Author Topic: Carolina Panthers releasing QB Cam Newton  (Read 4800 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Carolina Panthers releasing QB Cam Newton
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 10:56:04 AM »
Lol no

Yeah, no.

Kaep, really? What year is this?
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 11:11:13 AM »
I think there's a reasonable argument over prime Kaep vs prime Cam, although I'm probably still erring on the side of Cam. As they are today... not much of a discussion.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 11:18:53 AM »
I think there's a reasonable argument over prime Kaep vs prime Cam, although I'm probably still erring on the side of Cam. As they are today... not much of a discussion.

Prime Cam won MVP throwing to Ted Ginn, Philly Brown, and the corpse of JCotch. He threw for 35 TD. Kaep only threw over 20 TD in a season one time. Not even a comparison.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 03:28:35 PM »
Prime Cam won MVP throwing to Ted Ginn, Philly Brown, and the corpse of JCotch. He threw for 35 TD. Kaep only threw over 20 TD in a season one time. Not even a comparison.

Plus Kaep hasn't played. Assuming he'd even want to play and blow up his whole martyr gig, when was the last time he was even on a team or in a game? He was decent in 2012, so was RG3.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2020, 03:33:04 PM »
Plus Kaep hasn't played. Assuming he'd even want to play and blow up his whole martyr gig, when was the last time he was even on a team or in a game? He was decent in 2012, so was RG3.

This is a bad take.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2020, 03:42:03 PM »
This is a bad take.

If you say so. Being an NFL QB looks pretty easy, I'm sure you can jump right in at 30 or whatever after years off and not miss a beat.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2020, 05:12:57 PM »
If you say so. Being an NFL QB looks pretty easy, I'm sure you can jump right in at 30 or whatever after years off and not miss a beat.

I was referring mostly to the martyr comment.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2020, 07:43:29 PM »

Fwiw Cato, there are others (e.g. Stephen A. Smith) who've used that same 'martyr' comment (esp. after that scrubbed workout down in Ga.).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y7fzEHKI9Y

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2020, 07:52:59 PM »
Fwiw Cato, there are others (e.g. Stephen A. Smith) who've used that same 'martyr' comment (esp. after that scrubbed workout down in Ga.).

c'mon. that 'workout' the nfl invited him to was a complete setup to save face, and they were not earnestly inviting kaep back into the league.

this was a guy who got the nfl to settle in a lawsuit where he alleged they were blacklisting him, and their response several months later was to......invite him to a secret/private workout on a horrible day during the NFL workweek with no external parties or video/pictographic evidence of the event. in other words, a situation where the NFL could again completely control the narrative

that was not an earnest workout invite. and before anybody chimes in about the baltimore situation, i think he and his team fcked up the baltimore situation for sure, that's on him. but specifically with regards to that workout invite from the NFL, it was complete BS

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2020, 10:10:38 PM »

I don't know which part of this response I understand less, quoting Stephen A. Smith as a reliable source or the B.S. secret workout as a legit shot.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2020, 09:07:25 AM »
If he wasn't acting as a martyr then we wouldn't even still be discussing him. How many other backups from 5-10 years ago get this kind of attention and Nike deals? Whatever you think of him he'd be a fool to even try now, but he is the same guy who opted out of his SF contract so I guess you never know.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2020, 11:27:06 AM »
c'mon. that 'workout' the nfl invited him to was a complete setup to save face, and they were not earnestly inviting kaep back into the league.

this was a guy who got the nfl to settle in a lawsuit where he alleged they were blacklisting him, and their response several months later was to......invite him to a secret/private workout on a horrible day during the NFL workweek with no external parties or video/pictographic evidence of the event. in other words, a situation where the NFL could again completely control the narrative

that was not an earnest workout invite. and before anybody chimes in about the baltimore situation, i think he and his team fcked up the baltimore situation for sure, that's on him. but specifically with regards to that workout invite from the NFL, it was complete BS

Fair enough and pardon my naivety but what if he did go in and participated in that workout?  Hypothetically-speaking, what if Kap went in there and passed with flying colors?   Wouldn't that leak out to teams or media sources?  And then afterwards he could go out and host his own Kap-controlled workout with additional 'cred' accrued. 

Kap himself knew that he was not dealing from a position of strength and however unfair that may be, I'd think his desire to get back playing--whatever the cost--would override any 'staged event' concerns, i.e., any visibility (however slight) is better than simply taking one's ball and going home.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Carolina Panthers releasing QB Cam Newton
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2020, 11:38:46 AM »
The sooner that people realize Kaep is an attention whore the quicker they can come to the proper conclusions.  Reminds me of Rachel Dolezal or Shaun King

Tags: