Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357535 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #4305 on: September 09, 2021, 03:26:04 PM »
#NotAllAntivaxers
Got it.

Region dependent I'm sure, but it's heavily skewed Hispanic too. Though I imagine that it's a socio economic/legal more than anti vaxx heeby jeebies

My point was that our shabby history of Afro-Americans taking it on the chin includes some unsettling 'experimentation' of sorts and this pre-pandemic piece provides some perspectives from a number of angles:

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2007/12/102785/scholar-speaks-about-history-medical-experimentation-african-americans

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4306 on: September 09, 2021, 04:06:46 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/politics/joe-biden-covid-speech/index.html

The President will direct the Labor Department to require all businesses with 100 or more employees ensure their workers are either vaccinated or tested once a week. Companies could face thousands of dollars in fines per employee if they don't comply.

Biden plans to sign an executive order requiring all government employees be vaccinated against Covid-19, with no option of being regularly tested to opt out. The President will also sign an order directing the same standard be applied to employees of contractors who do business with the federal government.

He will require that 300,000 educators in federal Head Start programs be vaccinated and will call on governors to require vaccinations for schoolteachers and staff.

And he will require the 17 million health care workers at facilities receiving funds from Medicare and Medicaid to be fully vaccinated, expanding the mandate to hospitals, home care facilities and dialysis centers around the country.

Looks like part of it will be done via OSHA. 

NYT

OSHA, which is part of the Department of Labor, oversees workplace safety, which it will likely contend extends to vaccine mandates. The agency has issued other guidelines for pandemic precautions, such as a rule in June requiring health care employers to provide protective equipment, provide adequate ventilation and ensure social distancing, among other measures.

I'm sure it'll be challenged in court, but good intentions....
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 04:11:35 PM by bojanglesman »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4307 on: September 09, 2021, 04:22:21 PM »
Got it.

My point was that our shabby history of Afro-Americans taking it on the chin includes some unsettling 'experimentation' of sorts and this pre-pandemic piece provides some perspectives from a number of angles:

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2007/12/102785/scholar-speaks-about-history-medical-experimentation-african-americans
People need to stop citing Tuskegee as justification for ignorance.

Someone refusing the vaccine and catching covid is closer to recreating it than someone just getting the damn shot.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 04:25:48 PM by Badger »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4308 on: September 09, 2021, 04:27:55 PM »
It's like someone from Ireland refusing British food because of the potato famine (and not for the perfectly valid reason of it being awful).

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4309 on: September 09, 2021, 04:39:01 PM »
It's like someone from Ireland refusing British food because of the potato famine (and not for the perfectly valid reason of it being awful).

JE coming to defend Spotted Dick:

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4310 on: September 09, 2021, 04:54:15 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/politics/joe-biden-covid-speech/index.html

Looks like part of it will be done via OSHA. 

NYT

I'm sure it'll be challenged in court, but good intentions....

Where the freak has OSHA been the last year and a half? Hosptials have run out of gowns gloves eyewear abg syringes and almost every single of PPE on a daily basis. OSHA can jerk me off they're a useless entity and should be defunded if they can't do their freaking job when it counts most.

I fully support a Vax mandate, but I'd prefer a competent organization to oversee it

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4311 on: September 09, 2021, 04:57:40 PM »
Got it.

I wonder if our shabby history is the reason she doesn't diet and exercise too. A 300 pound lard derriere probably shouldn't be justifying people not seeking medical care. Even if it's based on a very real history

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4312 on: September 09, 2021, 04:59:02 PM »
Where the freak has OSHA been the last year and a half? Hosptials have run out of gowns gloves eyewear abg syringes and almost every single of PPE on a daily basis. OSHA can jerk me off they're a useless entity and should be defunded if they can't do their freaking job when it counts most.

I fully support a Vax mandate, but I'd prefer a competent organization to oversee it

I'm presuming it's more an exercise in convenience as OSHA have the legislative authority to enact such a mandate.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4313 on: September 09, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »
JE coming to defend Spotted Dick:

I'm not biting on Badger's lazy bait, especially given his extensive experience of the UK, but I will tell you that Spotted Dick is a criminally underrated dish.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4314 on: September 09, 2021, 05:34:09 PM »
Don’t y’all eat mashed peas
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4315 on: September 09, 2021, 05:35:46 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4316 on: September 09, 2021, 05:52:38 PM »
Don’t y’all eat mashed peas
They call it a banger in the mouth.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4317 on: September 09, 2021, 06:11:53 PM »
Also, since when do people from New England say, or worse write, "y'all"? Did you suddenly decide to identify as a fat apron-wearing momma from Tennessee?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4318 on: September 09, 2021, 06:35:51 PM »
Also, since when do people from New England say, or worse write, "y'all"? Did you suddenly decide to identify as a fat apron-wearing momma from Tennessee?
I say y'all, but I am legally allowed to do so.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4319 on: September 09, 2021, 06:47:54 PM »
I say y'all, but I am legally allowed to do so.

Yes, because you are a fat apron-wearing momma from Virginia.

Tags: