Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358772 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #5130 on: March 24, 2022, 11:43:09 AM »
The hype is real!
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5131 on: March 25, 2022, 09:52:09 AM »
Nearly 3 in 4 counties across America suffered more deaths than births between the middle of 2020 and the middle of 2021, according to new data from the U.S. Census Bureau, as the coronavirus pandemic claimed hundreds of thousands of lives and slowed the nation’s growth rate to its slowest pace in history.

More people died than were born in 2,297 of the nation’s 3,143 counties last year, the largest number of counties to record a natural decrease in American history.

The new figures show more than 3.4 million Americans died in the yearlong period covered by the new data, the highest number of deaths ever recorded in a single year. The figure is 20 percent greater than it was two years ago, before the pandemic began.

Don’t show this to conspiracy theorists that claim people don’t die from covid

“They’re just marking people that die of natural causes as da covid deaths!”

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5133 on: April 02, 2022, 07:41:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/laurengolden__/status/1509882856406982659?s=21&t=HcEHL1sGA1VOkQqCqpaIyA

Well.... yeah. Isn't that the point of moving to "endemic"? It's here, it's going to be here for good, so we accept it and move on just as we do other illnesses. If you're symptomatic or you're feeling ill, stay home until you aren't. If you aren't symptomatic or ill, you don't need to be tested.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5134 on: April 02, 2022, 09:20:35 AM »
JE, defender of for-profit healthcare.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5135 on: April 02, 2022, 09:26:03 AM »
JE, defender of for-profit healthcare.

I'm a defender of not needlessly spending public money on pointless services because people want to make individual decisions they're not qualified to make, such as "I need XYZ medical test". In the list of reasons why US healthcare provision is terrible, "I can't get a free test for covid" does not feature prominently.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5136 on: April 02, 2022, 09:31:09 AM »
Well.... yeah. Isn't that the point of moving to "endemic"? It's here, it's going to be here for good, so we accept it and move on just as we do other illnesses. If you're symptomatic or you're feeling ill, stay home until you aren't. If you aren't symptomatic or ill, you don't need to be tested.

who told you we were in an endemic? your local PC MP?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5137 on: April 02, 2022, 09:36:14 AM »
who told you we were in an endemic? your local PC MP?

Whether you agree with it or not, that is the official position of all levels of government now. You'll note that I used quotation marks very specifically.

The proscribed behaviour is very clear. If you think you might be sick, stay home until you aren't. It's that simple. There is exactly zero value to testing now given the statistical output of such tests is pointless. Volume stats will primarily now be done using wastewater monitoring, which apparently is surprisingly accurate.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5138 on: April 02, 2022, 09:39:26 AM »
Whether you agree with it or not, that is the official position of all levels of government now. You'll note that I used quotation marks very specifically.

The proscribed behaviour is very clear. If you think you might be sick, stay home until you aren't. It's that simple. There is exactly zero value to testing now given the statistical output of such tests is pointless. Volume stats will primarily now be done using wastewater monitoring, which apparently is surprisingly accurate.

our provincial govt is deliberately hiding wastewater data because they know that relaxing health orders is 100% the wrong decision....pandering to their retarded redneck minority apparently is more important that public safety.

So...despite what you think the govt has decided on, doesn't mean that's what reality is.  In fact, i'm hearing you guys are entering a 6th wave.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5139 on: April 02, 2022, 09:45:46 AM »
our provincial govt is deliberately hiding wastewater data because they know that relaxing health orders is 100% the wrong decision....pandering to their retarded redneck minority apparently is more important that public safety.

So...despite what you think the govt has decided on, doesn't mean that's what reality is.  In fact, i'm hearing you guys are entering a 6th wave.

I've heard that too. I have no idea whether it's true.

Whether you agree with the decision or not, the responsibility for the level of precaution that we take against covid has moved from government to the individual. You are no longer mandated to take additional measures, but you are welcome to do so if that's what makes you comfortable. Free government tests provide zero value in that equation, even though for some reason Ontario has decided to keep making them available (I have my own not very complimentary suspicions about the Ford government on that one).

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5140 on: April 02, 2022, 09:51:21 AM »
I've heard that too. I have no idea whether it's true.

Whether you agree with the decision or not, the responsibility for the level of precaution that we take against covid has moved from government to the individual. You are no longer mandated to take additional measures, but you are welcome to do so if that's what makes you comfortable. Free government tests provide zero value in that equation, even though for some reason Ontario has decided to keep making them available (I have my own not very complimentary suspicions about the Ford government on that one).

so...this is a major issue here.  Our dumbfuck premier and our minister of health (an even dumber freak) have consistently spewed this narrative, but have disabled all the data dashboards and refuse to provide the necessary information/tools to allow us to make informed decisions.  It's bascially a "go freak yourself, we don't give a excrement about you" approach, and i hope i live long enough to see the PCs get raped in the next election because of it.

if you're thinking to yourself "how is this possible, that can't be happening".....this is why our premier has the lowest approval rating in the country.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5141 on: April 02, 2022, 09:57:04 AM »
I'm a defender of not needlessly spending public money on pointless services because people want to make individual decisions they're not qualified to make, such as "I need XYZ medical test". In the list of reasons why US healthcare provision is terrible, "I can't get a free test for covid" does not feature prominently.
As the requirements for testing drop so will the frequency with which people get tested. You don't need to introduce a price tag to discourage the behavior.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5142 on: April 02, 2022, 09:58:16 AM »
As the requirements for testing drop so will the frequency with which people get tested. You don't need to introduce a price tag to discourage the behavior.

rapid antigen test kits are free across the board here.  I went to our local library and picked up 2 boxes (hopefully i won't need to use them).

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5143 on: April 02, 2022, 09:59:52 AM »

so...this is a major issue here.  Our dumbfuck premier and our minister of health (an even dumber freak) have consistently spewed this narrative, but have disabled all the data dashboards and refuse to provide the necessary information/tools to allow us to make informed decisions.  It's bascially a "go freak yourself, we don't give a excrement about you" approach, and i hope i live long enough to see the PCs get raped in the next election because of it.

if you're thinking to yourself "how is this possible, that can't be happening".....this is why our premier has the lowest approval rating in the country.

Sure. But to return to the point, in that environment testing is pointless because if testing is optional then the data tells you absolutely nothing. You'll have people who are symptomatic and clearly have covid not reporting it because they're either staying home and letting it pass as they've been told to, or ignoring it and going out there spreading it; and you'll have people who given the opportunity would get tested every day regardless of whether they have any symptoms or not, because it speaks to their caution / paranoia / hypochondria / whatever. The data produced by an optional testing regimen is absolutely worthless, and the decisions that individuals make about testing and in the face of the results will be completely varied and therefore useless.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5144 on: April 02, 2022, 10:00:23 AM »

But you don't need to subsidise pointless behaviours.

Tags: