Author Topic: Why is Brian Winters still on the Jets?  (Read 6878 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Why is Brian Winters still on the Jets?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 11:53:54 AM »
We can't trade him.

He is coming off of an injury and players can't get physicals right now. 

That probably has a lot to do with why Cam Newton wasn't traded.
Maybe we could pay 99% of his salary and trade him for for a conditional ZJ in 2037.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 01:41:06 PM »
This forum needs awards, because this topic already wins "Thread of the Year" in my book.

Brian Winters must go.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 02:16:23 PM »
I know who is getting the award for best Broken Lizard reference.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 02:21:09 PM »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 03:22:19 PM »
Are Van Roten and Lewis better than a healthy Winters? Maybe they want to see Winters' medicals and if he is healthy, he can compete for a job. The problem is it is so hard to trust his health at this point.

Or maybe JD is just hoarding 1-year deals.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 03:31:23 PM »
Are Van Roten and Lewis better than a healthy Winters? Maybe they want to see Winters' medicals and if he is healthy, he can compete for a job. The problem is it is so hard to trust his health at this point.

Or maybe JD is just hoarding 1-year deals.

Van Roten is a much better fit in the zone scheme.  I don't think Alex Lewis is better than Winters, but he's cheaper. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2020, 03:40:17 PM »
is there still a floor on the salary cap? arent we pretty far from the cap still?

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 03:53:19 PM »
Van Roten is a much better fit in the zone scheme.  I don't think Alex Lewis is better than Winters, but he's cheaper.

Aye aye . Seconded

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2020, 10:38:00 PM »
Prefer to keep him considering how excrement our OL is. He’s upgradeable but not with anything that’s available in free agency at the moment

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 10:12:25 AM »
I don’t like him but from a roster perspective it makes sense. We’re probably better off with him stepping in due to injury than the other OG we signed from Philly. There’s also a very real possibility he could beat Lewis outright in a TC competition. Still would rather pick up a Gord in the latter rounds of the draft.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 10:38:12 AM »
I don’t like him but from a roster perspective it makes sense. We’re probably better off with him stepping in due to injury than the other OG we signed from Philly. There’s also a very real possibility he could beat Lewis outright in a TC competition. Still would rather pick up a Gord in the latter rounds of the draft.

I mean Alex Lewis contract strongly suggests he's gonna be starting. Unless we felt like he deserves to be one of the highest paid backup guards in the league

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 11:34:37 AM »
I mean Alex Lewis contract strongly suggests he's gonna be starting. Unless we felt like he deserves to be one of the highest paid backup guards in the league

I would rather pay guys like Fant and Lewis a ton to be backups than be forced to trot out what our OL looked like towards the end of last season

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 11:48:55 AM »
I would rather pay guys like Fant and Lewis a ton to be backups than be forced to trot out what our OL looked like towards the end of last season

I don't disagree. At the end of the day having the best OL product on the field has to be the number one priority. But with the amount of holes on this team, do we really want to be paying our backup OL on excess of 20 million dollars next season. If that's the case then it seems like some questionable moves were made and he may have been hedging his bets

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 12:42:13 PM »
I don't disagree. At the end of the day having the best OL product on the field has to be the number one priority. But with the amount of holes on this team, do we really want to be paying our backup OL on excess of 20 million dollars next season. If that's the case then it seems like some questionable moves were made and he may have been hedging his bets

It was always going to take more than a year to rebuild the Oline. 2019 was a historically bad unit, then add in the all the injuries and a few guys that were free agents and it’s a complete dumpster fire of a situation.

Pending the draft, Douglas has done a damn good job in one offseason, considering the hand he was dealt.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 12:49:03 PM »
It was always going to take more than a year to rebuild the Oline. 2019 was a historically bad unit, then add in the all the injuries and a few guys that were free agents and it’s a complete dumpster fire of a situation.

Pending the draft, Douglas has done a damn good job in one offseason, considering the hand he was dealt.

Just think that there are what 3 units on the team that are any good? QB, ILB and S. He has to fix every other unit on the team. He got dealt the shittiest hand a GM could be dealt. Duff freaking sucked.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: