Author Topic: LOLffensive Skill Players  (Read 29146 times)

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
LOLffensive Skill Players
« on: March 24, 2020, 03:07:36 PM »
I think we should spend quarantine time discussing the weapons (or lack thereof) around Sam. I feel good about the TE's we have. WR needs a lot of help, which we can address in draft. Hopefully Bell will be more productive behind the improved OL

Here's who we got:

Tight Ends
Ryan Griffin
Chris Herndon
Trevon Wesco

Wide Receivers
Josh Bellamy
Braxton Berrios
Jamison Crowder
Josh Doctson
Quincy "Mr. Glass" Enunwa
Vyncint Smith

Running Back
Le'veon Bell
Josh Adams
Trenton Cannon
Kenneth Dixon
Jalin Moore

Available FA
B. Perriman
Tajae Sharpe
Devin Funchess
Devonta Freeman

How do we improve this group? Discuss.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 02:38:03 PM by Heismanberg »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Offensive Skill Players
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 03:09:50 PM »
CeeDee Lamb and Jalen Reagor
Jerry Jeudy and Devin Duvernay
Henry Ruggs and Justin Jefferson
Laviska Shenault and Lynn Bowman
Tee Higgins and Michael Pittman

Sign a vet WR who is decent (Perriman?) and load up on rookies. Draft a RB late.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 03:28:31 PM »
Top WR Available
1. Breshad Perriman
2. Paul Richardson
3. Devin Funchess
4. Taylor Gabriel
5. Rashard Higgins
6. Demaryius Thomas
7. Tajae Sharpe
8. Demarcus Robinson
(Josh Gordon)

I expect one of the guys above to be a Jet before the draft. While we will likely draft a lot of WR in this draft, we would be pretty exposed with Crowder and Smith as the only relevant WR on the roster.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 03:30:50 PM by Derek Smalls »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 03:32:05 PM »
Top WR Available
1. Breshad Perriman
2. Paul Richardson
3. Devin Funchess
4. Taylor Gabriel
5. Rashard Higgins
6. Demaryius Thomas

I expect one of the guys above to be a Jet before the draft. While we will likely draft a lot of WR in this draft, we would be pretty exposed with Crowder and Smith as the only relevant WR on the roster.

I’d bet we sign 2, one that’s got no guaranteed money, so he could be cut in TC if the draft goes our way and we get some talented WRs
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 03:32:41 PM »
I’d bet we sign 2, one that’s got no guaranteed money, so he could be cut in TC if the draft goes our way and we get some talented WRs

We already signed Josh Doctson for that role.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 03:39:22 PM »
We already signed Josh Doctson for that role.
Totally forgot we had Doctson.

On second thought, we might actually have enough veteran options at WR, assuming we double-dip pretty high at WR.

Doctson, Enunwa, Berrios, Smith and Bellamy are all possible WR3/WR4/WR5 candidates. Hopefully Crowder and one of the rookies can be legitimate starters this year. If both rookies can play right away, then we might be okay. But our WR corps are in rebuilding mode. I'm hoping in a month, it will look a lot more exciting.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 03:41:53 PM »
Totally forgot we had Doctson.

On second thought, we might actually have enough veteran options at WR, assuming we double-dip pretty high at WR.

Doctson, Enunwa, Berrios, Smith and Bellamy are all possible WR3/WR4/WR5 candidates. Hopefully Crowder and one of the rookies can be legitimate starters this year. If both rookies can play right away, then we might be okay. But our WR corps are in rebuilding mode. I'm hoping in a month, it will look a lot more exciting.

OK, but don't overlook the fact that Q probably won't ever play again, Doctson has been turd the entire time he has been in the league and Berrios hasn't shown much ability to do anything outside returns (granted not given much chance to either).

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 03:45:52 PM »
Draft 2 WRs. 

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 04:22:52 PM »
Top WR Available
1. Breshad Perriman
2. Paul Richardson
3. Devin Funchess
4. Taylor Gabriel
5. Rashard Higgins
6. Demaryius Thomas
7. Tajae Sharpe
8. Demarcus Robinson
(Josh Gordon)

2.  I was curious about kicking the tires on Paul Richardson, but I'm concerned that SEA signed Dorsett over him.  Could be a money thing.
3.  I know I'm alone on this, but I think Sam and Funchess could form a good, cheap connection.  Just give Sam big bodies
4.  He seems like he would fit well in Gase's system, but last year he fell off a cliff
6.  For consistency sake I'd like to bring back DT, but there were some games where he just looked like he was done playing

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 04:30:02 PM »
Perriman actually has legitimate upside if he started to put it together last season.

I used to like Richardson a lot, but he hasn't done anything in a few years. He would probably come very cheap.

I don't hate the idea of Funchess. He's still young as he doesn't turn 26 until May, and he is big and cheap.

Gabriel would fit in the system, but I think we need more of an outside receiver.

Higgins is a guy I liked in college, and he's young and will be cheap.

Demaryius is another year removed from his major injury, so maybe we can squeeze a year out of him if all else fails.

Sharpe and Robinson fit the "young, cheap and have had some moments" group.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 04:31:41 PM »
Johnny English brought up Beckham in another thread. I don't think that happens, but I would be completely on board with it if we could hold onto our 1st-round pick.

Brandin Cooks was another guy on the trade market. He's overpaid, but if he's healthy, he can be very good.

With WR values in the tank, this might be a good year to buy low on the WR trade market.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 04:38:22 PM »
I wouldn’t mind going OLine and WR with the first four picks.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 04:41:08 PM »
Draft WRs

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 05:05:58 PM »
Johnny English brought up Beckham in another thread. I don't think that happens, but I would be completely on board with it if we could hold onto our 1st-round pick.

Brandin Cooks was another guy on the trade market. He's overpaid, but if he's healthy, he can be very good.

With WR values in the tank, this might be a good year to buy low on the WR trade market.
I'm really curious about Cooks now.  Obviously this all depends on his health, but...

If you were the rams and could get even half of his money off the books in exchange for a second round pick that would get you a good wr, that seems like a good trade given his current cap amount, their current cap situation, and cooks' health.

Also, I'm sure Cooks wants to get out of town with that new Rams logo.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 05:20:01 PM »
I'm really curious about Cooks now.  Obviously this all depends on his health, but...

If you were the rams and could get even half of his money off the books in exchange for a second round pick that would get you a good wr, that seems like a good trade given his current cap amount, their current cap situation, and cooks' health.

Also, I'm sure Cooks wants to get out of town with that new Rams logo.

I'm not giving up the second for anything that's available on the trade market. One of the thirds would be available.

Tags: