Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358641 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #4830 on: December 27, 2021, 08:10:26 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4831 on: December 27, 2021, 10:01:08 PM »
Given how over-cautious my family has been (my kids don't leave home other than my youngest going to school and never takes the mask off, I was the only person who never took the mask off in the office before it got shut down again, my wife won't walk outside without the mask on, we all got boosted Thanksgiving week) we assume my wife caught the omnicron variant.

It is not mild. I am sick of hearing that excrement. She's sick enough that I've debated dragging her to the emergency room a couple of times already.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4832 on: December 27, 2021, 10:05:21 PM »
Here's the full Biden quote, said as a response to statement made by the National Governor's Association:

https://twitter.com/CMargaronis/status/1475554746073190400?s=20
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4833 on: December 27, 2021, 10:06:16 PM »
Also, I've been thinking about the mutation angle a lot myself. Of course, it could become a more virulent and transmissible variant. Every body it enters is another potential petri dish.

But we can't lock down again. No matter what. The CDC is lowering quarantine times despite record case numbers (which are supposed to no longer be a factor in severity of the situation), and quickly rising numbers of vax-ineligible children in ERs.

Forget black or blue. No lives matter. Just corporations and the precious economy.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4834 on: December 27, 2021, 11:23:26 PM »
Also, I've been thinking about the mutation angle a lot myself. Of course, it could become a more virulent and transmissible variant. Every body it enters is another potential petri dish.

But we can't lock down again. No matter what. The CDC is lowering quarantine times despite record case numbers (which are supposed to no longer be a factor in severity of the situation), and quickly rising numbers of vax-ineligible children in ERs.

Forget black or blue. No lives matter. Just corporations and the precious economy.

I think this is an oversimplification (saying it's all about corporations)

The American people have zero freaking patience, so doing anything responsible would never envoke their participation.

Plus we've seen in other countries that the super restrictive excrement doesn't work.

My guess is now that anyone who wants a vaccinated is vaccinated. The is is basically taking a herd immunity approach by borderline encouraging everyone to get covid without actually encouraging them

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4836 on: December 28, 2021, 05:36:18 PM »
I think this is an oversimplification (saying it's all about corporations)

The American people have zero freaking patience, so doing anything responsible would never envoke their participation.

Plus we've seen in other countries that the super restrictive excrement doesn't work.

My guess is now that anyone who wants a vaccinated is vaccinated. The is is basically taking a herd immunity approach by borderline encouraging everyone to get covid without actually encouraging them

The UK was adamant they weren't going into a lockdown again, and their populace was acting like ours the first time. Then they went back into a lockdown recently, and crazy as it is, no one's rioting in the street there.

Twitter is full of memes because most aren't fooled at this point. Corporate America demands we don't shut down, so we won't, no matter the risk. Hell, Walensky and Fauci have all but said exactly that within the last 24 hours.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4837 on: December 28, 2021, 05:43:02 PM »
The UK was adamant they weren't going into a lockdown again, and their populace was acting like ours the first time. Then they went back into a lockdown recently

No they didn't. Scotland and Wales enacted some relatively minor additional restrictions, England put in place some comically weak vaccine proof requirements. Lockdowns are bullshit and of no value now. There's zero point in making people stay home while their vaccine-derived immunity slowly winds down; we need to be getting boosters in arms and shutting the unvaccinated out of every place where decent members of society are going to be, and getting on with our lives.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4838 on: December 28, 2021, 05:58:47 PM »
No they didn't. Scotland and Wales enacted some relatively minor additional restrictions, England put in place some comically weak vaccine proof requirements. Lockdowns are bullshit and of no value now. There's zero point in making people stay home while their vaccine-derived immunity slowly winds down; we need to be getting boosters in arms and shutting the unvaccinated out of every place where decent members of society are going to be, and getting on with our lives.

I'd be with you if it were actually enforced that the unvaccinated were shut out and locked down. But they're not.

And this thing is getting more communicable and is incredibly airborne. Not a good combination if you want to let people roam free but also prevent more dangerous mutations.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4839 on: December 28, 2021, 06:02:30 PM »
I'd be with you if it were actually enforced that the unvaccinated were shut out and locked down. But they're not.

And this thing is getting more communicable and is incredibly airborne. Not a good combination if you want to let people roam free but also prevent more dangerous mutations.

OK, but lockdowns aren't fixing anything either.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4840 on: December 28, 2021, 06:06:43 PM »
I still think the only solution is to make anyone who tests positive for covid that isn't vaccinated become a self pay for all medical bills (excluding routine care OFC)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4841 on: December 28, 2021, 06:09:36 PM »
I still think the only solution is to make anyone who tests positive for covid that isn't vaccinated become a self pay for all medical bills (excluding routine care OFC)

And make anyone who is unvaxxed the lowest priority for ICU. If the ICU is full, remove unvaxxed patients to make space for those have fulfilled their basic social responsibility. Or just leave them in the parking lot to die if you prefer, I'm good with that too. We're two years into this and I'm done putting my life on hold for these cunts.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4842 on: December 28, 2021, 06:36:22 PM »
OK, but lockdowns aren't fixing anything either.
Strong, uniform lockdowns starting at the beginning would have. At this point it's a lost cause.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4843 on: December 28, 2021, 06:39:40 PM »
And make anyone who is unvaxxed the lowest priority for ICU. If the ICU is full, remove unvaxxed patients to make space for those have fulfilled their basic social responsibility. Or just leave them in the parking lot to die if you prefer, I'm good with that too. We're two years into this and I'm done putting my life on hold for these cunts.

Yeah it's crazy

So part of the area I work on specializes in lung and heart transplants. And a lot of three severe covid people are on all kinds of extraordinarily expensive life support. And many of them are dependent on lung transplants in order to have a chance at life. So they just sit there and rot on this extremely expensive life support for MONTHS. And then they end up getting lungs that could have gone to someone else (now I'll concede a large number of lung transplants go to cunts that are lifelong smokers. So you're taking from one queynte to give to another)

Another thing people don't realize is there's massive amounts of drug shortages. Some of it is supply chain logistics nonsense, but the amount of sedation these covid people require is freaking obsence (it's unique in the sense that they're sedated for so long so they have astronomical tolerances, plus their lungs are so badly destroyed that if they're anything less than 100% sedated their body uses up too much oxygen putting them in brain death territory)

I have legit cared for covid patients who require such an insane amount of narcotics that if you took all the narcotics they got in a 24 hour period, it would be enough to overdose and kill at least 1000 normal healthy people. Not freaking kidding, it's obsence. For context if I have someone who has a heart surgery (ie triple bypass) for pain they get 0.5mg of dialudid, maybe 1mg. This is every 4 hours

I take care of covid fuckers who are getting something like 50mg of dialudid and 50mg of versed an hour (every hour for months) plus they require boluses of like 30mg and 30mg  when they act up.

It's obsence and freaking insane

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4844 on: December 28, 2021, 06:42:11 PM »
Strong, uniform lockdowns starting at the beginning would have. At this point it's a lost cause.

Strong uniform lock downs would have prevented some people from dying in overcrowded hospitals, while buying us time to figure out what the freak to do. It potentially could have saved tens of thousands of lives by simply slowing down the spread until the vaccine rolled out

Literal lockdowns for the entirety of the planet lasting presumably several months is completely unrealistic.

Tags: