Author Topic: Tennessee Titans hire Ken Whisenhunt  (Read 5932 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Tennessee Titans hire Ken Whisenhunt
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 06:26:08 PM »
Who are the likely coordinators?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 08:52:15 PM »
Who are the likely coordinators?

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m
Titans Coach Ken Whisenhunt would like to land John McNulty (Bucs) and Keith Butler (PIT) as his coordinators, but could be blocked on both
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 08:54:37 PM »
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m
Titans Coach Ken Whisenhunt would like to land John McNulty (Bucs) and Keith Butler (PIT) as his coordinators, but could be blocked on both

How many DC jobs has Keith Butler been blocked out of by now? He must have some sort of record.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 09:42:02 PM »
Interesting as he was the reported front runner for the Detroit job. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 09:45:59 PM »
I'm sure he had more reasons than this, but I'd rather live in Tennessee than Detroit.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 09:49:21 PM »
I'm sure he had more reasons than this, but I'd rather live in Tennessee than Detroit.

I can certainly understand that, but from a professional stand point, Detroit is much more attractive. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 10:00:04 PM »
I can certainly understand that, but from a professional stand point, Detroit is much more attractive. 

Not if you've got 40% of your cap tied up in three players, one of whom isn't actually all that good, and you've got a excrement DC who the owner is apparently telling you you have to keep. I really don't think the Detroit job is as good as it's being cracked up to be in some quarters.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 10:06:57 PM »
I thought Whisenhunt would have done well in Detroit, but I'm curious to see what he builds in Tennessee.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 10:09:31 PM »
Not if you've got 40% of your cap tied up in three players, one of whom isn't actually all that good, and you've got a excrement DC who the owner is apparently telling you you have to keep. I really don't think the Detroit job is as good as it's being cracked up to be in some quarters.

I understand your point, but between Tennessee and Detroit, I would have to go with Detroit.  The DC thing would be quite the deterrent, which I didn't know about. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 05:13:28 AM »
I understand your point, but between Tennessee and Detroit, I would have to go with Detroit.  The DC thing would be quite the deterrent, which I didn't know about. 

I think the choice is pretty obvious. Do you think Matt Stafford is a franchise QB? If so, you take the Detroit job and run, especially as an offensive coach like Whiz.

If you do not think that Stafford is a franchise guy, but merely a product of Calvin Johnson's success, then that job is a future firing waiting to happen, because in 2 years, maybe 3 it will become clear that Stafford is not the guy to win for them, and as a result the guys who will get canned are Stafford, the HC (especially the longer it takes to figure out Stafford isnt the guy) and possibly Calvin Johnson if they start over entirely.

Thus the Tennessee job is much better option because they have no established QB, and Whiz will basically get to pick his own, be it this year or next.
Need a new one for a new board...

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 08:06:14 AM »
Any guesses regarding what Whisenhunt thinks of Locker? It doesn't seem like a bad match on paper given what little I know of either of them.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 08:07:30 AM »
Any guesses regarding what Whisenhunt thinks of Locker? It doesn't seem like a bad match on paper given what little I know of either of them.

Well, he chose to go to Tennessee over Detroit...so he obviously thinks he can do more with that offensive group than Detroit's. 

Pretty surprising that he opted against coaching the best wide receiver in the NFL. 

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 08:19:38 AM »
I feel like a lot of head coaches opt toward the position where they have more control over the staff and player personnel, moreso than the roster they inherit. Or he's just getting paid more at Tennessee.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 08:20:55 AM »
I feel like a lot of head coaches opt toward the position where they have more control over the staff and player personnel, moreso than the roster they inherit. Or he's just getting paid more at Tennessee.

Whisenhunt has been there and done it before, so he was probably looking for certain things with his second head coaching gig. 

We'll never really know if he chose Tennessee over Matt Stafford unless he comes out and says it.

Tags: titans