Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359555 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #4665 on: November 24, 2021, 08:17:56 PM »
Sorry to hear that Badge, hopefully she's OK.

Mrs E had her booster shot yesterday afternoon. First two didn't do much more than make her sleepy for the rest of the day, but this one is kicking her derriere really badly.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4666 on: November 24, 2021, 08:55:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that Badge, hopefully she's OK.

Mrs E had her booster shot yesterday afternoon. First two didn't do much more than make her sleepy for the rest of the day, but this one is kicking her derriere really badly.

Oddly enough when I got the booster it didn't do much. But when I got my flu shot about a month later I got the worst localized reaction to a vaccine I've ever had.

I do wonder if there's some correlation between getting a flu shot close ish to the booster

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4667 on: November 24, 2021, 09:00:48 PM »
Oddly enough when I got the booster it didn't do much. But when I got my flu shot about a month later I got the worst localized reaction to a vaccine I've ever had.

I do wonder if there's some correlation between getting a flu shot close ish to the booster

I probably know about as much about medicine as you know about English Championship soccer, but if I had to guess I would wonder if the antibodies produced to combat the flu are similar to those that combat covid given the similarities between the two viruses, and thus your immune system already being in battle mode as a result of your booster meant that the flu reaction to the flu shot was more extreme.

On a related note, I'm actually going to get a flu shot this year. Never have before, but I guess like many I've become much more educated as to the societal responsibility of getting vaccinated.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4668 on: November 24, 2021, 09:01:44 PM »
The human body is not a cookie cutter experience.  Things are generally predictable but not guaranteed.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4669 on: November 24, 2021, 10:34:29 PM »
I probably know about as much about medicine as you know about English Championship soccer, but if I had to guess I would wonder if the antibodies produced to combat the flu are similar to those that combat covid given the similarities between the two viruses, and thus your immune system already being in battle mode as a result of your booster meant that the flu reaction to the flu shot was more extreme.

On a related note, I'm actually going to get a flu shot this year. Never have before, but I guess like many I've become much more educated as to the societal responsibility of getting vaccinated.

I don't think it's like that. Molecular bullshit isn't something I'm remotely interested in but the big deal with the covid vaccine was that it doesn't so much work to fight the disease as it does interfering with the unique "spike" proteins on the surface. While the flu shot is more traditional vaccine. I think it has something to do with cytokines and inflammatory bullshit along with some other big words

My guess is whatever the reason, this is why vaccines are usually spread out and people don't typically get different vaccines sequentially in a short period of time

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4673 on: November 25, 2021, 10:55:19 PM »
All hype

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4674 on: November 26, 2021, 06:27:28 AM »
Only a matter of hours before idiots start claiming it was engineered by scientists.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4675 on: November 26, 2021, 11:28:26 AM »
Only a matter of hours before idiots start claiming it was engineered by scientists.
I betcha a quart of liberty noodles that the SEE SEE PEE was behind it

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4676 on: November 26, 2021, 01:05:43 PM »
Biggest hit to the stock market since June

Here we go again

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4677 on: November 26, 2021, 01:13:44 PM »
White Supremacist Joe Biden has enacted new travel restrictions to several countries in Africa

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4678 on: November 26, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »
White Supremacist Joe Biden has enacted new travel restrictions to several countries in Africa

If he didn't, he would have gotten bashed by the same people that hate him.  We certainly aren't the only country doing the same thing.  Probably more of a short-term appeasement thing, basically the safe move.  It won't do any good regarding spread of this variant because it's probably already here. If it isn't, it will be from some other country that isn't banned from travel here.  A few epidemiologists mentioned that it may deter other countries from coming forward about findings in the future for fear of being ostracized financially.

I know the buck stops with the president, but honestly he's just doing what the CDC tells him to do with regard to this.  It's not like he thought this idea up himself.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 02:39:01 PM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4679 on: November 26, 2021, 02:48:22 PM »
Trump was constantly being criticized for "hysterical xenophobia" with Biden using those exact words numerous times.

I acknowledge that Trump acting like a freaking retard is why he gets that criticism, but it's amusing to see Biden a year later banning people from Africa

Tags: