, 01:22:08 PM »
Tomorrow is a year since he pickpocketed Danny whatever and ran for a TD. I was there, it was fun.

That said, a big hit or two per game doesn't usually equal wins, we couldn't get off the field on third down with him and we still can't. Money well not spent.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1023 on: November 09, 2020, 01:22:54 PM »

OK, but that's a bit disingenuous, isn't it? No one ever claimed he was the second coming of Ed Reed; he's just the best Spur in the NFL. He has more sacks than Chase Young or DeMarcus Lawrence and he's played half the number of games they have; his sack per game rate ranks him tied 4th in the league with TJ Watt, and better than some genuine star DEs and LBs on monster money. In fact, the only players putting up a better S/G than Adams are Myles Garrett, Aaron Donald and Trey Hendrickson.

"Hur dur look how much they gave up for a safety who can't cover" doesn't work quite as well when you consider that he's still better in coverage than the vast majority of linebackers AND gets more sacks than them.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1024 on: November 09, 2020, 01:26:47 PM »
OK, but that's a bit disingenuous, isn't it? No one ever claimed he was the second coming of Ed Reed; he's just the best Spur in the NFL. He has more sacks than Chase Young or DeMarcus Lawrence and he's played half the number of games they have; his sack per game rate ranks him tied 4th in the league with TJ Watt, and better than some genuine star DEs and LBs on monster money. In fact, the only players putting up a better S/G than Adams are Myles Garrett, Aaron Donald and Trey Hendrickson.

"Hur dur look how much they gave up for a safety who can't cover" doesn't work quite as well when you consider that he's still better in coverage than the vast majority of linebackers AND gets more sacks than them.

I think he's a great player, and wanted him to stay for a long time. But in hindsight his constant bitching and need for a big contract made him more of a pain in the derriere than a help. I think we're still 0-8 if we kept him. If you add him to the Rex D with Revis and Cromartie back there, he'd make much more of a difference.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1025 on: November 09, 2020, 01:28:49 PM »

He's not good in coverage.....at all.  He's an overpriced Eric Smith.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1026 on: November 09, 2020, 01:30:13 PM »
Jamal is a great player, but getting two 1st-round picks for him continues to age well.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1027 on: November 09, 2020, 01:31:48 PM »
He's not good in coverage.....at all.  He's an overpriced Eric Smith.

Like I said:

he's still better in coverage than the vast majority of linebackers AND gets more sacks than them.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1028 on: November 09, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »
Jamal is a great player, but getting two 1st-round picks for him continues to age well.

He's excellent on the pass rush, but i don't see anything else that really stands out.  Does he even have an interception yet?

The Seahawks GM may need a rape kit after what Joe Douglas did to him
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1029 on: November 09, 2020, 01:39:35 PM »
Seattle’s defense isn’t any good this year and it certainly hasn’t improved by adding him. I don’t think anyone here has watched enough to gauge his true impact but I feel comfortable in saying that whatever value he has added as a pass rusher has been negated by him being a huge liability in coverage.

It should also be noted that Seattle has a much different scheme, are using him differently than we did, and asking him to cover more.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1030 on: November 09, 2020, 01:45:01 PM »
Seattle’s defense isn’t any good this year and it certainly hasn’t improved by adding him. I don’t think anyone here has watched enough to gauge his true impact but I feel comfortable in saying that whatever value he has added as a pass rusher has been negated by him being a huge liability in coverage.

It should also be noted that Seattle has a much different scheme, are using him differently than we did, and asking him to cover more.

If there's an argument that he is a scheme-specific and/or -dependent player, and that Seattle haven't figured that scheme out yet, I'm willing to accept it. Again, consider him a Spur rather than a safety and the filter changes; I agree that not every team has, wants or could use a player in that role, but teams that can and do can get a lot of value from it. Just ask the 2019 Jets.

Imagine Belichick getting his hands on a player like that. He'd create havoc.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1031 on: November 09, 2020, 01:49:10 PM »
Thinking he isn't a great player because he wanted out is just sour grapes. Thinking that getting 2 1sts + a 3rd for him is robbery is still possible even if you concede he's a great player; it's okay. The Raiders might have made out getting less for Khalil Mack who is an inherently superior player.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1032 on: November 09, 2020, 01:53:45 PM »
If there's an argument that he is a scheme-specific and/or -dependent player, and that Seattle haven't figured that scheme out yet, I'm willing to accept it. Again, consider him a Spur rather than a safety and the filter changes; I agree that not every team has, wants or could use a player in that role, but teams that can and do can get a lot of value from it. Just ask the 2019 Jets.

Imagine Belichick getting his hands on a player like that. He'd create havoc.
The fact that you admit that "not every team wants or could use a player in that role" is basically admission we got a good deal. We got two 1st-round picks for a safety that you just admitted needs to be in the right scheme to work. And he needs a new contract. And he would have been a massive pain in the derriere this year and probably wouldn't have wanted to resign.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1033 on: November 09, 2020, 01:54:13 PM »
Thinking he isn't a great player because he wanted out is just sour grapes. Thinking that getting 2 1sts + a 3rd for him is robbery is still possible even if you concede he's a great player; it's okay. The Raiders might have made out getting less for Khalil Mack who is an inherently superior player.

watching him excrement on Pete Carroll on the sidelines makes that deal all the sweeter.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1034 on: November 09, 2020, 01:55:59 PM »

Yeah but can he cover a TE or slot WR?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: