Author Topic: NFL FA Thread  (Read 11174 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: NFL FA Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2020, 07:02:47 PM »
The way teams try to find head coaches baffles me. 

Coordinator jobs and head coach jobs are totally different.  Its much more important for a head coach to be an excellent communicator, leader, and delegator than to be a tactical genius.

I think the problem is there's not really an effective "audition" for how to find one. Being a head coach in college is totally different for a host of reasons. Being a coordinator is a completely different job description. It's not like a company that's able to poach another companies Vice President for their top job because the job description is largely the same, just now with more responsibility.

I agree with you of course, the successful CEO and delegator who knows what he's looking for in his coordinators and has his coaching staff on the same page  to effectuate a message to the roster is more likely to be a success then the tactical wizard with absolutely zero people or organizational skills. Matt Patricia is a verifiably smart human being, RPI grads usually are. How's that worked out? It's not like he took over a shitty situation-Lions were 9-7 when he got there.

That's always been the misnomer on scumbag fuckface up in New England. He's the way he is with the media out of preservation and protection of his franchise, but if you've ever seen snippets in terms of how he deals with his players, he's totally different. And his staff knows from top to bottom the expectations and responsibilities they're saddled with, and if they don't measure up, they're gone.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2020, 07:43:03 PM »
Texans have reached an agreement with veteran offensive tackle Brent Qvale, according to a league source

no. why god why.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2020, 08:10:38 PM »
Texans have reached an agreement with veteran offensive tackle Brent Qvale, according to a league source

no. why god why.
YES GOOD freak OFF
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2020, 09:24:22 PM »
Jets should cut Brian Winters

YES GOOD freak OFF
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating