Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359732 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #5190 on: May 04, 2022, 07:50:15 PM »
After nearly a month in the hospital my wife's uncle died of COVID.

And just a few days later my wife's brother, his wife, and their 3 boys all have it. Thankfully no hospitalization needed but his wife and their youngest are having a pretty shitty time.

Sorry to hear it, bro.  Were they all vaxxed? 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5191 on: May 04, 2022, 07:52:07 PM »

That's terrible sorry to hear that.

I don't know if this comment will come off as insensitive or not. But in my experiences there are many patients who are in the hospital with severe covid for extended periods of time that go on to suffer fates that are far worse than death. I think for some people having it resolved even in a manner like this can be a mercy for both the individual and their families (even though it's extremely difficult for people to think of like that).

No offense taken, I know what you mean by it. By the end they had shifted him to palliative care so they knew what was coming.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5192 on: May 04, 2022, 07:53:57 PM »
Sorry to hear it, bro.  Were they all vaxxed?
AFAIK the uncle was, but he had some medical history (cancer survivor).

My bro in law and his wife are vaxxed, but I'm not sure if their kids are old enough for it.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #5193 on: May 04, 2022, 07:57:20 PM »

And just a few days later my wife's brother, his wife, and their 3 boys all have it. Thankfully no hospitalization needed but his wife and their youngest are having a pretty shitty time.
Condolences

delavan

• Shaun Ellis

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #5195 on: May 04, 2022, 10:47:57 PM »

im so sorry badge.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #5196 on: May 05, 2022, 07:52:08 AM »

sorry man
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5197 on: May 05, 2022, 07:07:40 PM »

Awful. Sorry to hear, and my deepest sympathies to you, your wife, and the family.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5198 on: May 08, 2022, 02:40:58 PM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5199 on: May 10, 2022, 07:25:47 PM »
Since the beginning of April I've been grabbing the waste water numbers from the CDC website. Counties around the country report their % of covid found in the water weekly. The wave NYC is currently in was blatantly obviously coming for weeks.

All boroughs of NYC stopped posting their numbers this past week.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5200 on: May 10, 2022, 07:32:11 PM »
Since the beginning of April I've been grabbing the waste water numbers from the CDC website. Counties around the country report their % of covid found in the water weekly. The wave NYC is currently in was blatantly obviously coming for weeks.

RIP
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5201 on: May 10, 2022, 08:33:17 PM »

My wife tested positive for COVID on Mother's Day. She's feeling mostly alright. Kids and I have tested negative.

Seems like she caught it at work since the other teacher in her classroom tested positive as well.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5202 on: May 11, 2022, 06:03:43 AM »

Since the beginning of April I've been grabbing the waste water numbers

Turd burglar.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5203 on: May 17, 2022, 07:46:53 PM »
My wife tested positive for COVID on Mother's Day. She's feeling mostly alright. Kids and I have tested negative.

Seems like she caught it at work since the other teacher in her classroom tested positive as well.

Hope she's back to normal now. My wife tested positive in the car on the way to Xmas eve at MIL's. Kids and me were fine, but she lost Xmas. Still has some long-covid.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5204 on: May 17, 2022, 07:49:59 PM »
In what may be a surprise to some, yet is not at all to me, NYC was awarded the coveted "high risk" designation today.

And yet, it's still just "highly recommended" to wear masks indoors.

Tags: