Author Topic: LOLffensive Skill Players  (Read 29258 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Offensive Skill Players
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2020, 07:00:34 AM »
CeeDee Lamb and Jalen Reagor
Jerry Jeudy and Devin Duvernay
Henry Ruggs and Justin Jefferson
Laviska Shenault and Lynn Bowman
Tee Higgins and Michael Pittman

https://twitter.com/the3rdferd/status/1242559232613834753?s=21
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2020, 07:13:09 AM »
Alright I’m back, had to uncontrollably vomit
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2020, 08:50:56 AM »
Holy excrement that’s sad. I also completely forgot about Jordan White.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2020, 11:32:50 AM »
How did we go from 2008 to 2011 without taking a WR? Seriously we haven’t drafted a useful WR outside of Enunwa in 2014 since Cotchery in 04’.

Literally we have drafted 2 WRs who made significant contributions to us since 2004. What in the freak?
Need a new one for a new board...

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2020, 11:36:48 AM »

How did we go from 2008 to 2011 without taking a WR? Seriously we haven’t drafted a useful WR outside of Enunwa in 2014 since Cotchery in 04’.

Literally we have drafted 2 WRs who made significant contributions to us since 2004. What in the freak?

The Jets are probably the single worst drafting team in the last 2 decades. It's unreal how bad they are. I am not sure if it's a mix of not being able to predict talent, poor coaching of prospects and a poor learning environment. Whatever it is this franchise sucks at talent acquisition and development. It's not just WR's, it's pretty much every single position.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2020, 11:45:47 AM »
The Jets are probably the single worst drafting team in the last 2 decades. It's unreal how bad they are. I am not sure if it's a mix of not being able to predict talent, poor coaching of prospects and a poor learning environment. Whatever it is this franchise sucks at talent acquisition and development. It's not just WR's, it's pretty much every single position.

Yep, you're exactly right.  It's on both sides of the ball. 

Aside from Jamal Adams, who was a no-brainer, the best prospect we've probably acquired in the past decade is Snacks Harrison.  Leonard Williams Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, Darron Lee, Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson...what the hell.

It says a lot when a UDFA nose tackle is one of the best prospects to come out of the franchise.

We are so bad at drafting talent that Robby Anderson, who really isn't that good of a receiver, is seen as one of the best offensive weapons we've had in quite some time (because he is).

I'm hoping that Chris Herndon turns into a solid player.  Obviously, the most important player is Sam Darnold but he's far from a lock right now.  Quinnen Williams has all the potential in the world, let's just hope Gregg Williams taps into it. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2020, 11:56:32 AM »
Yep, you're exactly right.  It's on both sides of the ball. 

Aside from Jamal Adams, who was a no-brainer, the best prospect we've probably acquired in the past decade is Snacks Harrison.  Leonard Williams Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, Darron Lee, Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson...what the hell.

It says a lot when a UDFA nose tackle is one of the best prospects to come out of the franchise.

We are so bad at drafting talent that Robby Anderson, who really isn't that good of a receiver, is seen as one of the best offensive weapons we've had in quite some time (because he is).

I'm hoping that Chris Herndon turns into a solid player.  Obviously, the most important player is Sam Darnold but he's far from a lock right now.  Quinnen Williams has all the potential in the world, let's just hope Gregg Williams taps into it. 

With the same owners the problem is how do they fix it. You have to be blind not to see how bad the Jets actually are at this entire process. It's not just bad but generationally bad.

If the Jets went out of their way to be this bad at talent acquisition I am not sure they could do a better job.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:58:07 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2020, 12:10:53 PM »
With the same owners the problem is how do they fix it. You have to be blind not to see how bad the Jets actually are at this entire process. It's not just bad but generationally bad.

If the Jets went out of their way to be this bad at talent acquisition I am not sure they could do a better job.

We just have to hope that they got it right this time.

Joe Douglas comes from a front office tree that has been very successful.  Maybe he's the guy to finally stabilize this franchise.  He's done a hell of a job telling homegrown FAs and outside FAs that he's not getting into bidding wars for them.  We've never seen that from a GM.  Tannenbaum, Idzik, and Maccagnan always seemed to bid against themselves.  JD doesn't seem like he's going to do that.

His approach to free agency this year was very cool to see.  Now we just wait to see how he drafts. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2020, 12:17:05 PM »

Joe Douglas comes from a front office tree that has been very successful.  Maybe he's the guy to finally stabilize this franchise.  He's done a hell of a job telling homegrown FAs and outside FAs that he's not getting into bidding wars for them.  We've never seen that from a GM.  Tannenbaum, Idzik, and Maccagnan always seemed to bid against themselves.  JD doesn't seem like he's going to do that.

His approach to free agency this year was very cool to see.  Now we just wait to see how he drafts. 

It's refreshing and all for sure, it's just after hoping for 20 years and 4 GM's, hopefully they can get it right.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2020, 12:44:20 PM »

I am basing my judgement of his FA performance on how George Fant looks in pads. That one looks like a real flier.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2020, 10:43:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/the3rdferd/status/1242559232613834753?s=21
This is why I haven’t given the coaches much flack. Our drafting has been abyzmul. I think the coach is an easy scapegoat for an awful roster

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2020, 01:00:30 AM »

During 2008-2011 we traded for Edwards and Holmes and later signed Burress, with Cotchery still on the team. Brad Smith technically wasn't a WR in the draft but he also played there some. I forget how we got Kerley.

So we addressed WR but not in the draft, except the picks we traded for veterans. Worked for the short term, better than using #2s on Stephen Hill and Devin Smith.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2020, 01:05:21 AM »
This is why I haven’t given the coaches much flack. Our drafting has been abyzmul. I think the coach is an easy scapegoat for an awful roster
That's a big reason why I was willing to give Gase another year. I turned on Bowles in Year 2 because he was way too conservative and completely lost the locker room, and I thought the flaws he showed wouldn't correct themselves here. And I really wanted to like Bowles - I thought he was a great hire. Going into Year 2, I was high on Bowles, and he squandered all of that good will. Gase squandered a lot of his good will, but there's still time to turn it around.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2020, 08:22:44 AM »
During 2008-2011 we traded for Edwards and Holmes and later signed Burress, with Cotchery still on the team. Brad Smith technically wasn't a WR in the draft but he also played there some. I forget how we got Kerley.

So we addressed WR but not in the draft, except the picks we traded for veterans. Worked for the short term, better than using #2s on Stephen Hill and Devin Smith.

Kerley was a 5th round pick

Tags: