Author Topic: LOLffensive Skill Players  (Read 29141 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Offensive Skill Players
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2020, 07:34:08 PM »
Sanchez was a ticking time bomb with confidence and pocket presence. Ray Lewis called it in the preseason of Sanchez's rookie year, hit him and he'll fold. Once the front office stopped bringing in quality offensive line talent he was done.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2020, 09:16:14 AM »
1.  You must be forgetting the 5 or 6 game winning drives Mark had in year 2

I've watched each one about a dozen times, was at the Houston game. Was all in at the time.

Seriously, Sanchez started his career with arguably the best OL and Defense in the league. Yet somehow because he had a few receivers come and go people cry for him like he got thrown to the wolves.

Sanchez showed what he was, a poor decision maker that could not read defenses well and was prone to turning it over. If he was a great QB he would have worked out for someone else. Instead he’s on TV these days.

Great O line, #1 running game and Rex's D with Revis in his prime. To his credit he made the most of it, but time ultimately exposes you for what you are. He would have at least had a run as a starter somewhere in the next ten years if he was close to as good as we all thought/hoped he was.

Say what you will about Dirty...he still holds the Jets franchise record for most playoff wins by a QB

Always love him for that, he stepped up late season and playoffs those first two years. No hard feelings towards him but you have to have some perspective. Changing a couple WRs didn't ruin his career, he just wasn't that good. The best WR he had, Holmes, was the one they committed to and he excrement the bed, everyone leaves that part out.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2020, 11:19:06 AM »
That OLine went from great to questionable pretty quickly. Even with brick and Mangold in there the rest of the supporting cast went pretty far down hill after Faneca and Woody left.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2020, 11:59:13 AM »
That OLine went from great to questionable pretty quickly. Even with brick and Mangold in there the rest of the supporting cast went pretty far down hill after Faneca and Woody left.

And the grading curve changes. As a rookie, second year guy, you live with turnovers, dumb mistakes etc because you feel like he'll get past it. By year 4 when he's still doing the same excrement, that's on him, not the coach or whatever WR we may or may not have wanted.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2020, 12:17:13 PM »
And the grading curve changes. As a rookie, second year guy, you live with turnovers, dumb mistakes etc because you feel like he'll get past it. By year 4 when he's still doing the same excrement, that's on him, not the coach or whatever WR we may or may not have wanted.

#FireRex
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2020, 01:30:03 PM »

WAYNE HUNTER

Worst OL I’ve ever watched in my life. Had a much bigger impact on Sanchez than any of his receivers leaving did.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2020, 01:43:59 PM »

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the team ruined a future HOF player, I just think there were more things wrong with that team than Sanchez.

Like this:

WAYNE HUNTER

Worst OL I’ve ever watched in my life. Had a much bigger impact on Sanchez than any of his receivers leaving did.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2020, 04:40:13 PM »
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the team ruined a future HOF player, I just think there were more things wrong with that team than Sanchez.

Agreed.  In my opinion the best way to explain it is, Sanchez was a problem in year 4, but he wasn't the reason we regressed.  The reason we fell apart was because a lack of continuity, poor offensive weapons, and an attrocious o line.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 04:54:47 PM »
Daniel Jeremiah
@MoveTheSticks
·
3h
CeeDee Lamb would be a perfect present for Sam Darnold or Derek Carr. Day one #1 WR for both teams.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2020, 05:09:09 PM »
I don't have evidence or any skill to know, but CeeDee Lamb is gonna be good.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2020, 05:36:31 PM »
I don't have evidence or any skill to know, but CeeDee Lamb is gonna be good.

+1

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2020, 09:01:15 PM »

Well, in fact his best season statistically was the third. Then we brought Tebow and the shitstorm started to happen, and then Rex made him play a meaningless preseason game...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2020, 09:58:05 PM »
Well, in fact his best season statistically was the third. Then we brought Tebow and the shitstorm started to happen, and then Rex made him play a meaningless preseason game...
Yup

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2020, 10:55:51 PM »
That 3rd year we were 8-5 and looked to be headed back to the playoffs.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2020, 03:22:51 PM »
Looks like we were going to be putting some faith in either Smith or Doctson to be a contributor. Or we will sign a veteran.

I was hoping we would leave the draft with Enunwa as a pure bonus but instead we may be counting on his health.

Tags: