Author Topic: What If...?  (Read 3235 times)

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
Re: What If...?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2020, 12:08:29 PM »
What if our D knew how to tackle Mendenhall during the first half vs Pitt in the AFCCG?

What if Sanchez converted on 4th down in the closing min of the AFCCG? vs PITT

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »

What if Vinny hadn't handed that second half to the Broncos?

I think the general consensus is we would have beaten the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

What if the Browns had drafted Darnold?

This is tricky because it's so recent, so all we can extrapolate from this is that Mayfield would probably be a Jet.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2020, 12:41:33 PM »
My gut reaction was "we would have made the playoffs" but he wasn't the only problem down the stretch. Our defense had a couple shitty games. I think we would have needed 2 more wins to ensure a playoff spot (correct me if I'm wrong, in week 17 we needed to beat Miami and also have another game go right for us).

Our losses were Denver and Miami at home, SF and Seattle on the road. I think we'd still lose to Denver and Seattle with a healthy Favre, given the other elements involved in those losses. So he would have had to play well enough to beat SF on the road and Miami at home.

In the playoffs I think we had a shot against anyone else in the AFC and we spanked the Cardinals in the regular season that year. Could have been interesting.

I absolutely think we DESTROY Seattle with a healthy Favre, otherwise I largely agree with all of this. That Seahawks team stunk, and the defense actually played fairly well.

As far as Favre vs. Chad, you can't compare upside. I love Chad-he was what he was at that point in his career and that Ravens money was some of the easiest money I ever made in terms of placing the occasional wager. Who knows where we go with a healthy Favre.

I think the more interesting what if re: Favre is "what if he decided to not be a cunty little bitch boiiii who solely cared about revenge as opposed to a Lombardi, and stayed with the Jets for Rex's first year." Considering how lights out he was and how close the Jets came, that's a tough one to grapple with.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 12:50:06 PM by mj2sexay »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 01:13:09 PM »
My reasoning with the Seattle game is it's always hard to play on the road there and IIRC it was Holmgren's last home game as HC. Players and fans were fired up, it was gonna be a tough environment to play in.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 02:49:18 PM »
What if the Browns had drafted Darnold?
Then we would have Mayfield or Allen and be defending how good they are. Just like we do with Darnold.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2020, 02:50:18 PM »
I absolutely think we DESTROY Seattle with a healthy Favre, otherwise I largely agree with all of this. That Seahawks team stunk, and the defense actually played fairly well.

As far as Favre vs. Chad, you can't compare upside. I love Chad-he was what he was at that point in his career and that Ravens money was some of the easiest money I ever made in terms of placing the occasional wager. Who knows where we go with a healthy Favre.

I think the more interesting what if re: Favre is "what if he decided to not be a cunty little bitch boiiii who solely cared about revenge as opposed to a Lombardi, and stayed with the Jets for Rex's first year." Considering how lights out he was and how close the Jets came, that's a tough one to grapple with.
Agree with all of this. Good post.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2020, 04:58:19 PM »

Wow, I never really thought about it this way. Thanks, one more thing to haunt me until the grave.

My reasoning with the Seattle game is it's always hard to play on the road there and IIRC it was Holmgren's last home game as HC. Players and fans were fired up, it was gonna be a tough environment to play in.

Seattle was a bad team playing mostly backups. We should have won that game.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: