Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357970 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #4680 on: November 26, 2021, 03:09:12 PM »
Do you need someone to explain the difference between indefinite travel bans based on ethnicity and assumed ideology vs. travel restrictions based on a potentially catastrophic strain of a highly infectious and deadly global pandemic? Because there are multiple people here who can explain the difference between indefinite travel bans based on ethnicity and assumed ideology vs. travel restrictions based on a potentially catastrophic strain of a highly infectious and deadly global pandemic.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #4681 on: November 26, 2021, 04:18:24 PM »
Well, my mom just tested positive for covid for the 2nd time this year, so she and dad aren't coming to Thanksgiving. Last time she was asymptomatic, this time she's feeling it.
Just saw this - trust she'll be 'turning cartwheels 'cross the floor' in no time

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4682 on: November 26, 2021, 04:29:29 PM »
Things haven't gotten worse so I'm remaining optimistic. We just keep telling her she's not allowed to hang out on Long Island anymore.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4683 on: November 26, 2021, 05:05:08 PM »
Things haven't gotten worse so I'm remaining optimistic. We just keep telling her she's not allowed to hang out on Long Island anymore.

Remdesivir is always an option.

Not quite as cool as having sex with a horse, but much more effective

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4684 on: November 26, 2021, 06:00:11 PM »
Remdesivir is always an option.

Not quite as cool as having sex with a horse, but much more effective
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4685 on: November 29, 2021, 06:22:05 AM »
Got my 3x on Friday along with my flu shot. Wife got her 3x too. She's sick, but other than a really sore arm I'm fine. These microchips are awesome, but I thought there was a shortage?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4686 on: November 29, 2021, 07:52:08 AM »
Got my 3x on Friday along with my flu shot. Wife got her 3x too. She's sick, but other than a really sore arm I'm fine. These microchips are awesome, but I thought there was a shortage?
That's what the sheep say.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4687 on: November 29, 2021, 07:52:49 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4689 on: November 29, 2021, 12:40:04 PM »
WASHINGTON –Today, in response to the administration’s announcement that they would be deferring suspensions and removals related to President Biden’s vaccine mandate until after the holiday season, American Federation of Government Employees, AFL-CIO (AFGE) National President Everett Kelley released the following statement:

“The administration has done the right thing by listening to federal workers, taking their concerns seriously, and giving those who haven’t yet gotten vaccinated some peace of mind this holiday season.

“Once again, President Biden has demonstrated his commitment to hearing from rank-and-file federal employees through their unions and responding to workers’ concerns.

“While we applaud the policy that defers suspensions and removals, we continue to encourage all our members who are able to obtain one of the FDA-approved anti-COVID vaccines as soon as they possibly can.”

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4690 on: November 29, 2021, 12:43:15 PM »
Omicron is the 15th letter in the Greek alphabet. Delta is the 4th. That means that unless I've not been paying attention, and I think I have, we've had 10 covid variants since the last major one that haven't made it onto the radar of the general unwashed.

Also, I'm a little disappointed that Nu, the 13th letter of the Greek alphabet, didn't turn out to be a thing. There was a lot of fun to be had with Nu-Covid.

I wonder what they'll start calling variants once they run out of Greek letters? We've only got 9 left.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4691 on: November 29, 2021, 12:52:53 PM »
Omicron is the 15th letter in the Greek alphabet. Delta is the 4th. That means that unless I've not been paying attention, and I think I have, we've had 10 covid variants since the last major one that haven't made it onto the radar of the general unwashed.

Also, I'm a little disappointed that Nu, the 13th letter of the Greek alphabet, didn't turn out to be a thing. There was a lot of fun to be had with Nu-Covid.

I wonder what they'll start calling variants once they run out of Greek letters? We've only got 9 left.
They skipped Nu exactly to avoid confusion/puns. They skipped Xi because too many boomers would have died ejaculating at the opportunity presented.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4692 on: November 29, 2021, 01:20:52 PM »
They skipped Nu exactly to avoid confusion/puns.

Terrible idea. They could have had Korn and Fred Durst promoting the vaccines off the back of it.... no wait, you're right. LB's comeback already happened and it was awful, Korn were no good first time round, and it might have encouraged Aaron Lewis to stop making drunken country music for angry hicks and try to talk to the youth again.

A rare piece of sound public policymaking then.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4693 on: November 29, 2021, 02:27:16 PM »
Terrible idea. They could have had Korn and Fred Durst promoting the vaccines off the back of it.... no wait, you're right. LB's comeback already happened and it was awful, Korn were no good first time round, and it might have encouraged Aaron Lewis to stop making drunken country music for angry hicks and try to talk to the youth again.

A rare piece of sound public policymaking then.

Great post
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4694 on: November 29, 2021, 02:42:08 PM »
It sorta reminds me of which letters the MTA won't use for subway lines. I looks like 1, H sounds kinda like A, etc.

Tags: