Author Topic: Quarantine TV sports  (Read 9059 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Quarantine TV sports
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 02:11:33 PM »
Finally saw Game 6 on Knicks-Indiana from 1999 when we made the Finals. I was stuck in O'Hare that night and never got to see that game until the other night. MSG has been showing a lot of good stuff from the 80s and 90s.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 11:50:22 AM »
Bundesliga looks like it could return May 9th, just awaiting approval from the German government. Will be played in empty stadia with a maximum of 300 people totalled allowed in (staff, players etc) and all players tested weekly for COVID.

If this happens, then as the first major sports league in the world to resume service it's likely going to have a massive viewership boost from people just desperate to watch any kind of sport.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2020, 12:39:41 AM »
Bundesliga looks like it could return May 9th, just awaiting approval from the German government. Will be played in empty stadia with a maximum of 300 people totalled allowed in (staff, players etc) and all players tested weekly for COVID.

If this happens, then as the first major sports league in the world to resume service it's likely going to have a massive viewership boost from people just desperate to watch any kind of sport.

I'll watch.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Quarantine TV sports
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2020, 12:58:36 AM »
I'll watch.
They don’t freak each other up the derriere be in the Bundesliga so it may not be your speed

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2020, 01:31:44 AM »
They don’t freak each other up the derriere be in the Bundesliga so it may not be your speed
Nor yours
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2020, 09:07:16 AM »
Devils Cup marathon on MSG Saturday, if MJ sees this. Take a break from your bundle of sticks Bulls documentary.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2020, 02:42:47 PM »
Devils Cup marathon on MSG Saturday, if MJ sees this. Take a break from your bundle of sticks Bulls documentary.

;D ;D

Loved the first two episodes, but I felt horrible for Krause watching that. There's a lot they didn't get into in terms of Phil petulantly doing the "this is my last year because I can't motivate these guys anymore" bit that he did every offseason, or other things in terms of ego-management or owner directives from Jerry's perspective that we can't get into because he's dead. I have sincere doubts if Jordan returns if the supporting cast at that point would have been good enough to beat the Spurs and their twin towers in 99. Rodman was totally shot, Pippen was still exceptional but not a top 10 player in the league anymore and they had no depth in terms of big men outside of Longley who was also immobile and fragile at that point. Where Krause and Reinsdorf (who's the biggest jackoff alive and would absolutely be James Dolan central if Portland doesn't take Same Bowie) erred is not taking care of Pippen after the 95 season when it was blatantly obvious how underpaid he was. Otherwise the run was beautiful and if anything, the breakup occurring the way it did has given it added mystique because unlike most other notable dynasty's it didn't conclude by losing on the court.

Glad to see all those years of sucking the teams derriere got Rick Telander in the show though, what a freaking clod.

I actually found Heaven in my old VHS tapes that I somehow have up at my house and didn't leave at my parents. Of course, I don't have a VCR so I'm excrement out of luck until the local Savers reopens.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2020, 03:17:13 AM »
;D ;D

Loved the first two episodes, but I felt horrible for Krause watching that. There's a lot they didn't get into in terms of Phil petulantly doing the "this is my last year because I can't motivate these guys anymore" bit that he did every offseason, or other things in terms of ego-management or owner directives from Jerry's perspective that we can't get into because he's dead. I have sincere doubts if Jordan returns if the supporting cast at that point would have been good enough to beat the Spurs and their twin towers in 99. Rodman was totally shot, Pippen was still exceptional but not a top 10 player in the league anymore and they had no depth in terms of big men outside of Longley who was also immobile and fragile at that point. Where Krause and Reinsdorf (who's the biggest jackoff alive and would absolutely be James Dolan central if Portland doesn't take Same Bowie) erred is not taking care of Pippen after the 95 season when it was blatantly obvious how underpaid he was. Otherwise the run was beautiful and if anything, the breakup occurring the way it did has given it added mystique because unlike most other notable dynasty's it didn't conclude by losing on the court.

Glad to see all those years of sucking the teams derriere got Rick Telander in the show though, what a freaking clod.

I actually found Heaven in my old VHS tapes that I somehow have up at my house and didn't leave at my parents. Of course, I don't have a VCR so I'm excrement out of luck until the local Savers reopens.

I actually watched it because I've already seen Ewing's whole career again. The 99 Knicks were formidable when at full strength, with Ewing, LJ, Houston starting, Sprewell and Camby coming off the bench. They reached the Finals at half strength with Ewing and LJ hurt.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2020, 06:31:30 PM »
Watching 2003 Game 7, Devils vs Ducks. Last championship for any of my teams and HD wasn't invented yet.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2020, 04:23:06 AM »
Watching 2003 Game 7, Devils vs Ducks. Last championship for any of my teams and HD wasn't invented yet.

On one hand who gives a freak given the result, but on the other-freak the voters for robbing MB out off the Conn Smythe, and freak Barry Melrose for admonishing Devils fans because they booed Giguere when he was announced as the winner.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2020, 07:30:19 AM »
freak Giguere.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2020, 09:16:44 AM »
freak Giguere.

That's what I'm saying.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2020, 07:45:51 PM »
Don't know about US broadcast channels (this is UK), but live sport is back.

A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2020, 10:33:55 AM »
On one hand who gives a freak given the result, but on the other-freak the voters for robbing MB out off the Conn Smythe, and freak Barry Melrose for admonishing Devils fans because they booed Giguere when he was announced as the winner.

Agreed. Even more egregious because Marty was already one of the greatest goaltenders of all time, if not the greatest. Had it been the other way around and they gave the award to the legend it would still be wrong but at least more understandable. Or if the roles were reversed with Brodeur vs Roy in 2001 and they gave Roy the Conn Smythe. It's why I only really pay attention to titles that are earned and not awarded. By 2003 Marty had won three Cups, a gold medal for Canada and was in a Game 7 vs Roy for another Cup. Giguere had a cool nickname on SportsCenter.

In the end, like you said, I'll take the win and the Cup. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2020, 05:45:07 PM »
Devils fans find a bag of fifties and bitch its not a bag of 100's. Grandma Moses could have played goalie for you guys and won, MB one of the most overrated goalies of all time. He certainly wasn't top 2 of his own era let alone all time.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 05:47:11 PM by Miamipuck »