Author Topic: Bardy is gone  (Read 16373 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Bardy is gone
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 09:01:47 AM »
That wouldn't be entertaining in the slightest.

A washed up highly overpaid Brady playing for the worst team in our division? It basically guarantees he misses the playoffs, gives us a serviceable chance at beating Brady 4 more times, and throws major dirt on the Patriots as him going to a divisional rival is a complete freak you to them.

It would be worse for them than what the queynte Revis did (with the exception that Brady won't actually win anything in Miami)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 09:07:48 AM »
A washed up highly overpaid Brady playing for the worst team in our division?

You may have missed the fact that they have vast amounts of money to spend in FA and a excrement ton of draft picks. With a good offseason they could get very good very quickly with him under center.

Get that freak out of the division.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 09:09:43 AM »
You may have missed the fact that they have vast amounts of money to spend in FA and a excrement ton of draft picks. With a good offseason they could get very good very quickly with him under center.

Get that freak out of the division.

If Miami wants to go all in on win now with a QB who will be 43 before opening day, I'd welcome it with open arms.

And giving Brady 60+ million over 2 years won't do their cap situation any favors

The Jets aren't going to be a legit contender under Adam Gase this year anyway..I believe Miami signing Brady increases the odds Darnold wins the division in the next 2 to 3 years. Because even if Brady is mediocre this year, I have zero worries about a 44 year old QB playing at a high level.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 09:11:40 AM by dcm1602 »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 09:12:06 AM »
If Miami wants to go all in on win now with a QB who will be 43 before opening day, I'd welcome it with open arms.

And giving Brady 60+ million over 2 years won't do their cap situation any favors

I stand by the only way Brady would agree to go there is if the Dolphins agreed to not draft a first round QB for two years (thus wasting valuable capital that could help them win now). So if they make that deal, I’d probably be for letting them have Brady’s corpse for 18 months
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 09:14:38 AM »
I stand by the only way Brady would agree to go there is if the Dolphins agreed to not draft a first round QB for two years (thus wasting valuable capital that could help them win now). So if they make that deal, I’d probably be for letting them have Brady’s corpse for 18 months

I don't believe that

If Brady signs a 2 year 60 + million deal he's starting for two years. They have plenty of picks to go win now even if they draft a qb with their first one

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2020, 09:18:25 AM »
i'm still trying to wrap my head around how Miami managed to kickstart a successful rebuild....and we've failed like 3x in the last decade.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2020, 09:25:01 AM »
I don't believe that

If Brady signs a 2 year 60 + million deal he's starting for two years. They have plenty of picks to go win now even if they draft a qb with their first one

I’m saying the only way to convince Brady to go there is by saying they will pour every available resource, including all their top picks into winning now. Not whether it’s feasible to win without doing so or not.
Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2020, 09:32:55 AM »
i'm still trying to wrap my head around how Miami managed to kickstart a successful rebuild....and we've failed like 3x in the last decade.

Successful from a PR standpoint yet, but from an on the field standpoint, I'm not so sure about that.  They're splurging on mediocre talent when they don't have a quarterback.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2020, 09:34:46 AM »
Successful from a PR standpoint yet, but from an on the field standpoint, I'm not so sure about that.  They're splurging on mediocre talent when they don't have a quarterback.

This.

Byron Jones at least is an overpay I think you can rationalize when you consider what they're going to ask him to do.

Van Noy's contract is absurd, this team still has no young quarterback, and just as importantly even if they get a young quarterback, they have absolutely nothing on the offensive line to speak of to keep said young quarterback upright. Erick Flowers? Lmao.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2020, 09:37:10 AM »

They have enough draft picks to draft whichever QB they want (not named Burrow).  They have enough picks this year to significantly improve in other areas as well.

They also beat us last year, and if not for the refs, they would've swept us.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2020, 09:37:21 AM »
I’m saying the only way to convince Brady to go there is by saying they will pour every available resource, including all their top picks into winning now. Not whether it’s feasible to win without doing so or not.

I get that

I'm saying that they have enoguh picks to go win now to satisfy Brady, even if they decide to draft a QB.

And Brady might be okay with that because I imagine him going to Miami would be about sticking it to BB

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2020, 09:38:19 AM »
I get that

I'm saying that they have enoguh picks to go win now to satisfy Brady, even if they decide to draft a QB.

And Brady might be okay with that because I imagine him going to Miami would be about sticking it to BB

Brady will get absolutely destroyed behind that offensive line. He'll take the beating of his life.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2020, 09:42:32 AM »
Brady will get absolutely destroyed behind that offensive line. He'll take the beating of his life.

They do however have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. And if they decide to truly go win now, they'll have plenty of options

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2020, 09:44:22 AM »

He won't. People say this all the time and he never does because since he came back from the knee injury in 08 he has been the best in the league at reading pressure, getting the ball out quick, and giving himself up before contact.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2020, 09:47:08 AM »
He won't. People say this all the time and he never does because since he came back from the knee injury in 08 he has been the best in the league at reading pressure, getting the ball out quick, and giving himself up before contact.

The Patriots offensive line was mediocre last year and that still presents a huge upgrade over what the Dolphins (and Chargers for that matter) are currently trotting out.

Tags: