Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359697 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #4350 on: September 15, 2021, 12:02:33 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4351 on: September 15, 2021, 02:07:59 PM »
To be accurate, it is suggesting the Pfizer efficiency may be starting to wane, given that's the only one in use in Israel. But that isn't a huge surprise to anyone, we've expected for some time that boosters would be required - we just don't know the frequency of them. There's also a study that I saw that suggested that Moderna might actually be more effective for long in older people than Pfizer has been.

But in the end, while large swathes of the population refuse to get vaccinated, mutations are going to happen and we're going to need to be more aggressive with both the development and delivery of vaccines on an ongoing basis, and that's why we should celebrate every time some raging queynte who uses a public pulpit to spread disinformation and prolong the existence of this bullshit dies in a miserable, painful and public way.
Me, looking at everyone who didn't get Moderna:

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4352 on: September 15, 2021, 03:15:26 PM »
Me, looking at everyone who didn't get Moderna:

I doubt there's a world of difference between Pfizer and Moderna.

The important question is who the freak is going to start offering the boosters first.

If all these nut jobs want to avoid getting vaccines because they think it'll exacerbate their down syndrome so be it. But I want to hurry the freak up and get me another one of those jabs.

FWIW the people I've seen who have gotten boosters didn't have any kind of reactions like people did with the second go around

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4353 on: September 15, 2021, 03:28:25 PM »
From what I've read, the Moderna vaccine has a much larger dosage (100 mcg) than the Pfizer (30 mcg), which could account for the increased immune response in comparison.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4354 on: September 15, 2021, 03:51:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/GovKathyHochul/status/1438241199144505344?s=19

Damn I can't believe 80% of us are sterile now.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4355 on: September 15, 2021, 03:53:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/GovKathyHochul/status/1438241199144505344?s=19

Damn I can't believe 80% of us are sterile now.

What if Covid caused sterility?  It would be such a win-win right now because more people would get the vaccine or not be able to breed.  I mean, it sucks for all the innocent people who got it, but still.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4356 on: September 15, 2021, 03:59:16 PM »
Male infertility is actually a huge health problem now.

Although it's almost certainly more about what you put into your mouth than what you put in your arm

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4358 on: September 16, 2021, 08:09:03 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/hospitals-west-struggle-beds-critically-083011541.html

Definitely going to get worse than it did last winter

Government cocksuckers better let those booster shots out.

All the talk about how Biden and Cuomo were going to do things so much better than Trump, and we about to see unheard of mass casualties for the modern era
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:12:19 AM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4359 on: September 16, 2021, 08:26:20 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/hospitals-west-struggle-beds-critically-083011541.html

Definitely going to get worse than it did last winter

Government cocksuckers better let those booster shots out.

All the talk about how Biden and Cuomo were going to do things so much better than Trump, and we about to see unheard of mass casualties for the modern era

I think they should certainly open the boosters to older people and immunocompromised.  I don't know that all adults need it right now, but I'd say if it's been 8 months since you finished the initial series, then go for it.  Unless we have some vaccine shortage I'm not aware of, I don't see much reason to withhold boosters.  The only thing I can think of is the potential for exuberant adverse reactions from a 3rd vaccine since you've had 2 fairly recently.  From what I've read, it seems 3rd shots have mirrored the type of adverse reactions as the 2nd ones- achiness, headache, etc. I'm sure there's something else I'm not thinking of as to why they don't just open the floodgates to 3rd vaccines.  Frankly I don't think it'll help much because the unvaccinated are the overwhelming problem.

I wonder if they are holding off because they may try to reformulate the vaccine to include specific targeting of the delta variant.

The hospital situation is awful.  Even here in Virginia, beds are all full where I am.  Not as bad as the hillbilly states, but still makes you cross your fingers you don't need to go to the hospital for an unrelated reason. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:28:00 AM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4360 on: September 16, 2021, 08:31:16 AM »
I think they should certainly open the boosters to older people and immunocompromised.  I don't know that all adults need it right now, but I'd say if it's been 8 months since you finished the initial series, then go for it.  Unless we have some vaccine shortage I'm not aware of, I don't see much reason to withhold boosters.  The only thing I can think of is the potential for exuberant adverse reactions from a 3rd vaccine since you've had 2 fairly recently.  From what I've read, it seems 3rd shots have mirrored the type of adverse reactions as the 2nd ones- achiness, headache, etc. I'm sure there's something else I'm not thinking of as to why they don't just open the floodgates to 3rd vaccines.  Frankly I don't think it'll help much because the unvaccinated are the overwhelming problem.

I wonder if they are holding off because they may try to reformulate the vaccine to include specific targeting of the delta variant.

The hospital situation is awful.  Even here in Virginia, beds are all full where I am.  Not as bad as the hillbilly states, but still makes you cross your fingers you don't need to go to the hospital for an unrelated reason. 

Well other countries are doing the booster shots, and there's a push from the white house to allow them.

If rationing or a shortage is an issue that I can understand (by all accounts it's not)

I just think it makes no sense to not get it done before things really freaking explode, we get into the flu season and holidays, and things look real dire and then suddenly have a mad dash of urgency.

More cases + way less healthcare workers is just gonna be a real bad thing

And what's the plan, wait until every hosptial in the nation is on emergency shutdown and then start getting the staff vaccines? Then you have to deal with a massive underlying  HCW shortage exacerbated by a ton of HCWs out with "mild to moderate covid" or malaise and whatever the freak you want to call the post vaccination symptoms
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:33:58 AM by dcm1602 »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4361 on: September 16, 2021, 08:36:57 AM »

3rd shot boosters were officially opened up for immunocompromised and for people that want to travel (Astra Zeneca apparently isn't approved in some countries, including the US) yesterday by our Chief Medical Officer.

I'm going to go for one, but i want to wait to see if the 3rd booster will include protection from Delta.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4362 on: September 16, 2021, 08:39:22 AM »

How do you propose Biden and Cuomo overcome the anti-vax sentiment that has been and continues to be propagated almost exclusively by Conservatives?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4363 on: September 16, 2021, 08:49:04 AM »
How do you propose Biden and Cuomo overcome the anti-vax sentiment that has been and continues to be propagated almost exclusively by Conservatives?

Unless I'm mistaken about United States + political affiliation demographics. Covid isn't disproportionately impacting white people.

The conservatives peddling antivaxx excrement are 100,000% full blown freaking retards. And I'll even reasonably concede there's certainly more conservative antivaxxers than democrats.

But the death rates of covid suggests that there is a very significant number of democrats that aren't vaccinated.

Regardless my point was everyone blamed Trump, and here we are going throguh the same exact fuckin thing as last year, except worse

(none of this is a defense of Trump. He did a terrible job. Now the people claiming to do better have done a terrible job)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:51:30 AM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4364 on: September 16, 2021, 08:49:54 AM »
Well other countries are doing the booster shots, and there's a push from the white house to allow them.

If rationing or a shortage is an issue that I can understand (by all accounts it's not)

I just think it makes no sense to not get it done before things really freaking explode, we get into the flu season and holidays, and things look real dire and then suddenly have a mad dash of urgency.

More cases + way less healthcare workers is just gonna be a real bad thing

And what's the plan, wait until every hosptial in the nation is on emergency shutdown and then start getting the staff vaccines? Then you have to deal with a massive underlying  HCW shortage exacerbated by a ton of HCWs out with "mild to moderate covid" or malaise and whatever the freak you want to call the post vaccination symptoms

The vaccines are doing their job quite well.  Preventing major illness and death.  Breakthrough cases happen, but are nowhere near the problem unvaccinated people are.  I don't think the problem is normal healthy adults needing a 3rd vaccine.  That isn't the reason hospitals are clogged.  The issue is getting unvaccinated people vaccinated.  I can't fathom why health care workers aren't mandated to get vaccinated or why they wouldn't want to be.

3rd vaccines should be available now for old people and immunocompromised people.   

Tags: