Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359873 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #5355 on: February 16, 2023, 08:51:39 AM »
Please contain your disappointment every time we get covid stuff for free.

I am 100% behind actual medication, including and especially vaccines and any other form of prophylactic, being free of charge. Put aside your instinctive rage at the mere mention of anything involving a corporation for a minute, go back and read the part of the tweet I quoted, and see if you can figure out what I'm talking about. I'll give you a clue, it involves elementary school level mathematics.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5356 on: February 16, 2023, 09:06:28 AM »
I am 100% behind actual medication, including and especially vaccines and any other form of prophylactic, being free of charge. Put aside your instinctive rage at the mere mention of anything involving a corporation for a minute, go back and read the part of the tweet I quoted, and see if you can figure out what I'm talking about. I'll give you a clue, it involves elementary school level mathematics.

Free to the US public but there is a nominal price per dosage that would have been quadrupled and charged to the individual consumer. This isn't too difficult to figure out without getting bent out of shape and turning into a lame version of 90s Conan bits.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5357 on: February 16, 2023, 09:13:36 AM »
Free to the US public but there is a nominal price per dosage that would have been quadrupled and charged to the individual consumer. This isn't too difficult to figure out without getting bent out of shape and turning into a lame version of 90s Conan bits.

No, there were no qualifiers to that statement. Twitter now allows something like 4000 characters so there's no "I couldn't fit it in" excuse. A 400% multiplier of free is free. A 40,000% multiplier of free is free.

Either Moderna are not currently giving the vaccine for free, or they are not applying a 400% multiplier to it. This isn't a grey area, it's a basic exercise in contradictory statements and I'm sick of people regurgitating idiocy like this on Twitter. Facts are facts and they don't get to be interpreted and twisted into whatever suits your narrative no matter which point you're starting from on the political spectrum. excrement like this is exactly what Trump was quite rightly pilloried for.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5358 on: February 16, 2023, 09:16:29 AM »
No, there were no qualifiers to that statement. Twitter now allows something like 4000 characters so there's no "I couldn't fit it in" excuse. A 400% multiplier of free is free. A 40,000% multiplier of free is free.

Either Moderna are not currently giving the vaccine for free, or they are not applying a 400% multiplier to it. This isn't a grey area, it's a basic exercise in contradictory statements and I'm sick of people regurgitating idiocy like this on Twitter. Facts are facts and they don't get to be interpreted and twisted into whatever suits your narrative no matter which point you're starting from on the political spectrum. excrement like this is exactly what Trump was quite rightly pilloried for.

It's giving Old Man Yells at Cloud.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5359 on: February 16, 2023, 09:31:49 AM »
It's giving Old Man Yells at Cloud.

Old man yells at lazy misinformation.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5360 on: February 16, 2023, 10:01:46 AM »
Old man yells at lazy misinformation.

I'm sure it will hear you eventually.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #5361 on: February 16, 2023, 11:29:16 AM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5362 on: February 16, 2023, 11:30:47 AM »

I don't get it.  Did Trump cry wolf?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5363 on: February 16, 2023, 11:32:35 AM »

trump's a werewolf?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5364 on: February 16, 2023, 12:03:57 PM »
I'm sure it will hear you eventually.

Way ahead of you:

My one man war on Twitter stupidity is undoubtedly futile but I'm not going to give it up.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #5365 on: February 16, 2023, 12:10:16 PM »
Nah, just a corny summation of the previous posts (old man yells at cloud/wolf howling at moon) along with the guy who was was “quite rightly pilloried”

Me, fully vaxxed, fully boosted and currently in the throes of ‘long covid’ (i.e. extended symptoms namely dizziness/vertigo)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5366 on: February 17, 2023, 12:03:40 AM »

Maybe the tweet was "lazy" but it wasn't misinformation or in any way wrong or subject to interpretation or twisting to narratives. The vaccine was never "free" to US citizens. The US federal government has just been footing the bill all along.

All it takes is a quick ol' google...

Some pharmaceutical companies have already indicated they will raise the cost of their vaccines once they are on the commercial market. For instance, Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel said he expects Medicare reimbursement for the company's vaccine to be $60 in the future—much higher than the $16.50 per dose the federal government initially paid.
Source:https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2022/08/19/covid-costs
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5367 on: February 17, 2023, 12:06:52 AM »
Nah, just a corny summation of the previous posts (old man yells at cloud/wolf howling at moon) along with the guy who was was “quite rightly pilloried”

Me, fully vaxxed, fully boosted and currently in the throes of ‘long covid’ (i.e. extended symptoms namely dizziness/vertigo)

Sorry to hear that. My wife's been in the long-Covid boat since Christmas 2021. My boss since April 2020. As with them, I hope it dissipates for you soon.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5368 on: February 17, 2023, 06:04:49 AM »
So the TLDR is Moderna thinks the life saving vaccine that crippled a global pandemic should be less than the price of a video game instead of less than the price of a hamburger?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5369 on: February 17, 2023, 07:04:12 AM »
So the TLDR is Moderna thinks the life saving vaccine that crippled a global pandemic should be less than the price of a video game instead of less than the price of a hamburger?

I get it for free

I really don't know what's worse...you Americans shooting each other up in malls/universities or charging a ransom for medication.  Either way, you die.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: