Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358344 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #5070 on: February 16, 2022, 11:08:32 AM »
You know why those powers might be used? To prevent the foreign financing of insurrections. Like, ooh, I dunno, donations by US citizens via a US funding organization to support an illegal occupation of a Canadian city.

Where do you draw the line from an insurrection and peaceful protest? Who determines that? What about a conflict of interest when they're on the opposing side of the aisle.

Imagine if Trump did this with BLM supporters when all that excrement happened with CHAZ.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5071 on: February 16, 2022, 11:10:09 AM »
Where do you draw the line from an insurrection and peaceful protest? Imagine if Trump did this with BLM supporters when all that excrement happened with CHAZ.

this wasn't a peaceful protest (see my last post)....4 protesters at the Alberta border blockade were arrested because they were planning to murder RCMP officers.  Body armor, hand guns, rifles and ammunition were seized.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5072 on: February 16, 2022, 11:14:02 AM »
here dcm...https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/business/the-emerson-thing-hurt-us-significantly-576213582.html

this will shed some light as to why the Emergencies Act was invoked.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5073 on: February 16, 2022, 11:15:28 AM »
Where do you draw the line from an insurrection and peaceful protest? Who determines that? What about a conflict of interest when they're on the opposing side of the aisle.

Imagine if Trump did this with BLM supporters when all that excrement happened with CHAZ.

It isn't a peaceful protest. They've very welcome to sit on Parliament Hill with placards until they grow old and die. What they can't do is turn the streets of downtown Ottawa into a parking lot, force the closure of local businesses, operate illegal fuel stores, or a variety of other things they're currently doing.

In other Canadian cities they were prevented from setting up camp by rather more switched on police forces. OPS has been pathetic, and now the insurrectionists (so called because one of their demands has been the removal of the elected government and its replacement with a citizen's council, like they haven't actually bothered to understand what Parliament actually is) have entrenched themselves more extreme measures have to be used to remove them.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5074 on: February 16, 2022, 11:15:59 AM »
this wasn't a peaceful protest (see my last post)....4 protesters at the Alberta border blockade were arrested because they were planning to murder RCMP officers.  Body armor, hand guns, rifles and ammunition were seized.

Can you associate 4 protestors with an entire movement including tens or even hundred of thousands of people?

I do recall Seattle having its fair share of violence and murders. Hell wasn't there widespread arson in Minneapolis?

In open disclosure I think the protestors in both scenarios are complete and utter cunts. But you're talking about government overreach that probably can give the Patriot act a run for its money (and the circumstances leading to that were obviously way more extreme)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5075 on: February 16, 2022, 11:17:23 AM »
Can you associate 4 protestors with an entire movement including tens or even hundred of thousands of people?

I do recall Seattle having its fair share of violence and murders. Hell wasn't there widespread arson in Minneapolis?

In open disclosure I think the protestors in both scenarios are complete and utter cunts. But you're talking about government overreach that probably can give the Patriot act a run for its money (and the circumstances leading to that were obviously way more extreme)

As usual...you're not listening.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5076 on: February 16, 2022, 11:17:52 AM »
It isn't a peaceful protest. They've very welcome to sit on Parliament Hill with placards until they grow old and die. What they can't do is turn the streets of downtown Ottawa into a parking lot, force the closure of local businesses, operate illegal fuel stores, or a variety of other things they're currently doing.

In other Canadian cities they were prevented from setting up camp by rather more switched on police forces. OPS has been pathetic, and now the insurrectionists (so called because one of their demands has been the removal of the elected government and its replacement with a citizen's council, like they haven't actually bothered to understand what Parliament actually is) have entrenched themselves more extreme measures have to be used to remove them.

Oh so you mean like the exact same excrement that happened during the BLM protests where cities were occupied roads were blocked, businesses were burned down and looted?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5077 on: February 16, 2022, 11:18:18 AM »
the Canadian Federal govt acted accordingly for what the situation presented.  No more no less.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5078 on: February 16, 2022, 11:19:19 AM »
As usual...you're not listening.

I'm making the where do you draw the line argument. Obviously this isn't the same as the BLM riots, but you easily could have some Trump supporters making the exact same argument as you as to why doing this would have been okay

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5079 on: February 16, 2022, 11:20:56 AM »
But you're talking about government overreach

We are not. We're literally talking about invoking an act that was created by a previous Conservative government to empower the Federal government to take control of emergency situations.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5080 on: February 16, 2022, 11:21:32 AM »
Oh so you mean like the exact same excrement that happened during the BLM protests where cities were occupied roads were blocked, businesses were burned down and looted?

None of that happened in Canada. So I'm not sure what comparison you're trying to draw.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5081 on: February 16, 2022, 11:21:34 AM »
I'm making the where do you draw the line argument. Obviously this isn't the same as the BLM riots, but you easily could have some Trump supporters making the exact same argument as you as to why doing this would have been okay

Trump supporters were helping fund this horseshit.

These bozos were trying to cripple the economy and overthrow a govt.  The Feds responded perfectly, and not a single drop of blood was shed.  I'm not sure what you're getting at with the "line drawn" argument.  This is what needed to happen to disperse these mobs.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5082 on: February 16, 2022, 11:22:57 AM »
And before you respond, dcm....remember (maybe write this on your hand) this wasn't a peaceful protest.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5083 on: February 16, 2022, 11:24:09 AM »
None of that happened in Canada. So I'm not sure what comparison you're trying to draw.

I was more referring to this part, minus the illegal fuel stores

What they can't do is turn the streets of downtown Ottawa into a parking lot, force the closure of local businesses, operate illegal fuel stores, or a variety of other things they're currently doing.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5084 on: February 16, 2022, 11:26:37 AM »
And before you respond, dcm....remember (maybe write this on your hand) this wasn't a peaceful protest.

I don't think it's a peaceful protest either. I 100% think any protestor who wants to disrupt life for as many people as possible is a complete queynte and deserves to go to prison.

My issue isn't how badly do you punish/deter violent  obnoxious queynte protestors. Hell I support the government sending out riot squads with clubs to go break their freaking legs.

It's should the government be able to seize/freeze the assets of completely innocent private citizens without due process completely bypassing the courts.

And in examples like JE above of these private go fund me websites, get a freaking warrant and target them individually and legally. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 11:29:01 AM by dcm1602 »

Tags: