Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359135 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #5085 on: February 16, 2022, 11:32:08 AM »
I don't think it's a peaceful protest either. I 100% think any protestor who wants to disrupt life for as many people as possible is a complete queynte and deserves to go to prison.

My issue isn't how badly do you punish/deter violent  obnoxious queynte protestors. Hell I support the government sending out riot squads with clubs to go break their freaking legs.

It's should the government be able to seize/freeze the assets of completely innocent private citizens without due process completely bypassing the courts.

And in examples like JE above of these private go fund me websites, get a freaking warrant and target them individually and legally. 

except...the folks that had their accounts frozen/seized aren't innocent.  That's the whole point.  If you're out there being a part of the problem, then you had that coming to you in spades.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5086 on: February 16, 2022, 11:38:32 AM »
except...the folks that had their accounts frozen/seized aren't innocent.  That's the whole point.  If you're out there being a part of the problem, then you had that coming to you in spades.

So if I donated to BLM, before they seized CHAZ CHOP whatever the freak. That would mean im not innocent?

Because I imagine that in both the BLM and these protests there's a mix of legal and illegal protesting activity.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5087 on: February 16, 2022, 11:45:25 AM »
I was more referring to this part, minus the illegal fuel stores

What they can't do is turn the streets of downtown Ottawa into a parking lot, force the closure of local businesses, operate illegal fuel stores, or a variety of other things they're currently doing.

But your laws and our laws are different, as are our policing models, as are our systems of government.

"We didn't do X with BLM so you shouldn't do it with the Ottawa occupation" doesn't make sense at any level.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5088 on: February 16, 2022, 11:47:31 AM »
So if I donated to BLM, before they seized CHAZ CHOP whatever the freak. That would mean im not innocent?

Because I imagine that in both the BLM and these protests there's a mix of legal and illegal protesting activity.

You donating to BLM's causes in your country is a different thing to you donating to an anti-government cause in another country. This is the digital equivalent of the NORAID buckets in the Boston bars in the 1970s and 80s.

Anyway, we aren't criminalising the donations or the donors. We're simply preventing them being provided to people to support illegal activity.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5091 on: February 16, 2022, 07:40:49 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5092 on: February 16, 2022, 10:59:02 PM »
But your laws and our laws are different, as are our policing models, as are our systems of government.

"We didn't do X with BLM so you shouldn't do it with the Ottawa occupation" doesn't make sense at any level.

Sticky this to dcms forehead
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5093 on: February 17, 2022, 08:30:18 AM »
Is it government overreach when it's in accordance with the will of two thirds of the population that the government represents?

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/two-thirds-of-canadians-support-use-of-emergencies-act-and-want-freedom-convoy-cleared-out-poll

Also worth noting that the National Post is very much a Conservative-leaning outlet.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5095 on: February 17, 2022, 08:40:34 PM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5096 on: February 18, 2022, 10:02:26 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/17/health/ba-2-covid-severity/index.html

Always a new one.

Sounds pretty horrible and to me very likely to be a major problem.

It's not like they're talking hypotheticals, they're saying it's already causing 4% of cases in the United States, vaccines and treatments are less effective, it's more contagious than Omnicron and possibly will make you just as sick as delta.

Right now people are treating things like it's over, and this could change that real fricken quickly

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5097 on: February 18, 2022, 11:17:03 AM »
Sounds pretty horrible and to me very likely to be a major problem.

It's not like they're talking hypotheticals, they're saying it's already causing 4% of cases in the United States, vaccines and treatments are less effective, it's more contagious than Omnicron and possibly will make you just as sick as delta.

Right now people are treating things like it's over, and this could change that real fricken quickly

I have a friend who can't admit he's wrong about anything.  He keeps saying this thing is over every time the numbers come down some.  I keep laughing at him and telling him I have no idea what will happen but I'm certainly not gonna say it's over anytime soon no matter how good things look. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5098 on: February 18, 2022, 11:23:49 AM »
I have a friend who can't admit he's wrong about anything.  He keeps saying this thing is over every time the numbers come down some.  I keep laughing at him and telling him I have no idea what will happen but I'm certainly not gonna say it's over anytime soon no matter how good things look.
I need this excrement to be over for my very selfish reasons of needing Kyrie Irving to play home games.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5099 on: February 18, 2022, 11:41:28 AM »
https://special.usps.com/testkits

FYI, you can order 4 free tests shipped to your house, took 30 seconds to do

I still haven’t received these lmfao
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: